Game Day: Spurs (34-21) @ Suns (18-37), Wed 2/7/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JustWinBaby

Re: Game Day: Spurs (34-21) @ Suns (18-37), Wed 2/7/18

Post by JustWinBaby »

It sure is great watching this young team play. They are such a fine group of young men. I am sure glad we do not have to put up with the antics that players like James Harden pulls and those that Kobe Bryant has in the past. Those kind of players need to stay away.

It is so pleasant watching these fine young men getting their asses kicked every night.

This owner is a blessing to the Valley of the Sun. All you out towners just don't know what an honor it is to wear your Phoenix Suns jersey around this town.

Life is great in Phoenix.

I also am waiting anxiously for the upcoming off season headed up by our fantastic GM Ryan McDonough. I expect him to choose some more fine young men to play for this glorious franchise. How can anyone ever criticize what happens on the court? Why would anyone criticize this magnificent GM and owner? Why would anyone want any player of James Harden's ability near this franchise? I do not think we need to worry about that horrific thing happening anytime soon. The only way we are going to get anyone or any quality to join this group is via a miracle.

That is really what we need.
This BUD'S for us! - Play fast Play well - Go Suns!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:Betting line: Spurs by 8. Take the Spurs.
Those odds makers should be fired on the spot.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:So who are we going to look at to coach the team next year? I can;t say I've been very impressed with the team under Triano. I don't see any development going on except in the case of Jackson.

The defense is abominable and the offense is hap-hazard.
The team shouldn't be allowed to get away with all those lousy shots they took. That's for sure. Popovich would never allow that of the Spurs.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Danimal wrote:peters sighting

wheres reed?
I had hope for Peters but he has been unable to buy a basket in his short NBA career.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Danimal wrote:40 point lead. ouch
why even send out the solar squad
wish our rookies would hit their open 3's
It looked like the solar squad out there against the Spurs tonight. Just think 10 years ago of the rivalry we once had and then look at the comparison of our two teams now. Sarver's chicken dance and giant foam finger sure have the Midas touch!

"Be Legendary."

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Superbone wrote:
Danimal wrote:peters sighting

wheres reed?
I had hope for Peters but he has been unable to buy a basket in his short NBA career.
He kept missing wide open 3s. He's got a good stroke and was killing it in the D league. Wish he made a couple just for my sanity.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

EJ made the point that certain players need to be talked to about whether they wanted to have a long career in this league.

It's been hard watching a suns team that's so bad at offense. We've almost always been bad at D but good O or decent O at least makes it fun to watch. Our schemes suck and have been that way for a while. As a suns fan I got so used to good Pgs over the years We really need to address the Pg situation in the offseason at the latest. The team is so rudderless and bookers good play just seems to mask many of our ills - there are too many guys who's offensive game is a project without anyone to make them better. I'm worried we are going to run booker into the ground making him do everything. I even thought for a second during the game we should have let Nash back in the game as a birthday gift.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I actually was planning to watch it this morning and didn't wanna read the thread lol but man I just saw the score checking my fantasy team. I usually don't check the box score so I just watch to see who played well even if I know we lost but that final score..... :? :?
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm ready to move on from Triano after this one. No way he should be allowing the team to get away with the awful shot selection tonight. That and the defense (what defense?) was dreadful.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I was back in my office after a few nice weeks in warm (hot as fuck) SE Asia, so I put this game on for background noise. It turned into a background visual when we didn't hit a shot for about the first 5 minutes of the game.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Superbone wrote:
It looked like the solar squad out there against the Spurs tonight. Just think 10 years ago of the rivalry we once had and then look at the comparison of our two teams now. Sarver's chicken dance and giant foam finger sure have the Midas touch!
In retrospect it seems like it was much more of a rivalry on our part - the Spurs were playing to win championships, the Suns were just hoping to someday get by the Spurs (like we were against the Lakers in the 80's).
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In retrospect it seems like it was much more of a rivalry on our part - the Spurs were playing to win championships, the Suns were just hoping to someday get by the Spurs (like we were against the Lakers in the 80's).
Yep, very similar. And we had the year of the sweep where we finally broke through just as we finally broke through against the Lakers back in the day.

"Be Legendary."

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

It seems as though the conversation immediately goes to whoever is coaching this team and Triano certainly deserves at least some of the blame.

This is not new. This has been going on for 7/8 years to one degree or another. However I also think that this is the worst roster that a coach has had available to him.

Who in the world on the current healthy roster would be your leader not counting Booker?

I actually feel sorry for Triano.

How is McDonough not part of this embarrassment?

He built this roster and he hired this coach. Triano has two g-leaguers available to him at the PG position. When you play against a potential contender with that type of talent you often get this type of result. For the most part I have seen the team play hard for Triano. I think he is running out of band aids.
This BUD'S for us! - Play fast Play well - Go Suns!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I don't care who he has on the roster. You don't let them take fade away, contested jumpers for 90% of their offense while the Spurs work the ball around and get wide open shots every time down the court. I guarantee Pop could have a roster of all G League players and he wouldn't let them get away with that shit. And who said McD has no responsibility in all this?

"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:Is 9 points a record low? I ask this way too much lately.
Cleveland scored just 9 in the 4th against Orlando the other day.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

n4th4n wrote:
n4th4n wrote:I am honestly not too upset right now. Bender and Josh have looked solid. But they are a rookie and a 20-year old second-year player starting against the Spurs. There is not that much they are going to be able to accomplish on their own.
I lied. I am a little upset.... =/
I get that we are probably going to lose. But I hate that the Spurs seemed to sleepwalk through the game and we didn't even make them wake up and play hard.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

EDC wrote:Len has played more in the third quarter then the whole first half.

Triano driving that tank. I guess it is okay to play him more after we are down 40. :)
By the numbers, he is still one of our top 5 players.

I don't blame him for wanting out.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

The Bobster wrote:
Danimal wrote:
The Bobster wrote:Spurs up by 47 after 3 quarters.

This got Watson fired. I hope it keeps Triano "interim".
the common denominator is the roster though
Oh, I want to see some of them gone too.
well, Watson's 2 "stars" are not playing tonight in Bledsoe and Booker. But the effort is still inexcusable.

In all honesty, I don't think the Spurs have a better roster.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:I don't care who he has on the roster. You don't let them take fade away, contested jumpers for 90% of their offense while the Spurs work the ball around and get wide open shots every time down the court. I guarantee Pop could have a roster of all G League players and he wouldn't let them get away with that s***. And who said McD has no responsibility in all this?
Pop does have a roster of all g-league players. Aldridge and Gasol are the only high picks who played against us. He started 2 second round picks and 2 very late first rounders.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I for one am just grateful that we didn't trade for a bum like Kyrie Irving! Boy was that the right call. Phew! Bullet, dodged. Getting a late pick and 2 months of a bum center, only to buy him out, was a way better haul. #Winning