Who would you pick if we (OGW-willing) landed #1?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

Who is your first choice if we land #1

Doncic
57%
Ayton
41%
Bagley
No votes
JJJ
No votes
Young
No votes
Bamba
No votes
Other
2%

Total votes: 61

Cap

Re: Who would you pick if we (OGW-willing) landed #1?

Post by Cap »

Word filtering should change Ginobili to GINOBILI!!!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

ShelC wrote:Miles Turner or Manu Ginobili?
Man, you got to be crazy. One of these players is miles better than the other. Turner round before you start asking what's better, Gin or Billie goats.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
INFORMER wrote:Or picking Ayton over Doncic could be Oden/Durant all over again...
I am pretty sure you're just making a point and don't mean that you believe that this will happen. Oden already had a clear injury history when he was drafted and his legs weren't the same length or something like that. The writing was on the wall for his injuries to come. Ayton has no such marks on his record.
I wasn't even talking about the injury issues. Even when healthy, Oden never looked like a superstar. He was a solid double-double threat and good shotblocker, but he was very mechanical and limited on the offensive end. Durant is one of the best scorer to ever play the game. Oden was never going to enter the conversation of best ever.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Superbone wrote:
INFORMER wrote:Or picking Ayton over Doncic could be Oden/Durant all over again...
I take it then that you are in favor of picking Doncic #1?
I have Doncic as my top rated prospect, but I wouldn't be completely honest if I said he is the player I was hoping for.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:Not sure Blake over Curry/harden/Derozan is all that bad either.
I am. Curry and Harden are elite. Blake has had some really good, productive years, but nothing close to those two. The gap between him and Derozan is negligible.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Superbone wrote:
I take it then that you are in favor of picking Doncic #1?
I have Doncic as my top rated prospect, but I wouldn't be completely honest if I said he is the player I was hoping for.
Come on, INF! What are you doing leaving me hanging like that?!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Honestly, I'm still hoping for JJJ. I don't think there is any way he'll end up being the most productive player from this draft; but a part of me still feels he be the most unique, impactful 2-way player in the draft. I think he can be a Draymond Green-like super-role player that does things no other player in the league does.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:Honestly, I'm still hoping for JJJ. I don't think there is any way he'll end up being the most productive player from this draft; but a part of me still feels he be the most unique, impactful 2-way player in the draft. I think he can be a Draymond Green-like super-role player that does things no other player in the league does.
Interesting. I'll be following his progress wherever he ends up. Thanks.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:Honestly, I'm still hoping for JJJ. I don't think there is any way he'll end up being the most productive player from this draft; but a part of me still feels he be the most unique, impactful 2-way player in the draft. I think he can be a Draymond Green-like super-role player that does things no other player in the league does.
:Insert INFs Avatar here:

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I saw an OKC fan propose a trade last night that would reset and rebuild the Thunder if George leaves. They would trade Westbrook and Adams for the Suns '18 pick, Josh Jackson and contracts.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:I saw an OKC fan propose a trade last night that would reset and rebuild the Thunder if George leaves. They would trade Westbrook and Adams for the Suns '18 pick, Josh Jackson and contracts.
I hate Westbrook, but that would be hard to say no to.

OKC would have to really like that pick and Jackson. Seems like if they traded Westbrook and Adams in separate trades, they could get 3 assets for Westbrook and 2 for Adams.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

O_Gardino wrote:
In2ition wrote:I saw an OKC fan propose a trade last night that would reset and rebuild the Thunder if George leaves. They would trade Westbrook and Adams for the Suns '18 pick, Josh Jackson and contracts.

OKC would have to really like that pick and Jackson. Seems like if they traded Westbrook and Adams in separate trades, they could get 3 assets for Westbrook and 2 for Adams.
OKC's Locked On host was actually giving credence to it, as they are starting to think they won't be able to build around Westbrook and Melo has been a bust.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

O_Gardino wrote:

I agree. They were thinking that a Jackson Ayton combo sounds awfully nice to start building around. Also, a separate deal for them to also land Young

Cap

Post by Cap »

O_Gardino wrote:
#3 or #4, OK. Top 2, and I’d rather gamble on getting a franchise player with the pick.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
#3 or #4, OK. Top 2, and I’d rather gamble on getting a franchise player with the pick.
I'm not sure I would do the deal either, as I am not convinced pairing Westbrook with Booker would be building around Booker. I also would like to see the Suns have a core of Booker, Jackson, Ayton and Young.

With that said, the #1 pick is not a for sure thing, and I think Adams is a hell of a solid center. If the Suns could use a good number of their resources to move up to get Doncic, and have enough cap space to somehow pursue George, as he liked playing with Westbrook and Adams, You'd have a starting lineup of Westbrook, Booker, Doncic, George and Adams. With Igor as the coach, this is a much much better team than everyone besides GS and Houston.

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:
Cap wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
I'm not sure I would do the deal either, as I am not convinced pairing Westbrook with Booker would be building around Booker. I also would like to see the Suns have a core of Booker, Jackson, Ayton and Young.

With that said, the #1 pick is not a for sure thing, and I think Adams is a hell of a solid center. If the Suns could use a good number of their resources to move up to get Doncic, and have enough cap space to somehow pursue George, as he liked playing with Westbrook and Adams, You'd have a starting lineup of Westbrook, Booker, Doncic, George and Adams. With Igor as the coach, this is a much much better team than everyone besides GS and Houston.
In what scenario do we have Westbrook, Adams AND Doncic? We have to trade our pick to get the Thunder guys.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Cap wrote:
wpmiller42 wrote:I think I'd be really happy if we were able to get Doncic and then use a late 2nd rounder to draft Brandon McCoy out of UNLV. I think that's a realistic scenario.
Not really familiar with McCoy. What does he offer, besides size?
Questionable decision making. He had offers from Arizona, MSU, Oregon, Purdue, and San Diego State and ultimately chose UNLV. I'm guessing because they were able to pay him alot more. He put up a double double on a shitty team so he's worth a second round pick. I wouldn't waste anything else on him.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

TOO

Post by TOO »

I love Adams, but I think Russ 100% alienates Booker, thus I turn it down without much hesitation. Russ is incredible, I am just not sure you can win with him.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Plus, Marty shuts down the site and we'd have to go elsewhere.

"Be Legendary."

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
I love Adams, but I think Russ 100% alienates Booker, thus I turn it down without much hesitation. Russ is incredible, I am just not sure you can win with him.
Crazy, I remember from 2003-2008, people used to say the same thing about Kobe (win with him as main option).