Game Day, Playoff Edition — WCF: Game 6 — Phoenix Suns @ LA Clippers, Wed 6/30/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Game Day, Playoff Edition — WCF: Game 6 — Phoenix Suns @ LA Clippers, Wed 6/30/2021

Post by Superbone »

pickle wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:58 pm
For whatever reason our offensive spacing has felt more cramped than theirs. Is it the 5 out vs. 4? Is it because CP3 isn’t a spot up 3 point shooter so his man often sags off him more heavily?
They were leaving him alone at the FT line. He just needs to get aggressive and shoot the damn ball!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Re: Game Day, Playoff Edition — WCF: Game 6 — Phoenix Suns @ LA Clippers, Wed 6/30/2021

Post by Superbone »

"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:03 pm
So, I talked to my mom today. She had been watching every game lately with her SO. She said she's not watching tonight. I asked her why. It's because of that asshole Beverly and the way he danced around after potentially injuring Paul. She REALLY wanted to kill Beverly. She has so much anger toward him that she can't bear to watch. That's sad. He literally turned a viewer away from watching basketball because of his antics. And the NBA did nothing about it at the time. No taunting technical. And nothing about it upon review afterwards.
She doesn't want to watch Sideshow Bob get bounced from the playoffs?

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:42 pm
Booker needs to post up Beverley the way Morris posted up Booker. I don't understand why they still haven't done that.
His mentor told him to do that.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:52 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Booker needs to post up Beverley the way Morris posted up Booker. I don't understand why they still haven't done that.
Hasn't Book been called for 3 offensive fouls this series for doing that?
Nope, I just looked at all of his offensive fouls this series, and none of them were after throwing the ball into Booker in the post against Beverley. The closest would be this play from Game 4, but Booker was driving into the paint not posting him up: https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?GameE ... )&sct=plot
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

If the Suns win this game, it'll be mostly due to their intensity and effort on the defensive side. They've done it before, so there aren't any excuses to not be ready.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

pickle wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:58 pm
For whatever reason our offensive spacing has felt more cramped than theirs. Is it the 5 out vs. 4? Is it because CP3 isn’t a spot up 3 point shooter so his man often sags off him more heavily?
He is 2 for 16 this series. I wouldn't bother to guard him at all. You go under every screen and pray he shoots a 3 if you are the Clippers. And if you can sag off enough to jump to his spot first to prevent the drive/snake into his spot, even better. I wouldn't mind seeing more time from Payne tonight, but I know he gets hunted like crazy on defense.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone wrote:
So, I talked to my mom today. She had been watching every game lately with her SO. She said she's not watching tonight. I asked her why. It's because of that asshole Beverly and the way he danced around after potentially injuring Paul. She REALLY wanted to kill Beverly. She has so much anger toward him that she can't bear to watch. That's sad. He literally turned a viewer away from watching basketball because of his antics. And the NBA did nothing about it at the time. No taunting technical. And nothing about it upon review afterwards.
The last time a team danced on us, we took it out on them on the court. Hopefully we do the same.

I really wanted to see Ayton give him a good shove (something that would draw a tech, but not an ejection or suspension), but that's not his style. If we beat them tonight, they should mock Beverly like they did LeBron.

Indy

Post by Indy »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:08 pm
Indy wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:52 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Hasn't Book been called for 3 offensive fouls this series for doing that?
Nope, I just looked at all of his offensive fouls this series, and none of them were after throwing the ball into Booker in the post against Beverley. The closest would be this play from Game 4, but Booker was driving into the paint not posting him up: https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?GameE ... )&sct=plot
Yeah, sorry I didn't mean they were all on post plays after a few dribble back-downs. I mean he makes even slight contact going up for a shot and they call him for the foul. When it is the other way, PG pushes off like crazy, or Beverly pushes Devin even more than Devin pushed him in that play, and it gets called.

I am not loving our ref match up tonight.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:18 pm
Superbone wrote:
The last time a team danced on us, we took it out on them on the court. Hopefully we do the same.

I really wanted to see Ayton give him a good shove (something that would draw a tech, but not an ejection or suspension), but that's not his style. If we beat them tonight, they should mock Beverly like they did LeBron.
As long as it's not Crowder or Booker mocking him--they can't afford any more techs.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:18 pm
Superbone wrote:

I'd normally agree with some kind of retaliation, but the Suns were down 9-10 points and that foul turned into a 5 point possession IIRC, which was good enough for me.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Guys/gals/non-binary pals: We have a chance to go to the NBA finals tonight. 24 months after finishing 19-63. That is crazy! I am pumped. LFG.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:22 pm
Worked out really well for them last time. Will we be duped again?

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

It seems unbelievable that the NBA didn't at least give Beverley a technical after the game, like they did with Cousins after game 2.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Be interesting how long we stick with crowder instead of Cam if he continues to struggle.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:01 pm
shit. He has been our best wing by far.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:37 pm
Be interesting how long we stick with crowder instead of Cam if he continues to struggle.
don;'t have a choice tonight

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Haven't seen anything else yet but that really sucks. Don't remember anything happening during the game.