Countdown Thread - 65 Days Until Preseason Opens

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: Countdown Thread - 65 Days Until Preseason Opens

Post by JeremyG »

SunsShine wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:04 pm
You’ll have to excuse my ignorance, but what is the best way to catch all Suns games? I am considering resubscribing to YouTube TV for the nationally broadcasted games, but would it also feature the local games and the games we aren’t playing on national TV?
Welcome SunsShine!

No, local broadcasts will only be available on TV (free over-the-air channels on the AZ Family network) or streaming through Kiswe (price still hasn’t been announced).

Any TV subscription packages that include those local channels would also give you access, but I don’t think YouTube TV includes the local channels.

You can find more details here: https://www.nba.com/suns/how-to-watch
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

SunsShine

Post by SunsShine »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:19 pm
SunsShine wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:04 pm
You’ll have to excuse my ignorance, but what is the best way to catch all Suns games? I am considering resubscribing to YouTube TV for the nationally broadcasted games, but would it also feature the local games and the games we aren’t playing on national TV?
Welcome SunsShine!

No, local broadcasts will only be available on TV (free over-the-air channels on the AZ Family network) or streaming through Kiswe (price still hasn’t been announced).

Any TV subscription packages that include those local channels would also give you access, but I don’t think YouTube TV includes the local channels.

You can find more details here: https://www.nba.com/suns/how-to-watch
Thank you, Jeremy! I think I may resubscribe to YouTube TV just to have it. I’ll also definitely need to keep tabs on Kiswe. Streaming will likely be the best way for my father and I to watch the games.

Split T

Post by Split T »

It’s kinda funny that it’s historically been easier to catch games being out of market. I get league pass and get all non nationally broadcast games for $100. Glad Ishbia is changing that for the locals

Cap

Post by Cap »

In another forum, I asked what is the best way to catch all Diamondbacks games. I was told I’d have to try out, but if I can’t beat out Moreno and Zavala it would be a waste of time.

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

Cap wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:25 pm
In another forum, I asked what is the best way to catch all Diamondbacks games. I was told I’d have to try out, but if I can’t beat out Moreno and Zavala it would be a waste of time.
I’ve been following the D-backs’ rise, collapse, and eventual rebirth to (almost certainly?) make the postseason. It’s been fun and has helped distract me from the stench of my local MLB team’s tenth godawful season in a row.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

DBacks have been fun and inconsistent offensively. Let's hope they clinch a wildcard birth tomorrow! A lot of speed and athleticism. Most games I've watched or followed in a long time after those lean years.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

SunsShine

Post by SunsShine »

The Diamondbacks have certainly had a rollercoaster of a season. They had such a strong first half but unfortunately were not able to maintain that level of play for the remainder of the season. Corbin Carroll is an absolute stud and we have a promising young core that can not only (hopefully) lead us to the playoffs, but provide us with some more fun and exciting seasons to follow.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:40 pm
DBacks have been fun and inconsistent offensively. Let's hope they clinch a wildcard birth tomorrow! A lot of speed and athleticism. Most games I've watched or followed in a long time after those lean years.
Hoping they clinch today…. I’ve had tickets for today’s game for a month now and would be cool to be there for it.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

SunsShine wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:07 pm
The Diamondbacks have certainly had a rollercoaster of a season. They had such a strong first half but unfortunately were not able to maintain that level of play for the remainder of the season. Corbin Carroll is an absolute stud and we have a promising young core that can not only (hopefully) lead us to the playoffs, but provide us with some more fun and exciting seasons to follow.
Pretty cool we have Carroll. He’s a heck of a player….. just me or do the dbacks scouts do a pretty decent job?

Fun times to be a sports fan in the valley 😉

carey

Post by carey »

Carroll is a baller and it's been fun watching him this season. If you've been following the team you knew a recession to the mean was coming because our pitching wasn't holding up. Not only did we lack a closer (our bullpen blew so many games) but after Gallen & Kelly you never knew what we were going to get and when those 2 started having struggles that coincided with the offense regressing from the first couple months you get a team that goes .500 the rest of the way. Dropping that game 2-1 last night was brutal. Only .5 games up on the red hot Marlins now. We need a win or a loss from the Reds/Cubs still.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ahem... Getting back on track:

"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Eddie Johnson has turned into an arrogant prick on Twitter.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

carey

Post by carey »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:43 am
Definitely the kind of dude that searches his name. Don't even have to mention him just have Eddie Johnson typed somewhere in there & he will find you. Lol.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Huh?

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Too bad…. Figured nearly dying from covid would change a man.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Well, I'm not going to base my opinion of him based on hearsay from social media. I'm a fan. One of the reasons I'm not a big social media guy. Easy to pick everybody apart.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

You know how they say, "Never meet your heroes?" Social media lets all of us meet all of our heroes. Most of them end up disappointing us in some way. They're only human.

SunsShine

Post by SunsShine »

We’ll often have these athletes/celebrities on a pedestal, only to come to the realization that they are just humans and make mistakes like the rest of us. Social media provides us all with a platform to speak our minds; it is up to us on what we choose to share with the general public.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Speaking of which:

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

That creep is the reason I'm a suns fan. Still such a disappointment.