Suns News: Week 10 12/29-1/4

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
LazarusLong

Re: Suns News: Week 10 12/29-1/4

Post by LazarusLong »

carey wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:Interesting take on the Suns. Essentially said Phoenix took a step sideways while other teams in the Western Conference took a step or two forward. Also, the three PG system, while productive on paper, has really impacted Dragic's game.

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/12/26/phoeni ... ndamentals
We discussed that article last week if you want to catch up it starts here: LINK

You're the man. Sorry to re-plow old turf ...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Anyone know what's up with Tony Mitchell? There was word that he was going to be waived, but I don't see any confirmation that it has actually happened.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Interview with the Dragic brothers:

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

INFORMER wrote:Anyone know what's up with Tony Mitchell? There was word that he was going to be waived, but I don't see any confirmation that it has actually happened.
I wouldn't be surprised if we told him to stay home and will only waive him if we need the roster spot for a trade/signing. There's no benefit to waiving him yet and perhaps we can use his salary for a trade.

carey

Post by carey »

Shabazz wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if we told him to stay home and will only waive him if we need the roster spot for a trade/signing. There's no benefit to waiving him yet and perhaps we can use his salary for a trade.
I guess. I mean it's kind of a dick move to the player. Why not give him a chance to catch on somewhere else instead of sending him home? It's not like he's an old vet that is just collecting checks at this point.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

carey wrote:
Shabazz wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if we told him to stay home and will only waive him if we need the roster spot for a trade/signing. There's no benefit to waiving him yet and perhaps we can use his salary for a trade.
I guess. I mean it's kind of a dick move to the player. Why not give him a chance to catch on somewhere else instead of sending him home? It's not like he's an old vet that is just collecting checks at this point.
I'm just speculating. In my scenario, who knows, he may be free to look for employment somewhere else and we'll just waive him if he finds it.

We're also not demanding he report to Phoenix. So he gets to work out/chill and get a paycheck.

carey

Post by carey »

So this is not technically Suns news, but Sarver has bid on the Rangers. Not the Baseball team. Not the Hockey team. Rangers F.C. based in Glasgow, Scotland.

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/551825190276317184

Subsequent share purchases by Douglas Park's group and Dave King make his bid unlikely to succeed as it stands.
"Sarver's previous involvement in major sports shows that the £33m would just be an initial investment. If you are going to rebuild a major club like Rangers and get it back to the very top of the game on a stable and sustainable basis, additional funding will be needed, alongside a strong, experienced and highly professional senior management team," the source said.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

It would be nice if Sarver invested in a marquee player or two...

Cap

Post by Cap »

He invested in a Markieff player or two, close enough?

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Cap wrote:He invested in a Markieff player or two, close enough?
8-) :lol:

carey

Post by carey »

Cap wrote:He invested in a Markieff player or two, close enough?
Bahaha.

But really, I think they are trying. Not sure what else you want them to do at the moment. They don't just give them away. :(
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

I don't know what it would take, and it would take a lot, but I think Demarcus Cousins could be had. I just think that Sacramento management is so bad that the right combination of draft picks and young players could do it. If I was a GM, I'd at least call to find out what it would take.

I don't think we have the assets to pull it off, but just thinking out loud, he's the only "marquee" player I could see being moved. Maybe Carmelo too.

EDC

Post by EDC »

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... 0ae8e0ec90

The guards have done a great job on the boards.

Interesting that he doesn't take into account all the easy boards the guards get while Len is boxing out though.

There is a pretty easy fix to the rebounding issue. Play Len until he fouls out. That and light a fire under Kieffs ass.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

A lot of politics involved in being the Suns beat writer. Can't disclose things the organization doesn't want disclosed, can't say things that piss players off, etc. From where I sit, it's pretty obvious that the coaching staff feels there aren't enough shots or minutes to go around, so it's the young guys who get screwed so the vets are kept happy. We're not going to see too much praise for the young players from Coro until the organization is ready to shift the focus.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

carey wrote:So this is not technically Suns news, but Sarver has bid on the Rangers. Not the Baseball team. Not the Hockey team. Rangers F.C. based in Glasgow, Scotland.

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/551825190276317184

Subsequent share purchases by Douglas Park's group and Dave King make his bid unlikely to succeed as it stands.
"Sarver's previous involvement in major sports shows that the £33m would just be an initial investment. If you are going to rebuild a major club like Rangers and get it back to the very top of the game on a stable and sustainable basis, additional funding will be needed, alongside a strong, experienced and highly professional senior management team," the source said.
I don't want Sarver investing in a European soccer team. Most of them just bleed money

SDC

Post by SDC »

carey wrote:"Sarver's previous involvement in major sports shows that the £33m would just be an initial investment. If you are going to rebuild a major club like Rangers and get it back to the very top of the game on a stable and sustainable basis, additional funding will be needed, alongside a strong, experienced and highly professional senior management team," the source said.
interesting.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Maybe he'll fly over there and wave his foam finger around.