Suns Trading for Brandan Wright

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SDC

Re: Suns Trading for Brandan Wright

Post by SDC »

Cap wrote:
Shabazz wrote:1 - He's incredibly injury prone. Among the most injury prone players in the league.
This acquisition greatly improves our ability to withstand an injury up front, because we now have four legitimate bigs instead of three. I don't like having to depend on Shav, or having to rely on Mook and Tucker playing PF.
why do you think he'll play in the 4th when len and plumlee couldnt?

SDC

Post by SDC »

carey wrote:
jkalldaway wrote:
SDC wrote:pointless move. why get wright when you already have plumlee and len? adding more redundant players doesnt move the needle. instead of getting a stretch 5 or a back to the basket center, mcdo added another sam delambert type. the sig stays.
You, sir, are an idiot.
Let's try to stay away from personal attacks as tempting as they are in some cases.
haha, i got jasonkiddalltheway.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

SDC wrote:pointless move. why get wright when you already have plumlee and len? adding more redundant players doesnt move the needle. instead of getting a stretch 5 or a back to the basket center, mcdo added another sam delambert type. the sig stays.
Answer to your questions.

1. Because Wright is better than Plumlee.
2. Because Wright is a better center than Keef.
3. Because Wright is a better backup pf than Mook.
4. Because Wright adds a better defensive presence at the pf/c position than Plumlee or Keef.
5. Because Wright allows the team to play through injuries without playing so small.
6. Because Wright gives the Suns flexibility to include a big or bigs in a trade (like IT and Plumlee for a pf or c, or the Morris twins along with IT for a star pf).
7. Because Wright add 6 more fouls (with decent play) at the pf and c position. With Lens fouling woes and Keef's T's this might come in handy.

and I am just getting started.
Last edited by JCSunsfan on Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Shabazz wrote:Suns will probably have to waive Warren or Ennis now when they offer Jermaine O'Neal the max.
let's add sam delambert so we can have replicate the logjam at the PG position.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

JCSunsfan wrote:

4. Because Wright adds a better defensive presence at the pf/c position than Plumlee or Keef.
5. Because Wright allows the team to play through injuries without playing so small.
6. Because Wright gives the Suns flexibility to include a big or bigs in a trade (like IT and Plumlee for a pf or c, or the Morris twins along with IT for a star pf).
7. Because Wright add 6 more fouls (with decent play) at the pf and c position. With Lens fouling woes and Keef's T's this might come in handy.

Also...

Because Wright >>>>>> O'Neal.

SDC, I'm not sure you're correctly remembering the JO era in Phoenix. He was good individually, but he was a ball stopper in the post while not being tremendously effective down there. I don't think we're looking for a plodding big man to run our bench offense through and I'm more than OK with that.

jkalldaway

Post by jkalldaway »

Will do Carey. My apologies. SDC, you seem like the guy that wouldn't like a girl unless your friends liked her (i.e., wanting O'Neal because other teams reportedly do). In doing so, you are making some really silly assumptions. 1) That other teams didn't want Wright - Ever think that maybe Ainge threw his protege' a bone? 2) That many other team's want O'Neal - Ever think that O'Neal's camp may leak that to the press in order to generate interest?

carey

Post by carey »

Oh, I definitely think #2 is the reality of the situation. Agents do that constantly.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Indy wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Indy wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Lon Babby wrote:our burgeoning Suns culture
:roll:
What is your problem with that?
It seems a little much and just more Blabby speak.
Well it is certainly PR spin, but that's his job.
His job is to negotiate contracts and oversee basketball operations. The Blabby speak and arts & crafts projects are his own annoying personal touch to the job.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

SDC

Post by SDC »

JCSunsfan wrote:1. Because Wright is better than Plumlee.
plumlee played starting center last year with the 48 win team suns. wright isnt that better than plumlee.
do you really think wright will play in the fourth quarter as a center over len and keef?
but can he shoot? and stretch the defense. depends on what the coach needs during the game: better offense or better defense.
plumlee can do that job himself. what the suns needed was BETTER INSIDE OFFENSE and BETTER OUTSIDE SHOOTING at the center/PF position, instead of playing microball in the 4th. #ITisBECOMINGsoPREDICTABLE
LOL, wanna bet if wright plays in the last 5 minutes of the 4th over tucker if he's shooting decently?
wright is an unnecessary and redundant addition. like drafting ennis, then signing IT, then extending bledsoe while still having dragic. then plotting to trade our only SG green to make the roster work.
Last edited by SDC on Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

iLLmatic wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Shabazz wrote:Two potential issues with Wright:

1 - He's incredibly injury prone. Among the most injury prone players in the league.
2 - He excels as a roll man in the PnR, especially catching lobs. Our guards are not good at throwing lobs, particularly IT who may be the worst PnR passer I've ever seen.
I honestly don't think any of that matters. But I appreciate the attempt to be objective.
Not a fan I take it?
I'm indifferent. It definitely improves the team (how much remains to be seen) but it's not the best use of the cap space, IMO.

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote: His job is negotiate contracts and and oversee basketball operations. The Blabby speak and arts & crafts projects are his own annoying personal touch to the job.
Why does it bother you so much? Its harmless and really, not as bad as some of the rhetoric out there. I find his weekly radio interviews on KTAR amusing and sometimes pretty funny. He's always pretty forthcoming too.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:
INFORMER wrote: His job is negotiate contracts and and oversee basketball operations. The Blabby speak and arts & crafts projects are his own annoying personal touch to the job.
Why does it bother you so much?
It doesn't really. I just roll my eyes, sigh, and move on.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Cap wrote:
Shabazz wrote:1 - He's incredibly injury prone. Among the most injury prone players in the league.
This acquisition greatly improves our ability to withstand an injury up front, because we now have four legitimate bigs instead of three. I don't like having to depend on Shav, or having to rely on Mook and Tucker playing PF.
Like I said, I'm a fan of the move. But I do have real concerns with IT's ability to deliver the ball to big men on the move. The only other issue is Wright's poor defensive rebounding. That's something we still need to address, but the perfect player that fixes all of our problems does not exist for 2 second rounders.

Good move.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Shabazz wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:

Also...

Because Wright >>>>>> O'Neal.

SDC, I'm not sure you're correctly remembering the JO era in Phoenix. He was good individually, but he was a ball stopper in the post while not being tremendously effective down there. I don't think we're looking for a plodding big man to run our bench offense through and I'm more than OK with that.
you're the one who is not remembering things correctly. what you remember as him being a "ball stopper", i remember the suns feeding him the ball and running isolation plays FOR HIM. the suns dont run plays for len or plumlee and i predict they wont run plays for brandon wright too. you say wright can P/R, but oneal has the P/R and P/Pop game...
Last edited by SDC on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Shabazz wrote:the perfect player that fixes all of our problems does not exist for 2 second rounders.

Good move.
Absolutely.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:The only other issue is Wright's poor defensive rebounding.
I think that's the only issue worth mentioning.

SDC

Post by SDC »

INFORMER wrote:
carey wrote:
it doesnt bother me too. but it reinforces the notion that the FO are clueless re the needs of this team.

EDC

Post by EDC »

Is Wright tradeable before the deadline?

SDC

Post by SDC »

INFORMER wrote:
carey wrote:

it's not as bad as dallas adding rondo and ruining their spacing. 2 2nd rounders for wright is nothing. there's still room for oneal if the wright addition flops like tolliver.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Thank God you're not the GM sdc. You'd run the organization into the ground with old, overrated has beens. I guarantee you the majority of experts worth a damn would praise this acqusition much more than bringing in JO. Get over your man crush. JO won't give us a better return on offense or defense like Wright is likely to give. And Wright is a PF. Its not redundant. Just stop with that. He's not a C. He's a PF. The position we continually talk about lacking depth at. Markieff isn't a banger / physical PF. This fits a need. JO is redundant. You're so far off the mark that I'm starting to wonder how I can take what you say seriously. You have blinders and a clear cut agenda towards shredding our GM and front office regardless of what they do.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton