Game Day: Grizzlies (48-32) @ Suns (47-33) , Mon 4/14/14

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: Game Day: Grizzlies (48-32) @ Suns (47-33) , Mon 4/14/14

Post by Ring_Wanted »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Gordon Hayward and Lance Stephenson would fit well with Dragic. Avery Bradley might fit as well, but I think hes better suited to a bench role.
Both Hayward and Stephenson fit, and Lance in particular could make a nice replacement for Bledsoe, but not Hayward. I want Hayward badly, but to put him at SF alongside Goran, Bledsoe and hopefully a better rotation at PF/C.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Ring_Wanted wrote: You are basically agreeing with me. My question is why start at 65 when you can go from 90?
Because going from 90 means you're investing serious money in a player that has serious injury red flags and doesn't address any of the major needs the team has, save for having more talent. Bledsoe is more luxury than he is necessity. We have an all-star point guard already.

And it's not as simple as saying "keep Bledsoe and make all those moves anyway" because having Bledsoe means less touches and minutes for any of the other acquisitions that are made. No Bledsoe means more room for an improve Goodwin, an impact perimeter player from the draft, a player signed or traded for, AND all of that with flexibility still retained.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

The injury bug is my biggest concern as well. That's why the first thing I said was that if the med staff is ok with Bledsoe, so am I. I know they are not gods, Eric Gordon, etc, but if they say he should be ok given the nature of a meniscus injury, I keep him.

Anyway, I thought we were talking leaving aside he health issue. Otherwise it would have been as simple as saying 'I don't want to commit money to damaged goods', instead of debating wether if letting him go for nothing sets the team back (which is where all this comes from), if it can be made up for and what's the extent of his impact on the team and its success.

I'll say that I have less faith on the eventual draftees than you do.