Game Day: Suns (8-11) @ Wizards (7-9), Fri 12/4/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
LazarusLong

Re: Game Day: Suns (8-11) @ Wizards (7-9), Fri 12/4/15

Post by LazarusLong »

The good news is that pitchers and catchers report in about two months.

Baseball spring training, baby!!!
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

#HireThibs

#HornyOUT

#KeefOUT

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Mori Chu wrote:#HireThibs

#HornyOUT

#KeefOUT
Thibs would want nothing to do with this team.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Wally_West wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:#HireThibs

#HornyOUT

#KeefOUT
Thibs would want nothing to do with this team.
Agreed.

Zero interest in that guy personally anyway.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

We have nothing close to an offensive system, horrible decisions on rotations/playing time, no discipline. We sure as hell are not as bad on paper as the product being put out on the court. It's time to fire this buffoon and get someone in there who has a clue. I haven't seen a team this poorly coached since Porter.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:Why did Len play only seven minutes in the half after that effective start?
Because the Wiz were shorthanded and didn't have enough bigs. It wouldn't have been fair.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Come on. It was pretty obvious they were going to lose this game. They were ahead the whole game. You pretty much knew they were going to lose at the end. That's their MO.

They broke Lawler's Law. We were ahead 100-98.

And of course Morris gets a technical in a tight ballgame with hardly any time left in the game. He pretty much sealed the loss. You've got to admire his fire and smarts.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Sunsfan4life wrote:That Kieff T. I seriously think he's trying to tank games for us....
It's been pretty obvious for a while. But Morris has some kind of super power. It's only obvious to the layman. Anybody associated with the team can't see it.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

“We’re going to have to figure it out,” Suns coach Jeff Hornacek said. “Especially when these teams go small against us, we just don’t seem to be able to punish them. We were small ourselves and thought we’d be able to penetrate but just couldn’t get by them.

“Maybe we just have to go big and take our chances on the other end. Then we can run some of the plays we have rather than just the movement.”
Huh. Ya think?

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

How about McHale for coach? He at least knows how to play bigs.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:How about McHale for coach? He at least knows how to play bigs.
I don't think he would help much.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Can we hire Becky Hammon? If Pop endorses her, thats all I need. Is the team progressive enough to do that?

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Can we hire Becky Hammon? If Pop endorses her, thats all I need. Is the team progressive enough to do that?
I am absolutely for Becky Hammon!

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

I thought Morris was playing better, and thrn the 4th quarter happened. But for 3 quarters his shot looked much smoother, no hitch. But the T in the 4th was inexcusable. I know they blew the FT but it amazes me the level of bumbling stupidity that this team has risen to. The play where Morris and Bledsoe both got the rebound and went out of bounds together twas just a microcosm of what's wrong here.

Using Ronnie price as your end of game PG is indefensible for Hornacek. Our guards were getting torched by the lowly Ramon Sessions but certainly Price does not getting you closer to winning.

Leur sitting tells you the coach has lost a grip on what it takes to win. Sad to see it happen.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

EDC

Post by EDC »

I didn't get to watch the game but I just saw the tech.

https://twitter.com/TheCauldron/status/672970595223535617

I'm just speechless. The refs looked like they were explaining the rules to him and he just didn't give a fuck and kept trying to push through them.

Knight on the line with a chance to make it a one point game. Morris is straight up trying to throw games. It is insane that he is still on the team let alone getting minutes especially at the end of games.

It is just embarrassing. My Ballstreams account expired but they are having billing issues so I was going to look for an alternative but I don't think I'm going to be in much of a hurry now. This team is just frustrating to watch hopefully something changes soon.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I am embarrassed by the fact that nobody up and down the organization is willing or able to stand up to a player doing what Markieff is doing. The Suns org has no intestinal fortitude. Bench his ass. Trade his ass. They should never have let it get to this point, and now that it IS at this point, they should do something about it immediately.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Why not?

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
Why not?
We don't have a good roster. We have 28M (per year!) tied up in two PGs that can't play PG very well. We have our best player from last year actively working against the team's success, and our best defender is still PJ Tucker for christ's sake. Bringing in a big-name coach that wasn't doing well doesn't make sense. Even if he was given a bad rap in Houston, dealing with two knuckleheads. It isn't going to be better here.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:I am embarrassed by the fact that nobody up and down the organization is willing or able to stand up to a player doing what Markieff is doing. The Suns org has no intestinal fortitude. Bench his ass. Trade his ass. They should never have let it get to this point, and now that it IS at this point, they should do something about it immediately.
A) Bench his ass--only lowers his value. It is like publicly saying that a stock you own is a shitty stock.
B) Trade his ass--I am sure they have been trying. Like crazy. But can you come up with a single scenario that isn't raping them?
C) They should never have let it get to this point--of course we say that now, but I don't think you (or the vast majority of this place) was saying to ship him out last year, or even this summer.
D) do something about it immediately--The option seem to be keep spending 8M on him, for the life of his contract, while not using him OR taking whatever offer we can get for him, like maybe a late 2nd rounder, or taking back an worse contract.

Robot

Post by Robot »

The incompetence of our front office and this Markeif situation are hitting comedic highs. It's almost like JH and Keif are actually betting against the Suns and intentionally trying to tank games.

The technical thing is a perfect example... then ... the comments JH makes about going big as if he has never played or coached basketball before. It's just pure comedy

Maybe we should just look at this season as a dark comedy and enjoy it for different reasons

- R