2018 NBA Draft Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: 2018 NBA Draft Thread

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:Doncic
Ayton
Bagley
Young
Trade. I'm not interested in mediocre talent. Porter has serious back issues, which IMO = Do not draft. Sexton is a ball-stopper who does not shoot well and we've already been there, done that with Bledsoe. Not interested in raw big men (Bamba). Definitely don't want another power forward that would be marginally better than Chriss or Bender. If it's Bagley, SURE.
Those are my top 4 right now as well. I think JJJ could be a pretty nice player. I also wouldn't make Porter a Do Not Draft. I like Bridges and Carter if we fall 8-10. I kinda agree on Sexton, I'd take him if everyone else was gone but I'm not sold on him.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Bridges plays the same position as Booker, Jackson and Warren. It would be a classic McD move. We can't draft in a microwave unless a trade is already lined up for them.

Cap

Post by Cap »

specialsauce wrote:Bridges plays the same position as Booker, Jackson and Warren. It would be a classic McD move. We can't draft in a microwave unless a trade is already lined up for them.
Can't draft in a vacuum, can't draft in a microwave, what is it about you and drafting in household appliances?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:Bridges plays the same position as Booker, Jackson and Warren. It would be a classic McD move. We can't draft in a microwave unless a trade is already lined up for them.
Agreed.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Cap wrote:
Can't draft in a vacuum, can't draft in a microwave, what is it about you and drafting in household appliances?
:lol: :lol: lmao. I meant vacuum. It's lunch time.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:
Agreed.
Yes to both. It would be classic McD to overload a position, and I personally wouldn't do it without a trade lined up.

But I like Mikal enough that I would line up that trade ASAP if I'm drafting at 7 or 8 and I think he's BPA.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Do you folks like any of the prospects this year enough to consider the pick untouchable? Like, if Young is still available you pick him no matter what trade offers you have, or if Bagley is around you only give him up for a legit top 10 player?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

O_Gardino wrote:Do you folks like any of the prospects this year enough to consider the pick untouchable? Like, if Young is still available you pick him no matter what trade offers you have, or if Bagley is around you only give him up for a legit top 10 player?
If it's top 3, I would consider that untouchable unless you get a top 10 talent and/or could guarantee that you could trade down and still get your guy.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

There is no guarantee that these guys will become super stars, as the draft is somewhat of a crapshoot, like Jackson was, but this draft has more near can't miss #1 type guys than nearly any draft I can remember.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:Do you folks like any of the prospects this year enough to consider the pick untouchable? Like, if Young is still available you pick him no matter what trade offers you have, or if Bagley is around you only give him up for a legit top 10 player?
If it's top 3, I would consider that untouchable unless you get a top 10 talent and/or could guarantee that you could trade down and still get your guy.
Agreed.

I would only trade it for Greek Freak, Kawhi or AD.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:That interview.... huh. Not what I expected.
He needs to start the Rogaine STAT.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
Split T wrote:ESPN has a new mock draft. Has us picking third and taking Bamba.

I'd be a little disappointed if we land at 3/22 and come away with Bamba and Duvall. I'd be excited about Bamba, but there's guys I'd rather have.

I don't want Duvall at all. He's at athletic specimen, but he can't shoot at all. No room for that on our roster. I'd rather take shamet or Alexander-Walker there.

The lottery went:
Kings - Doncic
Hawks - Ayton
Suns - Bamba
Magic - Bagley
Bulls - JJJ
Cavs - Porter
Sixers - Young
Mavs - Carter
Grizzlies - Miles Bridges
Knicks - Sexton
Jazz - Mikal Bridges
Hornets - Knox
Clippers - Williams
Nuggets - Troy Brown

They have us drafting Jalen Hudson, Jalen Brunson, and Milik Yarbarough in round 2
If we pick Bamba at 3, I will be done. There are 5 guys I like better than him still on the board.
Stop it!

"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:

I'd be a little disappointed if we land at 3/22 and come away with Bamba and Duvall. I'd be excited about Bamba, but there's guys I'd rather have.

I don't want Duvall at all. He's at athletic specimen, but he can't shoot at all. No room for that on our roster. I'd rather take shamet or Alexander-Walker there.

The lottery went:
Kings - Doncic
Hawks - Ayton
Suns - Bamba
Magic - Bagley
Bulls - JJJ
Cavs - Porter
Sixers - Young
Mavs - Carter
Knicks - Sexton
Jazz - Mikal Bridges
Hornets - Knox
Clippers - Williams
Nuggets - Troy Brown

They have us drafting Jalen Hudson, Jalen Brunson, and Milik Yarbarough in round 2
If we pick Bamba at 3, I will be done. There are 5 guys I like better than him still on the board.
Stop it!
Sorry. I missed breakfast and worked through lunch. I've eaten, and I'm better now.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:

The lottery went:
Kings - Doncic
Hawks - Ayton
Suns - Bamba
Magic - Bagley
Bulls - JJJ
Cavs - Porter
Sixers - Young
Mavs - Carter
Knicks - Sexton
Jazz - Mikal Bridges
Hornets - Knox
Clippers - Williams
Nuggets - Troy Brown

Stop it!
Sorry. I missed breakfast and worked through lunch. I've eaten, and I'm better now.
LOL. Glad to hear it. You have to stick around and suffer with the rest of us no matter what happens!

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

You could easily trade Warren or Jackson if you wanted. I still think they can all play together. Bridges and Jackson can both defend multiple positions. Booker and (hopefully) Jackson can run the offense.

Still, even if one has to be a backup if rather take someone I know is going to be a good NBA player, Bridges, at a position I already have than someone I don't believe in at a position I need.

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:

The lottery went:
Kings - Doncic
Hawks - Ayton
Suns - Bamba
Magic - Bagley
Bulls - JJJ
Cavs - Porter
Sixers - Young
Mavs - Carter
Knicks - Sexton
Jazz - Mikal Bridges
Hornets - Knox
Clippers - Williams
Nuggets - Troy Brown

Stop it!
LOL. Glad to hear it. You have to stick around and suffer with the rest of us no matter what happens!
Can we make that the Website heading until we make the playoff again ;)
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:

The lottery went:
Kings - Doncic
Hawks - Ayton
Suns - Bamba
Magic - Bagley
Bulls - JJJ
Cavs - Porter
Sixers - Young
Mavs - Carter
Knicks - Sexton
Jazz - Mikal Bridges
Hornets - Knox
Clippers - Williams
Nuggets - Troy Brown

Stop it!
No quitters!!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm worried about Mohamed's heart. Does MoBamba Care?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I'm worried about Mohamed's heart. Does MoBamba Care?
* groan *

Split T

Post by Split T »

https://twitter.com/BrightSideSun/status/956712056685723648