Suns News: Playoffs Edition

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Suns News: Playoffs Edition

Post by Superbone »

Gotta love Al McCoy. I was just listening to his interview on AZSports and he was going old school and talking about bringing in Carter and putting Beverly on his backside. He said he wouldn't have gotten away with what he's gotten away with in the Barkley/Majerle days.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Can we put the refs on their backsides too?

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I would give Craig's minutes to Nader. Craig has been awful offensively the last two games.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:39 pm
Paul George has been called for two fouls through three games. Devin Booker was called for two offensive fouls in the first quarter of game two.

I don't want to place blame on the officials, but the series is not being called evenly so far.
I feel like they might be hiding him defensively. This is just my memory, but I don’t feel like he’s spent any time on Booker. I recall him defending Payne at times though. But probably trying to conserve him for offense. We might want to put him in some actions and make him work. But might explain his low foul totals…though he had two blatant offensive fouls he got away with last night.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:10 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Paul George has been called for two fouls through three games. Devin Booker was called for two offensive fouls in the first quarter of game two.

I don't want to place blame on the officials, but the series is not being called evenly so far.
I feel like they might be hiding him defensively. This is just my memory, but I don’t feel like he’s spent any time on Booker. I recall him defending Payne at times though. But probably trying to conserve him for offense. We might want to put him in some actions and make him work. But might explain his low foul totals…though he had two blatant offensive fouls he got away with last night.
We need somebody to bust him in the nose and even things up a bit. Time to fight fire with fire.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

This is comforting.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I root for 2 sports teams: the Suns and the Montreal Canadiens.

The last time the Canadiens were in the finals: 1993
The last time the Suns were in the finals: 1993

The Canadiens just made the Stanley Cup finals.

It’s the year of Shabazz. It’s just meant to be.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:55 pm

This is comforting.
Not as comforting, I'm seeing Book listed as "Available". What the hell does that mean? Is he playing or not?

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:40 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:55 pm

This is comforting.
Not as comforting, I'm seeing Book listed as "Available". What the hell does that mean? Is he playing or not?
He’s playing.. but he has an injury so I think he has to be listed. Available seems a step above probable

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Here's the tweet I'm referring to:

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:45 pm
Here's the tweet I'm referring to:

Available means he is able to play.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

dragickingdom

Post by dragickingdom »

Is it just me or does the black strap on Booker's mask seem like it's blocking part of his vision and acts like horse blinders.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

https://www.nba.com/news/suns-looking-t ... t-clippers
“I think we need to be kind of wild at some point, just go hard,” said forward Dario Saric said. “Obviously, we watch[ed] the video today from our last game at home, and the video from yesterday. We were kind of giving them space for them to operate. I think for next game, I think we need to be kind of close to them, breathing on the neck, let’s say, like [a] dog and try to play hard and try to play fast because I think they were struggling against us when we play fast.

“In the playoffs the physicality goes up. It’s a different game. You can play more tough, more physically than during the regular season. You know every possession matters. Every ball somebody shoots, even offensive rebounds matter, like everything matters twice as much in my opinion. That’s why we are here because we are doing those things all the time. We have the opportunity to play physically on both sides of the court. That’s what we want. I think our last game, we were kind of so-so on that part. I think we can do that better for our next game.”

Williams and Saric believe one way for Phoenix to combat LA’s physicality is to play with increased pace on offense.

"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:46 pm
https://www.nba.com/news/suns-looking-t ... t-clippers
“I think we need to be kind of wild at some point, just go hard,” said forward Dario Saric said. “Obviously, we watch[ed] the video today from our last game at home, and the video from yesterday. We were kind of giving them space for them to operate. I think for next game, I think we need to be kind of close to them, breathing on the neck, let’s say, like [a] dog and try to play hard and try to play fast because I think they were struggling against us when we play fast.

“In the playoffs the physicality goes up. It’s a different game. You can play more tough, more physically than during the regular season. You know every possession matters. Every ball somebody shoots, even offensive rebounds matter, like everything matters twice as much in my opinion. That’s why we are here because we are doing those things all the time. We have the opportunity to play physically on both sides of the court. That’s what we want. I think our last game, we were kind of so-so on that part. I think we can do that better for our next game.”

Williams and Saric believe one way for Phoenix to combat LA’s physicality is to play with increased pace on offense.
Well hey Dario would have played his share or rugged basketball when the stakes get high in FIBA such as those EuroBasket tournaments and so on.
Definitely need someone setting a couple hard screens and it can't be DA as a flop is probably coming but just need to get someone good in the chest once :x
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The question is whether the refs will allow us to be physical. Book hits Beverley in the face on a drive in Game 2, they stop the play, review it and give Book a foul. George leans in on a jumper and elbows Crowder in the face and nothing.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

I don;t know if I am using the NBA.com stat tracker properly, but I think it shows that PG has defended 37 shots in this series. And only 2 fouls. Devin has defended 49 shots and has 12 fouls...

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:10 pm
The question is whether the refs will allow us to be physical. Book hits Beverley in the face on a drive in Game 2, they stop the play, review it and give Book a foul. George leans in on a jumper and elbows Crowder in the face and nothing.
Exactly
That's y I want Dario set the elbows up screen or knee to the thigh screen lol
If he gets a couple fouls so be it :twisted:

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:50 pm
Split T wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

I don;t know if I am using the NBA.com stat tracker properly, but I think it shows that PG has defended 37 shots in this series. And only 2 fouls. Devin has defended 49 shots and has 12 fouls...
Is that just 12 defensive fouls, or does it count offensive too?

Indy

Post by Indy »

total

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »