Is KD coming to the Suns?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Is KD coming to the Suns?

Post by Split T »

TOO wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:58 pm
Split T wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:56 pm
How does everyone feel about our chances at having KD to start the season now?

I think I’m about 45/45/10. 45% he’s in Phoenix, 45% he’s in Brooklyn, 10% some mystery team manages to convince KD to play there and they top our deal.

I don't think it benefits the Nets to just sit a guy that has no interest in being there. He will end up in Phoenix before the season.
I guess I’m just not confident on how KD will react. I think it’s possible Brooklyn can come to him and say, hey give it a try for half the season, if it’s still not working we’ll look at a deal then when Phoenix would have more ability to trade assets. I could see KD being cool with that. Suns might just run it back and try and cash in at the deadline when they could potentially trade Ayton again.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Some serious tracking going on:

"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

No traction.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I still don’t get the whole, we don’t like players requesting trades thing. I mean I do, Silver works for the owners and it’s in the owners best interest to not have trade requests, but teams can trade players whenever(with some exceptions) they want. Players should absolutely be able to ask to be traded and I fully support them using whatever leverage they have to make it happen.

I will say that I think guys like Harden and Simmons took it too far by refusing to play and/or not really trying when they did play. While they have that choice, I do support those teams refusing to pay them. I do think there should be something put in place to force the team to trade a player if they make an official trade request to the front office. If that happens, I’d say the team gets something like 3 months(could be talked into as far as a year) to trade said player. If they don’t trade them by the deadline, the player would have the option to walk away from their contract and sign a new one elsewhere.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Leave Mikal alone!

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

The only thing nastier than Twitter is Facebook lol.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:22 am

:lol:

Split T

Post by Split T »

I could see Washington actually taking a shot at KD. He’s from Washington and Washington isn’t anywhere close to contending and are stuck with Beal at a ridiculous deal…really have nothing to lose. Not exactly sure what they’ve got to trade though. KP? Yuck…Rui and Avdija? Meh. Beal isn’t tradeable and I wouldn’t want that contract at all. Don’t think KD would want to go there though.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:12 pm
I could see Washington actually taking a shot at KD. He’s from Washington and Washington isn’t anywhere close to contending and are stuck with Beal at a ridiculous deal…really have nothing to lose. Not exactly sure what they’ve got to trade though. KP? Yuck…Rui and Avdija? Meh. Beal isn’t tradeable and I wouldn’t want that contract at all. Don’t think KD would want to go there though.
That's the key.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Still feels like the Nets are just trying to drive the Suns price up and it's not working. Gonna get KD for less than we think imo.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya…I think we’d have KD right now if we’d offer Mikal. We’re trying to get them to take our Crowder, Cam, Saric, Shamet and picks package. I still think ultimately they’ll get us to offer Mikal.

One thing Flex did say is to watch for August 4th…I’m not exactly sure why, but that’s some sort of deadline for LBJ to extend. So far he has been resistant and LA probably feels pressure to get Kyrie. LA is probably offering Westbrook and 2 1sts right now for him. They probably reduce that offer after the 4th if LBJ doesn’t extend. Holding Kyrie with the idea they can sell KD on a return is their only leverage play(well and floating other teams offers, but I don’t buy those and they haven’t managed to get us to up our offer yet). If they move Kyrie for a Westbrook/1sts package, they absolutely have to trade KD and our offer wouldn’t budge.

Kyrie might be a franchise killer, but he might be what helps us get KD and keep Mikal. The fear of keeping him another year might scare Brooklyn enough to just move on.

I do think there’s an opportunity we could get a 1st for Crowder still. Add that to our package instead and in total they could land 7 1sts and Cam J for KD and Kyrie. That’s not bad. That’s a lot of ammo for a rebuild. Especially since 4 of those picks will be 2027/2029 Suns/Lakers picks. Teams built around very old stars. Though we’d still have a Booker/Bridges/Ayton core to fall back on.

I also wonder if Houston would send back a couple firsts to Brooklyn to take Cam J. He might be a little past their timeline, but it’s a thought. I think they’d do it for sure for Mikal. Maybe CamJ and one of our own 1sts for 2 Brooklyn 1sts? Then Brooklyn would get 8 1sts, including 2 of their own…make them the earlier ones and they now have incentive to tank the next 3-4 years.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Speaking of my previous post, this feels like an “accept our offer for Kyrie now” type of leak.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Alright, here's my 5 team trade idea that will never happen, but kinda feels like it works.

Nets:
Out - Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving
In - Russell Westbrook, Dario Saric, David Nwaba, Talen Horton-Tucker, 7 1sts and 2 Swaps(2023 PHX, 2023 MIA, 2024 OWN, 2026 OWN, 2027 PHX, 2027 LAL, 2029 LAL, 2024 and 2028 PHX swaps)

Suns:
Out - Jae Crowder, Cameron Johnson, Dario Saric, Landry Shamet, Torrey Craig, 4 1sts, 3 Swaps, 1 2nd(2023, 2025, 2027, and 2029 1sts, 2024, 2026, and 2028 Swaps, 2023 2nd)
In - Kevin Durant, Kenyon Martin Jr.

Lakers:
Out - Russell Westbrook, Talen Horton-Tucker, 2 1sts (2027 and 2029)
In - Kyrie Irving, Duncan Robinson, Landry Shamet

Heat:
Out - Duncan Robinson, 2023 1st
In - Jae Crowder, Torrey Craig, 1 2nd (2023 PHX)

Rockets:
Out - David Nwaba, Kenyon Martin Jr., 2 1sts (2024 BRK and 2026 BRK)
In - Cameron Johnson, 2 1sts and 1 Swap (2025 PHX, 2029 PHX, 2026 PHX swap)

Who says no?

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I wonder if James, Westbrook and Davis exchanged promise rings too......
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:06 pm
Who says no?
Adam Silver?

This is well thought out despite being too complicated to be realistic. I have to believe at least one GM would let his ego screw it up over a pick protection or something.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:31 pm
Split T wrote:
Who says no?
Adam Silver?

This is well thought out despite being too complicated to be realistic. I have to believe at least one GM would let his ego screw it up over a pick protection or something.
Ya I know it would never happen. Every team needs to be on the same page. Phoenix is the only team I’m pretty certain says yes. I think the Lakers would. I also think the Nets would. I could see Miami and Houston being the problems here. I do think it’s pretty fair all around.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:38 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:31 pm
Split T wrote:
Who says no?
Adam Silver?

Ya I know it would never happen. Every team needs to be on the same page. Phoenix is the only team I’m pretty certain says yes. I think the Lakers would. I also think the Nets would. I could see Miami and Houston being the problems here. I do think it’s pretty fair all around.
And you know all of the other 4 GM's would be looking at the Suns starting line up and decide to not participate in the trade out of spite. At least that's what I'd do if I were them.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Haha true…Im just dreaming of CP3/Booker/Bridges/KD/Ayton…man that’s a loaded starting 5. Bench would be thin. Payne/Lee/Okogie/Martin/Biyombo is kinda yikes haha. I did try to get Gordon to us in the deal but it’s not feasible contract wise. Haha.