Suns Summer League

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Suns Summer League

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
ShelC wrote:Best part of that article is Aaron Nelson re-upping.
WORD.
I reported that last week but what evs. ;)
When does McD get an extension?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
WORD.
I don't think it would look good on him.

The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
WORD.
That I haven't heard or read.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
WORD.
I don't think it would look good on him.
That I give a 9/10. I hope he goes with a purple tie though rather than the green one in the picture unless he's going back to Boston.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Do we still have McDo haters on this board? Maybe we should do a poll thread asking what letter grade McDo gets for his tenure as Suns GM.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Do we still have McDo haters on this board? Maybe we should do a poll thread asking what letter grade McDo gets for his tenure as Suns GM.
I don't think he has done anything to move us forward. I really hope Book turns out to be the real deal, but we greatly over value him right now.

EDC

Post by EDC »

Unless Sarver has changed his opinion on extensions we won't see anything for McD until next summer. The thing you have to understand is that Sarver would just replace McD with another new GM with no experience. Who will then have to make a bunch of mistakes and learn from them.

No GM is perfect and I would much rather keep the experienced one rather than starting over again. Problem is will Sarver be willing to actually pay him.

carey

Post by carey »

EDC wrote:Unless Sarver has changed his opinion on extensions we won't see anything for McD until next summer. The thing you have to understand is that Sarver would just replace McD with another new GM with no experience. Who will then have to make a bunch of mistakes and learn from them.

No GM is perfect and I would much rather keep the experienced one rather than starting over again. Problem is will Sarver be willing to actually pay him.
This. Both GM and coach are among the lowest salaried at their respective positions in the league as well.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

EDC

Post by EDC »

All we need is for our young guys to exceed expectations this season. They need to create some buzz as a scrappy team that competes each and every game. That combined with it being a young team with lots of potential should hopefully be enough to force Sarver to resign him and pay him an avg wage.

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote: I don't think he has done anything to move us forward. I really hope Book turns out to be the real deal, but we greatly over value him right now.
I offer this as a rebuttal.
[youtube][/youtube]
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

EDC

Post by EDC »

I'm personally not worried about Booker's shooting numbers. He has been so busy figuring out what he can do against NBA defenders he hasn't quite hit the point of figuring out which shots are the good ones yet. Offensively he has everything it takes to be an all star. Defense is his weak spot but even that won't be enough to keep him from being an all star.

Barring anything crazy happening the kid is going to be an all star.

carey

Post by carey »

EDC wrote:Defense is his weak spot but even that won't be enough to keep him from being an all star.
What is funny is that when the Suns drafted him Tim Legler said Booker was a better defender than Klay at the same age. :lol:

If defense kept you from being an All-Star I can't explain Isaiah Thomas or Kyrie Irving.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Indy wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I don't want Jackson to be our "PG." Having an SF who can handle the ball is great, but he won't ever be as quick or agile as a true smaller PG. Spread the ball around, sure, but let's not have Jackson initiating all of our offense.
I don't think anyone suggested having him start at PG. Eric would still be there. But it would be wonderful to have a distributor initiate our offense instead of having Eric or Book go iso 80% of the time.
What I meant was that Jackson could be the kind of player who could make his teammates better, unlike a Bledsoe who gets assists mainly because he's got the ball most of the time. I do think that Jackson could handle smaller guards defensively and abuse them offensively. That being said, putting him in with Bledsoe should let Bledsoe do what he does best...be a penetrator on offense and terror on defense.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

By the way, the Aaron Nelson news is huge.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The more ballhandlers/distributors you can have out there, the better.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:The more ballhandlers/distributors you can have out there, the better.
Agreed. And if they can all shoot and play defense you will be fantastic.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Indy wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Do we still have McDo haters on this board? Maybe we should do a poll thread asking what letter grade McDo gets for his tenure as Suns GM.
I don't think he has done anything to move us forward. I really hope Book turns out to be the real deal, but we greatly over value him right now.
If he talked Sarver into committing to the youth movement and showed enough success with "his" young team at the end of the season to get Sarver to buy in on rebuilding, then he moved the needle.

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Indy wrote: I don't think he has done anything to move us forward. I really hope Book turns out to be the real deal, but we greatly over value him right now.
I offer this as a rebuttal.
[youtube][/youtube]
Hey, I way over value him too! I would put money (depending on the odds) on him being an All-NBA player some day. But as of right now he has put up good scoring numbers on an AWFUL team. That't it.

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:Hey, I way over value him too! I would put money (depending on the odds) on him being an All-NBA player some day. But as of right now he has put up good scoring numbers on an AWFUL team. That't it.
When I evaluate Booker I look at the things he does on the court like on that video. What he's doing is so advanced for his age and a few things he does some NBA players never learn how to do at Booker's level. If you're evaluating him based on winning then you're right he's not accomplished anything yet. Or if you're evaluating him on shooting percentages then yeah he's probably not All-World just yet.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

They are going to have a hard time keeping Booker out of the allstar game this year. There are a lot of big names in the west ahead of him, but in 17-18 he will be as good as any guard in the East.