Suns News: Week 16 1/28-2/3

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: Suns News: Week 16 1/28-2/3

Post by specialsauce »

This absolute joke of a front office is going to drive me away from this team. My patience is wearing extremely thin. If we don’t come away with Holiday or Ball by the trade deadline, I don’t know how much more of this I can take. Complacency is just completely unacceptable to me.

Is James Jones actually a GM? Or is Sarver basically keeping him there to have somebody in the chair for the public but without any actual responsibility or pull whatsoever? I feel like he’s a kid playing video games with his older brothers, they let him pretend with a controller with the batteries taken out while they play.

I swear the light is on but no one is home.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Sarver has always wanted to be like Cuban, but the problem is that Cuban is an actual billionaire and he knows how to run a basketball franchise. (Sexual misconduct stuff notwithstanding.)
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:15 pm
Ball's PnR passing has been very good this year. That was a weakness going into his rookie year. We already know he's one of the best on the ball pg defender in the league, and he's one of the best rebounders as a pg. His shot is going to take time, but he would improve the roster as soon as he hits the floor.
I have zero issues with Ball's basketball ability.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

The amount of stars that have come available that we have whiffed on in the past few years is unbelievable.

TOO

Post by TOO »

iLLmatic wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:55 pm
The amount of stars that have come available that we have whiffed on in the past few years is unbelievable.
Whiffing assumes attempts.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

A lot of intriguing pieces seem to be available. But I don't have any faith in our "front office" to get a good deal done. They will either botch it and get nothing, or they'll grossly overpay for some player who isn't a good fit. You just know they'll trade our own unprotected 2019 first rounder for Ball, or they'll leak that they're willing to trade Ayton for AD and piss off Ayton, or something stupid like that.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:40 am
iLLmatic wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:55 pm
Whiffing assumes attempts.
Great point.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:50 am
A lot of intriguing pieces seem to be available. But I don't have any faith in our "front office" to get a good deal done. They will either botch it and get nothing, or they'll grossly overpay for some player who isn't a good fit. You just know they'll trade our own unprotected 2019 first rounder for Ball, or they'll leak that they're willing to trade Ayton for AD and piss off Ayton, or something stupid like that.
Exactly. My recommendation is to stay the course, draft as well as they can, and hope for the best. That’s not contentment, it’s realism. Surgery, no matter how badly needed, has to wait until a surgeon is available, preferably one who has performed successful surgeries before. You don’t let Sarver and Jones cut you open and start tinkering.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:02 am
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:50 am
Exactly. My recommendation is to stay the course, draft as well as they can, and hope for the best. That’s not contentment, it’s realism. Surgery, no matter how badly needed, has to wait until a surgeon is available, preferably one who has performed successful surgeries before. You don’t let Sarver and Jones cut you open and start tinkering.
I'm wondering what will happen if they do decide to hire a GM that isn't Jones. It's conceivable that he decides that these pieces don't fit together and tears it all down. I do see what you're saying though and I agree.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I call ass on all of that. If history has shown us, the next GM hire won’t be better than the last. It’ll just be the same circus act with a different clown. I’m not okay with “staying the course” that is headed towards shit land USA. I’ll take the gamble because I know this ship is headed to nowhere.

Split T

Post by Split T »

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:51 am
I call ass on all of that. If history has shown us, the next GM hire won’t be better than the last. It’ll just be the same circus act with a different clown. I’m not okay with “staying the course” that is headed towards s*** land USA. I’ll take the gamble because I know this ship is headed to nowhere.
Expect a low cost, no experience GM for hire.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Yikes...I understood not trading him in a package for Kyrie, but hard to see the reason for passing on KP in a straight swap for JJ

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Split T wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:15 am
God. Salt in the wounds.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

iLLmatic wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:16 am
Split T wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:15 am
God. Salt in the wounds.
Jesus.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

If this is true then Mavs paid way too much.

Also, Cap's sig is relevant here.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya there were rumors the Knicks wanted JJ, I never thought they’d actually give up KP in a straight swap for him. We discussed trading for him a lot back then, I doubt any of us actually would have turned down a JJ for KP trade. Some thought NY would demand Booker be a part of any KP trade...clearly we were way off on the KP situation in NY. Was Phil still in charge then?

gosuns

Post by gosuns »

I think Porzingis would have been a bad defensive fit with Ayton. Our future 4 should be an athletic, mobile defender who can move his feet. Can’t believe Igor hasn’t tried to play Holmes and Ayton together, or even Bender and Ayton. It’s not like we have anything to loose. I like Lonzo as a Basketball Player, too bad his dad is such a .... I also like both Russel and Jrue and would give up a wing and a future first to get one of them. Regarding Jrue, it’s troubling him and the Brow haven’t had more success together. But maybe it was the injuries that had some impact on it.

Split T

Post by Split T »

The pelicans have been dominant with holiday and AD on the court in plus minus...problem is when 1 or both of them aren’t on the court, they turn into trash.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Is there any doubt phx-suns.net could have this organization in a different place if we were the ones making the decision for the past few years?