Game Day Playoff Edition — WCF, Game 5 — Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns, Monday 6/28/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition — WCF, Game 5 — Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns, Monday 6/28/2021

Post by Wally_West »

What a pathetic performance. Playing with no fight. Playing scared. They are this close by pure luck. Clippers should be up 25 plus. With the upcoming 3rd quarter surge from Clippers, this game will get ugly fast.

Sunsfan4life

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition — WCF, Game 5 — Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns, Monday 6/28/2021

Post by Sunsfan4life »

The suns defense was so bad in that half. Lucky to only be down 7. Ayton was more a liability out there. Not having Zubic has forced Lue to play this small lineup where Ayton cant guard anyone.

Saric was trash in that 2nd unit. I might play craig at the 5 when Ayton comes out. Cam payne was to inbetween..he hurt us too.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:10 pm
What a pathetic performance. Playing with no fight. Playing scared. They are this close by pure luck. Clippers should be up 25 plus. With the upcoming 3rd quarter surge from Clippers, this game will get ugly fast.
They're getting good looks on offense, the D has to be better
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Still don't feel like the game is out of hand. Morris is hitting everything, Jackson with some 3s and Boogie killed off the bench. Book is bringing it and that last play before the half was perfectly executed. We gotta get DA more involved in the PnR. Paul still seems hesitant coming off the screens for some reason. This might be a good game for Craig to get some minutes on Morris if possible to try and get him out of rhythm.

Gotta see what adjustments we make at half. PG has been quiet so that probably won't last.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Wtf

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
The Clippers have owned the third quarter in this series, so this is shaping up to be a disaster of a game.
I have a feeling tonight will be different. This suns team is different, just need to fight over screens n talk on D. No way they should constantly be getting Morris/Book matchup.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:16 pm
Still don't feel like the game is out of hand. Morris is hitting everything, Jackson with some 3s and Boogie killed off the bench. Book is bringing it and that last play before the half was perfectly executed. We gotta get DA more involved in the PnR. Paul still seems hesitant coming off the screens for some reason. This might be a good game for Craig to get some minutes on Morris if possible to try and get him out of rhythm.

Gotta see what adjustments we make at half. PG has been quiet so that probably won't last.
Ill say it again..cousins is 1 of the worst defensive players in the league at playing the PnR. Payne wasnt patient at all with it. CP came in n got the mismatch 3 times in a row. You need Paul on the floor when cousins is in. He'll hunt him.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:17 pm

Wtf
Yeah that’s gotta change

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
The Clippers have owned the third quarter in this series, so this is shaping up to be a disaster of a game.
Feels inevitable.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Wtf has happened to Crowder in this series btw? His shooting has dissapeared

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Good start to the half but expect the Clippers to punch back. Can’t underestimate them.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Add it to the tally of Paul George travels.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Who does Paul George have pictures of with goats? If anything happens around him he gets the call.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Mikal or Jae gotta come up with a big 3. DA doesn't seem to be able to really secure a rebound in traffic tonight.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Hey guys. Ayton is bigger than all of their guys. Get him the fucking ball.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Suns just can’t get out their own ass.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Suns just don’t have it tonight.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

These officials have left the reservation.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

None of the refs were looking at Bev when he was taunting after Paul fell?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

How is that not a taunting technical on Beverely?