Suns News: Week 17 (2/6 - 2/12)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Suns News: Week 17 (2/6 - 2/12)

Post by Mori Chu »

Honestly it seems like Tsai and the Nets management are petty and unprofessional. Kyrie sucks, but then they intentionally go out of their way not to send him to his preferred destination out of spite. And then they go out of their way to leak a trade rumor that sows discord on our team because of KD's request to be traded to the Suns. That's a good way to burn bridges, and that's not how you run a team if you want to maximize your options and your chance to improve every year.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I’m a bit curious if the leaks aren’t necessarily coming straight out of Brooklyn but from Jae Crowder.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

We’ve been over FVV and Rozier for the most part. Lowry is cooked, IMO - worse than Chris Paul. Russell? Please, just don’t.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:39 pm
I’m a bit curious if the leaks aren’t necessarily coming straight out of Brooklyn but from Jae Crowder.
That, and how accurate they really are. people knows that you can post a lot of made up stuff, knowing that teams rarely step up to specifically denied something, when it comes to trading and drafting. If you fail, nobody remembers a week from now, but if you nail it, you get traffic and recognition, and get to keep posting forever as " that's the guy who knew about ____", like some flex dude we all know...

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

This feels like a weird thing to just put out there.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I really think they’re going to do anything to maintain competitive right now. If KD is traded, it will be in the summer.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:51 pm

We’ve been over FVV and Rozier for the most part. Lowry is cooked, IMO - worse than Chris Paul. Russell? Please, just don’t.
You would say No to Rusell, with no picks involved and just cap relief going to Minnesota?

Something like Crowder, Shamet and Payne works under the rules. We kick the tires and get first chance to keep him, obviously after months and months of Booker talking to his ear about how great would be to stay together, and all it takes is him going for a 35mill for two years contract, betting on himself to get another max on 2026

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Split T wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:59 pm
Am I crazy??? This just seems weird thing to brings up

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:56 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
You would say No to Rusell, with no picks involved and just cap relief going to Minnesota?

Something like Crowder, Shamet and Payne works under the rules. We kick the tires and get first chance to keep him, obviously after months and months of Booker talking to his ear about how great would be to stay together, and all it takes is him going for a 35mill for two years contract, betting on himself to get another max on 2026
Ugh. You just outlined an ideal scenario for the Suns and now my face is frozen in a wincing expression.

Minnesota wouldn’t do that, so eventually I’ll recover.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

It just feels like he asked out to be traded to Phoenix again and nets trying to get ahead before it leaks out :lol:

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Wally_West wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:00 pm
Am I crazy??? This just seems weird thing to brings up
Why is it weird? I’m sure the whole league has called them about Durant in the last 48 hours.
Wally_West wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:04 pm
It just feels like he asked out to be traded to Phoenix again and nets trying to get traded ahead before it leaks out :lol:
Ah, I don’t think so. That’s your hopes and dreams leaking into the narrative.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

These rumours are absolute Baloney lol
Just seemed like recycled stuff
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

GTFO.

(That's meant for the Mavs, not Ayton. Just realized that could be misinterpreted. :lol:)
Last edited by Flagrant Fowl on Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

I like that deal but he’s expiring so Minnesota is not going to do it for just cap relief. I might even do CP3 for Russell straight up—definitely would if we could know for certain that CP3 will break down again in the playoffs. We might get away with no picks in that deal.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:16 pm

GTFO.
LOL.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:03 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Ugh. You just outlined an ideal scenario for the Suns and now my face is frozen in a wincing expression.

Minnesota wouldn’t do that, so eventually I’ll recover.
:lol:

Hey, it's Minnesota... perhaps if we get Ainge to negotiate on our behalf, we even get Rusell and a couple seconds for that package!!! (We know Danny would take the 1st for himself)

Seriously, they need to do something, in Minnesota's place, I would have an non expiring offer of Towns for KD on the table for the Nets since the season showed them how bad that pairing turned out out to be. Then the Suns trade would provide them depth and experience.

Payne/Edwards/KD/Crowder/Gobert would be something to think about it.
Last edited by Aztec Sunsfan on Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Perfectly reasonable to wait until Thursday to see. You don’t make a big move if KD might possibly be available

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:16 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

I like that deal but he’s expiring so Minnesota is not going to do it for just cap relief. I might even do CP3 for Russell straight up—definitely would if we could know for certain that CP3 will break down again in the playoffs. We might get away with no picks in that deal.
Chris Paul could very well break down, but Russell will just flat out suck. Significantly lower ceiling and floor with Russell over Paul.

And I'm someone who also thinks Paul is the biggest hurdle for this team to overcome.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:21 pm
Perfectly reasonable to wait until Thursday to see. You don’t make a big move if KD might possibly be available
Yeah, hopefully it doesn't cost anything significant to wait until the last minute to make another deal when it becomes clear the Nets won't trade him right now.