Suns sign Eric Gordon

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Suns sign Eric Gordon

Post by Split T »

A fun thing about Gordon is he spots up from 4-5 feet behind the line at times. He’s good enough from there that you still have to defend him and it just creates even more spacing.

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

To be fair, it would’ve cost them $120 to keep him next year. He’s very good but only about 10 players are worth that much in total actual cost.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya I don’t really blame the clippers for waiving him…just happy they did.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:40 pm
I'd love to see a smallball lineup of Beal, EG, Book, Yuta and KD. That'd be a death lineup in the right matchup.
I just hope we run teams off the floor. No more that "milk the clock" CP3 loves. Go back and play like the 7sol teams.
If I'm not wrong, Vogel Lakers excelled doing that, and we have all the tools to be better.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Pretty much everyone we added likes to run…I think we’ll play fast

Suns_Dave

Post by Suns_Dave »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:11 pm
A fun thing about Gordon is he spots up from 4-5 feet behind the line at times. He’s good enough from there that you still have to defend him and it just creates even more spacing.

That used to be called "Majerle Range" on the national broadcasts.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Teams are going to pay this year if they decide to double. Our bench last year was absolute garbage.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

EG gives us home run ability now. He's a guy that can hit like 5-6 threes in a quarter and really extend a lead or put a team away. We know Book, Beal and KD can give you 30 on any given night and can get hot but that's more in the flow of a game. EG can be that point-a-minute scorer for us that leaves the other team just dizzy and disoriented after a few minutes. And that's still on top of having to deal with the Big 3 scorers. I really hope we lean into the offensive side this year. Like Furlan said, no more rolling/walking the ball up for a 75 second possession in the middle of the 2nd qtr. Just get the ball up court and let it fly.
Last edited by ShelC on Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I can't wait. I think it's going to be an exciting brand of basketball with lots of highlights.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In Ishbia we trust. The crazy thing is that every off-season, his desire to win at all costs is going to make for some amazing off-season excitement for the rest of many of our lives.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:37 am
I can't wait. I think it's going to be an exciting brand of basketball with lots of highlights.
Hopefully it's publicly televised too. Robert Sarver being an absolute mutt and then selling this team to Matt is the best thing that could've happened.

I hate sarver for robbing us of years of bullshit. Fuck that guy.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:41 am
In Ishbia we trust. The crazy thing is that every off-season, his desire to win at all costs is going to make for some amazing off-season excitement for the rest of many of our lives.
It feels like the teams owned by Colangelo again to be honest.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

iLLmatic wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:17 am
Superbone wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:37 am
Hopefully it's publicly televised too. Robert Sarver being an absolute mutt and then selling this team to Matt is the best thing that could've happened.

I hate sarver for robbing us of years of bullshit. Fuck that guy.
"And like a Phoenix, the Suns rose again..."
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:59 am
EG gives us home run ability now. He's a guy that can hit like 5-6 threes in a quarter and really extend a lead or put a team away. We know Book, Beal and KD can give you 30 on any given night and can get hot but that's more in the flow of a game. EG can be that point-a-minute scorer for us that leaves the other team just dizzy and disoriented after a few minutes. And that's still on top of having to deal with the Big 3 scorers. I really hope we lean into the offensive side this year. Like Furlan said, no more rolling/walking the ball up for a 75 second possession in the middle of the 2nd qtr. Just get the ball up court and let it fly.
The thing is we will expect Book, Beal and KD to give us 30 pretty much every night. Any of the 3 can go for 50 on any given night.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

AmareIsGod wrote:
What’s wild is how much better this off-season has been, with so few avenues to improve at our disposal, than the last 2 under Sarver, where we had plenty of exceptions that just went to waste.
Last edited by Shabazz on Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JJ Slim

Post by JJ Slim »

I don't think I've been this excited for the season to start since Backcourt 2000

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

That word is a bad omen I guess.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JJ Slim wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:11 pm
I don't think I've been this excited for the season to start since Backcourt 2000
That made me LOL. I hope it's not as much of a let down!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

iLLmatic wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:18 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
It feels like the teams owned by Colangelo again to be honest.
With some notable differences, limited to the mid-to-early 1990s with Tisdale and Manning.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Did you just call me old?
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan