Game Day (SL): Wizards (0-0) @ Suns (0-0), Sat 7/11/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
OE32

Re: Game Day (SL): Wizards (0-0) @ Suns (0-0), Sat 7/11/15

Post by OE32 »

I agree that Oubre looked outstanding. It gives me no pleasure to admit that I thought he looked as good or better than TJ. TJ played ok, but missed some shots that should have been his.

Alex is finally BIG. No longer just tall. But offensively, he needs to calm down. You work all summer on your post game, you think you'd be able to make a little post hook. Still making silly fouls. But he took care of things inside for us - the Wizards didn't have an answer.

Booker looked ok, and will be a good player. I thought Archie was awful. Can't D, can't handle the ball. I think he needs to be moved, as there's nothing he can do for this team at this point in his career.

In other news...

Y'all see the show Portis put on last night? 3-4 from 3?!? What?! Give me some of THAT please!!!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I forgot to mention that our guys looked pretty good defensively. Coach Bjorkgren is obviously emphasizing defense. Good to see.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Booker: displayed the range of his shooting ability. Smooth overall but physically is not there. Strictly a two. Looked better attempting catch and shoot and spot up. One on one is definitely not his thing so somebody will have to feed him.

Archie: the sheer numbers are good, but he still lacks the essential feel for the game. Shooting is coming easier to him, but form remains inconsistent. Looks like he has hit the gym but the vibe you get is that he is forcing too much 1on1, and his first step was not great this game. I don't think he can beat Weems, but I believe he will have his chance over the season if he doesn't check out.

TJ: collected his stuff and left. Quiet but effective.

Len: dunked everything. Too big for the competition, and he took advantage of it as a finisher. Even bigger on the other end. His shot didn't fall. I think he needs to give it more pause.

I liked McConnell. Pure PG, will get people involved, can make the occasional shot and doesn't turn it over. If he keeps it up, I'd consider him for the roster.

On to Suns-Rockets.

SDC

Post by SDC »

i'd rather see warren and archie take less shots and play off alex len. we already know what the two are capable of. Len i want to see take 20 shots a game on post ups, pnr, and spot up threes. wanna see more outside shots from booker too.