Game Day: Suns (8-11) @ Wizards (7-9), Fri 12/4/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Game Day: Suns (8-11) @ Wizards (7-9), Fri 12/4/15

Post by Superbone »

Robot wrote:Maybe we should just look at this season as a dark comedy and enjoy it for different reasons
:lol: Ha! That did make me laugh out loud. I'm getting there. Instead of being so incredibly frustrated maybe I should just start laughing.

Ha ha ha! Oh, they blew a lead for the third game in a row! Ha ha ha! So predictable. Ha ha ha! Oh, look at the Markieff hysterics in the lane in a one point game. Ha ha ha! Oh, now he got a delay of game. Ha ha ha! He just undid 47 minutes of basketball. Tee hee hee!

I really don't know if there's another choice but to just laugh.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:A) Bench his ass--only lowers his value. It is like publicly saying that a stock you own is a shitty stock.
At this point I'm willing to lower his value for the benefit of the team.
Indy wrote:B) Trade his ass--I am sure they have been trying. Like crazy. But can you come up with a single scenario that isn't raping them?
At this point I'm willing to trade him even if all we get is, say, a 2nd rounder.
Indy wrote:C) They should never have let it get to this point--of course we say that now, but I don't think you (or the vast majority of this place) was saying to ship him out last year, or even this summer.
Since the instant we traded Marcus I have been pounding the table saying that we needed to trade Markieff ASAP. I didn't necessarily say he needed to be traded right after their arrest incident, but I didn't want to jump to conclusions before the legal process got a chance to work a bit and more of the facts came out.
Indy wrote:D) do something about it immediately--The option seem to be keep spending 8M on him, for the life of his contract, while not using him OR taking whatever offer we can get for him, like maybe a late 2nd rounder, or taking back an worse contract.
As above, I'm content trading for a late 2nd rounder or a bad *short* contract if we can get him out. I've just had it with him.

Normally I agree with the measured approach of waiting to get a better deal. But in this case the asset is rotten, the relationship is toxic, and we need to get him out.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone wrote:
“We’re going to have to figure it out,” Suns coach Jeff Hornacek said. “Especially when these teams go small against us, we just don’t seem to be able to punish them. We were small ourselves and thought we’d be able to penetrate but just couldn’t get by them.

“Maybe we just have to go big and take our chances on the other end. Then we can run some of the plays we have rather than just the movement.”
Huh. Ya think?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

This may have been the most frustrating game I've watched in a few years.

I feel like Hornacek was trolling me with that closing lineup. A change as simple as putting back Leuer (+10) for Markieff (-8) (or even for Price (-12)) and we would have won this game. I have no doubt in my mind.

Knight can't keep anyone in front of him, by the way. Sessions turned the corner on him all game. It was sad. And predictably, when he did, he found little resistance at the basket.

Hornacek's infatuation with Kieff, Tucker and Price is infuriating.

What a shitshow.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Bottom 3 rotation Suns in terms of PER: Tucker (8.9), Kieff (9.9), Price (10.2).

Combined 4th quarter minutes: 30 out of a possible 36.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Shabazz wrote:Bottom 3 rotation Suns in terms of PER: Tucker (8.9), Kieff (9.9), Price (10.2).

Combined 4th quarter minutes: 30 out of a possible 36.
Gross.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

“It was a miscommunication,” Morris said. “He told me I had the choice. Then when I chose, they moved so we both actually had the choice. The ball don’t lie. That’s why they missed (the free throw).”

And that's why you lost. Ball don't lie. Asshat.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."