Game Day: Warriors (47-4) @ Suns (14-39), Wed 2/10/16

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
iLLmatic

Re: Game Day: Warriors (47-4) @ Suns (14-39), Wed 2/10/16

Post by iLLmatic »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:Sarver = shit
McDo = meh, ok
Watson = shit
Kieff = shit
Knight = shit
Bledsoe = meh
fan support = shit

If the Gorilla tore his Achilles and our training staff quit, that would just about do it for this franchise.
do you have season tickets? How many games do you attend?
I don't think anyone's fandom should be questioned who is still posting on this site after the type of season we've had.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:do you have season tickets? How many games do you attend?
I don't live in Arizona, and I try to attend every time the Suns come to play the Warriors (which costs a bit of $$$). I own a lot of Suns merch like several shirts/jackets, a hat, a Dragic jersey. I pay for the NBA League Pass and watch most of our games despite us being 14-39. I run a Suns discussion web site where I log in to talk about the team multiple times a day, and I read the local Arizona coverage of the team from afar. I would say I am doing what I can to support the team.
Exactly. And lack of fan support isn't the problem. Lack of a team worth supporting is.
Ding ding. I don't consider myself a poor fan because I don't attend games anymore. Until the team puts a product together that is worth cheering for, I'm absent. It's one thing to have a team that is losing a lot of games but are improving, playing hard and are good guys in general. Markieff Morris (and Marcus) has set back this organization a ton. To keep that cancer on the roster at the cost of a coach and chemistry is a joke. He has left his mark on the young guys on the roster, no doubt. When you have a cancer like that on the team and only given him slaps on the wrist repeatedly, you are setting an example for your young players to follow.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Indy wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:do you have season tickets? How many games do you attend?
I don't live in Arizona, and I try to attend every time the Suns come to play the Warriors (which costs a bit of $$$). I own a lot of Suns merch like several shirts/jackets, a hat, a Dragic jersey. I pay for the NBA League Pass and watch most of our games despite us being 14-39. I run a Suns discussion web site where I log in to talk about the team multiple times a day, and I read the local Arizona coverage of the team from afar. I would say I am doing what I can to support the team.
Exactly. And lack of fan support isn't the problem. Lack of a team worth supporting is.
Ding ding. I don't consider myself a poor fan because I don't attend games anymore. Until the team puts a product together that is worth cheering for, I'm absent. It's one thing to have a team that is losing a lot of games but are improving, playing hard and are good guys in general. By investing in, catering to, and protecting Markieff Morris (and Marcus), Sarver, Babby, and Ryan have set back this organization a ton. To keep that cancer on the roster at the cost of a coach and chemistry is a joke. He has left his mark on the young guys on the roster, no doubt. When you have a cancer like that on the team and only given him slaps on the wrist repeatedly, you are setting an example for your young players to follow.
Fixed that for you.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

iLLmatic wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:Sarver = shit
McDo = meh, ok
Watson = shit
Kieff = shit
Knight = shit
Bledsoe = meh
fan support = shit

If the Gorilla tore his Achilles and our training staff quit, that would just about do it for this franchise.
do you have season tickets? How many games do you attend?
I don't think anyone's fandom should be questioned who is still posting on this site after the type of season we've had.
It was just his criticism of the fan support of everyone else that I question. If the rest of his list is true, why should the last one NOT be true.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

JCSunsfan wrote:It was just his criticism of the fan support of everyone else that I question. If the rest of his list is true, why should the last one NOT be true.
I think the people posting here are great Suns fans. I just meant that even in years when we've had a pretty good team, the crowd is often part-empty and passive/quiet. And whenever we play another popular/good team like the Lakers, it seems like 2/3 of the crowd (and 90% of the loud portion of the crowd) is actually cheering for the other team. It's a bummer.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Mori Chu wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:It was just his criticism of the fan support of everyone else that I question. If the rest of his list is true, why should the last one NOT be true.
I think the people posting here are great Suns fans. I just meant that even in years when we've had a pretty good team, the crowd is often part-empty and passive/quiet. And whenever we play another popular/good team like the Lakers, it seems like 2/3 of the crowd (and 90% of the loud portion of the crowd) is actually cheering for the other team. It's a bummer.
This season, the crowd reminds me of the Suns initial season, when fans of the opposing team outnumber Suns fans. And it's not just when the Lakers or Bulls are in town.

It's a bad, dysfunctional product, and the fan base is sick of it.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

You know it's bad when Sixers fans are outnumbering Suns fans at a home game.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
I have been a season ticket holder for 10 years. I would say that in good times, the place was very loud and certainly not passive. Of course, you still have Bulls/Celtics fans that can only go to one game a year. So they come out in numbers and are rowdy. And Lakers fans are always loud, annoying, and douchey.

I wouldn't say we lack fan support in good times at all. But we certainly dropped off quickly--hard to blame the fans when the Suns are the worst team of the 4 major spots in town. Why should they support this team?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

We have very good fan support in good times. Just ask Charles Barkley.

I don't think fans have shown up for second place teams like Phoenix has in the past.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."