Markieff Morris to the Wizards

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Furlanfufi

Re: Markieff Morris to the Wizards

Post by Furlanfufi »

Finally we got rid of him
I hate him so much I won't even complain he'll kill Dudley value on my fantasy team

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

And, time to return.
So glad they got him gone, even better we get a 1st for him. The protection is good and should net us a 12-15 ish pick.
The players are fodder, Humphries a good character to have around. 4.5 next year is eatable.

Lets hope the young guys continue to develop while dropping a few more games.
Continue to cheer on wins for LA, Brooklyn, NO, Minny & Philly and hope that by some random NBA chance we finally get a no 1.

Roll on October.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Damn it, ES - ya gotta post more!

I feel like we as Suns fans, in times like these, are sorta interdependently connected in some sorta weird symbiotic relationship.

All I know is, without this board, it would be *that* much harder to retain my Suns' fandom. Not talking fairweather wins and losses, but the current state of the franchise as a whole (hole).

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm happy he's gone. McD probably saved his job with that deal, at least for a while longer. Now let's go win...the lottery.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

pickle

Post by pickle »

I am very happy with this deal. Markieff is gone, and I'm not planning to pay him any attention going forward even if he gets 18/8. He's someone else's problem now. Tho I might be in the minority's in wanting a future pick instead of one this year. We have too much youth as it is. Unless we end up combining this pick or the Cleveland one and our own to upgrade to number one and get our future cornerstone, I might have preferred to stagger the onslaught of youth. We are picking up s summer too, right?

I wish we had moved PJ. That non-move bums me out a bit.

pickle

Post by pickle »

In2ition wrote:I'm happy he's gone. McD probably saved his job with that deal, at least for a while longer. Now let's go win...the lottery.
For as much as we malign McD, he really did well with the dragic and markieff deadline deals. I won't go into the other moves and non-moves lest we ruin this jovial atmosphere.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

What happens to the pick if it doesn't convey this year? That is, if the Wiz end up picking in the top 9 and keep their pick? Do we just lose it, or does it roll over to the next year? Thanks.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Mori Chu wrote:What happens to the pick if it doesn't convey this year? That is, if the Wiz end up picking in the top 9 and keep their pick? Do we just lose it, or does it roll over to the next year? Thanks.
Rolls over with the same protection every year until 2021.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Dragic, Morris Twins, Bledsoe, Len, Warren, Tucker, Goodwin, LAL '15
One year later
Bledsoe, Knight, Chandler, Len, Booker, Warren, Tucker, Goodwin, CLE '16, WAS '16, MIA '18, MIA '21

You can also think of it as getting the #13 in this year's draft with our own pick and collecting the Lakers' pick this year at #4 or #5. Like trading Keef + Losing Season for Knight.

An ameliorative move.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

iLLmatic wrote:^ Who really cares? He's a cancer that needed to be removed.
Safe to say the Suns are in remission?
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

A nocturnal remission, at that!

carey

Post by carey »

Mori Chu wrote:What happens to the pick if it doesn't convey this year? That is, if the Wiz end up picking in the top 9 and keep their pick? Do we just lose it, or does it roll over to the next year? Thanks.
Top-9 until it conveys according to reports.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SDC

Post by SDC »

gortat must have given kieff a good word of mouth to the wizards front office.

http://arizonasports.com/story/499621/m ... ff-morris/

Cap

Post by Cap »

Ti Windisch at Hoops Habit gives us an A+: http://hoopshabit.com/2016/02/18/phoeni ... ris-trade/

carey

Post by carey »

Gortat has been gone for 2 and 1/2 seasons. He wasn't here for any of Markieff's craziness. So I'm not sure his word carried any weight with the Wizards.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Who would have thunk, watching that AWFUL 2011-2012 team, that we would have been able to get 4 first round draft picks trading that roster (not to mention Eric Bledsoe)? We also added a first-rounder for nothing by signing and later trading IT. We gave one of those draft picks (Ennis) away, and we sunk the Lakers pick into Knight. But for those of us who have been lamenting the loss of the Lakers pick, this move goes a long way towards rectifying that move. As I mentioned, with this trade, if we don't win the lottery, we'll essentially be in the same position as if we had finished #12-#16 this season and the Lakers lost the lotto, falling to 4 or 5.

This terrible drama has cost us a season, but you've got to be impressed with how well we're positioned going forward. I'm excited to watch the young guys develop. There aren't many teams with which I'd switch places - GSW, MIN... BOS? PHI? Frankly, I like our young guys better than Boston's and Philly's.

GOOOOOO SUNS!!!

:D

Edit: 2012-13, not 2011-12
Last edited by OE32 on Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pickle

Post by pickle »

I like Boston's situation better, and might prefer Milwaukee's younger stars, at least in Giannis and Middleton, and to an extent Henson. Not so hot on Parker and certainly my dislike for MCW has been well documented.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I just got whiplash from all that spin.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

And jokers here really thought we could get KEVIN LOVE for markieff. Heh....rose colored glasses.

Not bad though i would've dumped him for nothing. So a first round pick is nice.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

ShelC wrote:Seriously....now people are unhappy.
I'm satisfied.

Suns get back two contracts with team options for free agency at seasons end and a protected 1st rounder. That's cap space back for Suns to use this summer. I think Ryan McD knows this summer will likely be his last chance to turn this team around.
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !