2019 NBA Draft Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: 2019 NBA Draft Thread

Post by Split T »

Kellan isn’t too high on Ja or Clarke

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'm not totally sold on Ja. I liked Trae Young a lot more last year.

SDC

Post by SDC »

ShelC wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:16 pm
I'm not totally sold on Ja. I liked Trae Young a lot more last year.
how come?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

What's everyone's worst case possible as a Suns fan order of the lottery? I'm curious.

I think if Dallas, LA and Philly all jump into the top 3 would be horrible as a Suns fan.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Why do I feel like that 0.7% chance of getting the 7th pick is something that's just out there waiting for us? :lol:
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:13 pm
Why do I feel like that 0.7% chance of getting the 7th pick is something that's just out there waiting for us? :lol:
I don't want to think about it, but at least there are options available to mitigate this worst case scenario.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:36 pm
JeremyG wrote:
I don't want to think about it, but at least there are options available to mitigate this worst case scenario.
I wish it was only 0.7%. It is 7.1%.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Indy wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 1:44 pm
In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Shoot, you're right. I totally read it wrong. Well it seems even more likely now.

One week until we find out! It's always one of the most anxiety-inducing days for me lol.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 2:55 pm
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Shoot, you're right. I totally read it wrong. Well it seems even more likely now.

One week until we find out! It's always one of the most anxiety-inducing days for me lol.
I was tempted to RSVP to the viewing parties that the Suns are hosting at Cold Beers & Cheeseburgers, but I thought that I better not, since I'm sure to be disappointed and didn't want to look distraught in front of a bunch of strangers, lol. I'm going to hope for the best and expect the worst...

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

In2ition wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 3:04 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

I was tempted to RSVP to the viewing parties that the Suns are hosting at Cold Beers & Cheeseburgers, but I thought that I better not, since I'm sure to be disappointed and didn't want to look distraught in front of a bunch of strangers, lol. I'm going to hope for the best and expect the worst...
I went to the one at the arena in 2017, and the mood was so horrible after we fell to 4th lol. A lady in the elevator with me was so pissed, like legit angry lol.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 3:23 pm
In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I went to the one at the arena in 2017, and the mood was so horrible after we fell to 4th lol. A lady in the elevator with me was so pissed, like legit angry lol.
Gee, the large majority of people were just gleeful after picking Josh at the draft party. A Suns rep asked me what I thought and I was honest, I didn't like the pick, and I felt like I was in the very small minority. I think not going to the lottery party is a good decision, haha.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

In2ition wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 3:25 pm
JeremyG wrote:
In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Indy wrote:

Gee, the large majority of people were just gleeful after picking Josh at the draft party. A Suns rep asked me what I thought and I was honest, I didn't like the pick, and I felt like I was in the very small minority. I think not going to the lottery party is a good decision, haha.
I don't remember it exactly like that. Between JJ, Tatum, Fox and Isaac, I think most didn't really have an idea who would be a better player or a better fit for the Suns. I remember the majority being desperately optimistic simply because the other option was to continue discussing the franchises' descent into the toilet bowl of the NBA.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 3:43 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 3:25 pm
JeremyG wrote:
In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

I don't remember it exactly like that. Between JJ, Tatum, Fox and Isaac, I think most didn't really have an idea who would be a better player or a better fit for the Suns. I remember the majority being desperately optimistic simply because the other option was to continue discussing the franchises' descent into the toilet bowl of the NBA.
Maybe that's it...desperate optimism. I was so disappointed I didn't enjoy the sound of loud cheering that was all around me.

Indy

Post by Indy »

The last time I went to a Suns draft party was 2009. What a fucking roller coaster that was. Still haunts me seeing that video of the Suns war room celebrating like crazy after the Timberwolves took... whoever they took that didn't make it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:13 pm
The last time I went to a Suns draft party was 2009. What a f*** roller coaster that was. Still haunts me seeing that video of the Suns war room celebrating like crazy after the Timberwolves took... whoever they took that didn't make it.
Johnny Flynn

I remember it too. Sad day.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

Besides, who wants a cold cheeseburger! What a horrible name for a restaurant!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

:lol:
Superbone wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 6:23 pm
In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Besides, who wants a cold cheeseburger! What a horrible name for a restaurant!
:lol: No doubt.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Gambo can say whatever he wants, but I really hate it when a FO comes out and says stuff like this months before the draft. I guess it could be considered a form of misdirection, but I don't see much of an advantage gained from these types of statements.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I doubt anyone told Gambo that we’re trading the pick if it’s not top 2, but I can see it being simply that if we can’t get Zion or Ja, we’ll explore what else is available via trade. Doesn’t mean we will trade, just that we’ll pursue it. Honestly I’m ok with that. There’s some decent prospects that can help us, but I’m not sure there are special players in that 3-6 range.