Around the League: The Off-season

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
djy2j

Re: Around the League: The Off-season

Post by djy2j »

I bet I can guess exactly what’s happening with Oubre. He Laid back in June and took the Suns on their word that he’d get a contract and then the Suns low balled him he told his agent to go out and get a better offer to sign and will now call their bluff. Bet me.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Kaminsky is not horrible. He is pretty inconsistent though. There are stretches where he is actually pretty good. Let's hope that those stretches are a little longer with the Suns.

Why are we so worried about a guy that would have been 2x better than Bender was last year, and this year he is the backup? I would have rather had Vonleh myself, as it seems that the defensive end is a little unattended to so far, but with that said, we have 2 guys better than anyone playing the PF position last year.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Always liked Green but figured there wouldn't be interest on either side.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

djy2j wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:51 pm
I bet I can guess exactly what’s happening with Oubre. He Laid back in June and took the Suns on their word that he’d get a contract and then the Suns low balled him he told his agent to go out and get a better offer to sign and will now call their bluff. Bet me.
That could be true. However, if Kawhi signs with the Lakers the only team left with the cap space to offer him a big contract will be the Clippers, and they might not want to.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

djy2j wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:51 pm
It could’ve been the other way around, easily. Perhaps they have an early agreement around, let’s say $14, and after the crazy contracts handed out on day one, Oubre’s agent went for the fences and asked for more, and the FO told them, go get a QO like that and then we talk. I’m guessing that our disinterest on Russell, wasn’t about talent, but about fit and pricetag, and they resisted the temptation of a flashy signing, in favor of team construction. If that’s the case, they probably have as well a pricetag limit on Oubre, and will let him go if it comes to that, fine by me, I sincerely don’t see how he is worth $20 a year, neither $18, except for the year he got to hit the market. Considering TJ Warren’s contract a bargain, then I would value Oubre around $15. Above mid level exception, but heavily far from max money, so half way seems right to me.

You can always ask for more, but it doesn’t mean you are worth it, neither that you have a market for you value, i.e. this year DeMarcus Cousins.
Last edited by Aztec Sunsfan on Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:29 pm
Both of these signings are very disappointing as a Suns fan.
I don't think WCS really fit here, but yeah, the Vonleh one hurts. He is better than Kaminsky.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:41 pm
Good. The Lakers need someone to bring "toughness" on the court and opinions on twitter.

Duds was one of my favorite Suns, but I hate the player he has become. I'm glad he's a Laker so I can hate him with a clear conscience.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Please Kawhi, PLEASE! Don't go to the Lakers.

I'm not a Laker hater, and I'm not even saying this as a Suns fan; I'm saying it as an NBA fan. PLEASE!
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:41 pm
Please Kawhi, PLEASE! Don't go to the Lakers.

I'm not a Laker hater, and I'm not even saying this as a Suns fan; I'm saying it as an NBA fan. PLEASE!
It would be horrible for the league. Seriously.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:35 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:29 pm
Both of these signings are very disappointing as a Suns fan.
I don't think WCS really fit here, but yeah, the Vonleh one hurts. He is better than Kaminsky.
You're probably right abot WCS. I was disappointed about Vonleh and the defense and different look he would have provided mainly.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Cap wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:03 am

Monty installs a new defense featuring automatic weapons.
I'm glad Jim and Roy were able to set aside their differences for the good of the country.

SDC

Post by SDC »

discount the clippers, for kawhi it's either the lakers or toronto.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:32 am
The all-world team.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

I honestly wouldn't mind bringing Cousins in on a 1-year deal. Someone to go hard at Ayton every day in practice, a stretch-5 that can give us a different look when Ayton isn't playing. I think his chemistry/personality issues are overblown.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Why hasn't anybody gone after DeMarcus Cousins yet? If he recovers and loses a few pounds this offseason, couldn't he end up being a really good center for somebody? What team still needs a big man?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

He switched agents to try and find a deal but he's been off the radar for the most part. He didn't look good in the playoffs, understandably. I like the Heat as a fit if he can get into shape. Not sure who else...Clips? Spurs? Probably going to have to be another 1yr deal to show can he play and move.