2017 Suns NBA Draft (4th, 32nd, 54th)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Re: 2017 Suns NBA Draft (4th, 32nd, 54th)

Post by bajanguy008 »

I'm seeing that we brought in Semi Ojeleye for a workout today so finally got around to taking a look at him on Youtube. Others have mentioned it before but it just seems we are gonna have logjams at positions don't matter how we draft, minutes breakdown will be interesting.

This is also from earlier today. Know how everyone loves to hear these words :shock:

Phoenix Suns‏Verified account @Suns 1h1 hour ago

"We're going to take the best player available." - Ryan McDonough on the upcoming #NBADraft
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

djy2j wrote:Not going to be super thrilled or super disappointed with who we get unless it's Jackson. I will be thrilled. The rest I'll take a wait and see approach. If we take Ball I am curious as to how you think the team will react if/when Lavar criticizes one of Lonzo's teammates? What if he criticizes Booker or what if he says something like "Eric Bledsoe isn't the future of the team so why is he getting more mins?"

Just see him as such a loose cannon that it would be inevitable he criticize a teammate of Lonzo's. I would be way more on board with Lonzo if his dad wasn't such a s*** show.
I personally would totally tune him out and ignore him.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'm cooling on Jackson.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

McDonough has been in hiding. He is deep down in the draft bunker. Thursday can't get here soon enough.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

so the latest report is the Lakers will Ball, after all
that's good enough for me. i'll accept that they were Ball-busting all along and move on

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:I'm cooling on Jackson.
Why?

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

ShelC wrote:I'm cooling on Jackson.
You've never been high on him.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

True, I was never that high on him but talked myself into him at 4. But if what Kyler said is true about him measuring shorter than listed, not shooting well...I just have a bad feeling. I always say swingmen are a dime a dozen and too many have gone too high and either been busts or just mediocre. I just see that with Jackson.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Gambo saying we'll choose between Fox and Tatum if Jackson and Ball are gone. Also said there is a dream scenario where we end up with Fox and Isaac.

I feel like Fox is a smokescreen to get Sacramento to offer us something for 4. I can't imagine we would draft Fox with Bledsoe here. I guess we could draft Fox 4, then trade Bled and Warren for 5 and draft Isaac/Tatum.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Tatum has just moved to #3 in draftexpress mock which would suggest everything about Boston liking him there is true.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

If we somehow came out of it with Fox and Issac/Tatum.....wow. Talk about a YOUNG CORE. That would be ridiculously young.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Split T

Post by Split T »

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2017 ... days-draft

Good insights on McD's plans. Doesn't really give anything away, but a good read.

I'd look at the guys we brought in today for our workout as good bets to be our pick at 32

Semi Ojeyle, Sterling Brown, Josh Hart, Davon Reed, VJ Beachem, Dillon Brooks

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Josh Hart again??? That's the 4th time I believe we've seen him
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm really interested in Chris Boucher if he's still around at #54 and we still have that pick. He probably would've been a mid-first rounder had he not blown out his knee in the Pac-12 Tournament. AFAIK, it was a pretty standard procedure, and I haven't heard of any set backs.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

3rd time for Hart. Twice in Phoenix and we attended his pro day

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:I'm really interested in Chris Boucher if he's still around at #54 and we still have that pick. He probably would've been a mid-first rounder had he not blown out his knee in the Pac-12 Tournament. AFAIK, it was a pretty standard procedure, and I haven't heard of any set backs.
I've read that he will go undrafted and doesn't project to be much of a player in the NBA. I think he may go undrafted and wouldn't mind taking a flier on him or checking him out in summer league.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

In2ition wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:I'm really interested in Chris Boucher if he's still around at #54 and we still have that pick. He probably would've been a mid-first rounder had he not blown out his knee in the Pac-12 Tournament. AFAIK, it was a pretty standard procedure, and I haven't heard of any set backs.
I've read that he will go undrafted and doesn't project to be much of a player in the NBA. I think he may go undrafted and wouldn't mind taking a flier on him or checking him out in summer league.
I think it's likely he goes undrafted now, but I think he can definitely have a shot in the NBA. He's never going to be a great player, but he can be a good 9th-10th man off the bench in the next couple of years. He's a great rim protector and he can shoot it better than most players his size.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:Y
Smith is another guy he has way higher than I would put him. I do like that he's got Justin Jackson(UM), Jordan Bell, Wesley Iwundu, and Devin Robinson in the first round. I think all those guys are very underrated prospects.
Iwundu is definitely intriguing and underrated. Robinson looks the part, but his college production is very underwhelming. He is definitely a good target in the second round.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Welcome back, Inf. I missed you
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

bajanguy008 wrote:I'm seeing that we brought in Semi Ojeleye for a workout today so finally got around to taking a look at him on Youtube.
He's a stud. I would love it if the Suns got him.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.