2017 Suns NBA Draft (4th, 32nd, 54th)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: 2017 Suns NBA Draft (4th, 32nd, 54th)

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:Welcome back, Inf. I missed you
Thanks.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm really curious to hear your favorites at pick 4, INF. Particularly, Tatum vs. Isaac.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

INFORMER wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:I'm seeing that we brought in Semi Ojeleye for a workout today so finally got around to taking a look at him on Youtube.
He's a stud. I would love it if the Suns got him.
Ok kool , I prefer when I see games but hard not to like the stuff on Youtube. Was lots of high flying stuff but was surprised to see the jumpers , still I try not to let edited videos get me too excited but can't ignore his tools
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:Semi Ojeyle, Sterling Brown, Josh Hart, Davon Reed, VJ Beachem, Dillon Brooks
2nd time for Semi and Dillon Brooks as well. I like Semi a lot. I tweeted Kellen that I thought he had a great shot at being a Draymond type player and he said Semi can't play defense even remotely close to Draymond. I thought he looked really solid defensively from what I could tell. Everyone knows I'm a huge Dillon Brooks guy. I think #32 may be slightly early for him but I love his shooting, firery competitiveness, and attitude.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think I read that we've had davon reed in as well. Just brown and beachem were first timers

TOO

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:
Split T wrote:Semi Ojeyle, Sterling Brown, Josh Hart, Davon Reed, VJ Beachem, Dillon Brooks
2nd time for Semi and Dillon Brooks as well. I like Semi a lot. I tweeted Kellen that I thought he had a great shot at being a Draymond type player and he said Semi can't play defense even remotely close to Draymond. I thought he looked really solid defensively from what I could tell. Everyone knows I'm a huge Dillon Brooks guy. I think #32 may be slightly early for him but I love his shooting, firery competitiveness, and attitude.
Very few can D up like Draymond, he's an aberration. Not sure you could ever go looking for a player like him.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Do you have room for one more on the bandwagon, TOO? I just watched NBA TV's Draft HQ show and now I'm pulling for Tatum at 4. That's assuming Ball and Jackson are gone though. Even Jackson I'm not sure about.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:Do you have room for one more on the bandwagon, TOO? I just watched NBA TV's Draft HQ show and now I'm pulling for Tatum at 4. That's assuming Ball and Jackson are gone though. Even Jackson I'm not sure about.
Absolutely.

Although it seems Tatum wont make it past 3 after everything i've read the last day or so.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Superbone wrote:Do you have room for one more on the bandwagon, TOO? I just watched NBA TV's Draft HQ show and now I'm pulling for Tatum at 4. That's assuming Ball and Jackson are gone though. Even Jackson I'm not sure about.
Absolutely.

Although it seems Tatum wont make it past 3 after everything i've read the last day or so.
Really? You're reading that Boston wants him at 3 over Jackson?

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Besides Fultz going #1, I think it's impossible to predict who will go where. There are simply too many trade scenarios and rumours put out by everyone from GM's, agents, and alike. If we keep the 4th pick, I'll be happy with Fox, Tatum, or Jackson. Less excited with Isaac, and cautiously optimistic with Ball.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Indeed. JJ is similar to Jaylen Brown, Tatum has a ready made offensive game, for a team that needs scoring and is in a win now situation, it makes sense.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

See I think Boston likes Jackson for his athleticism, defense and versatility which they'll need against LBJ. And if their FA plans come to fruition, they'll have Hayward as the scoring SF they lack.

SDC

Post by SDC »

INFORMER wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:I'm seeing that we brought in Semi Ojeleye for a workout today so finally got around to taking a look at him on Youtube.
He's a stud. I would love it if the Suns got him.
he's built like justise winslow, except that he can shoot.

SDC

Post by SDC »

draft order
1) fultz 2) ball 3) tatum 4) josh jackson 5) fox

mcdo is screwed again.

SDC

Post by SDC »

maybe danny ainge can bail him out again?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I will be really bummed out if we end up with Josh Jackson. What is he great at? High ceiling, low floor. He seemed like the right guy to pick IMO when the draft lottery first happened, but the more I see of him I just don't see "it."

Standard disclaimer that I'm extraordinarily bad at evaluating draft talent and am almost always wrong.

SDC

Post by SDC »

fox is no good either, since mcdo has a hoard of PGs he still needs to unload.

SDC

Post by SDC »

OTOH, ainge and ryan are friends. they can swap #4 (with sweeteners) and #3

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I will be really bummed out if we end up with Josh Jackson. What is he great at? High ceiling, low floor. He seemed like the right guy to pick IMO when the draft lottery first happened, but the more I see of him I just don't see "it."

Standard disclaimer that I'm extraordinarily bad at evaluating draft talent and am almost always wrong.
Do you mean high floor low ceiling? Or do you think he could be a star but will probably be a bust?

I think he's Shane Battier with a very small chance of becoming Grant Hill. I like his IQ, heart, and athleticism. I don't see the shot or the mindset to be a star.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Just throwing another LaVar mention out there incase we do draft Lonzo. I just don't see how he WOULDN'T cause problems if his son becomes a Sun

LaVar Ball isn’t letting the headlines get to him — telling TMZ Sports he’s still 100% convinced the Lakers will call Lonzo Ball’s name with the #2 pick in the draft. The entire Ball clan — LaVar, LaMelo, LiAngelo and Lonzo — are in NYC for the 2017 NBA Draft … and of course, LaVar is as confident as ever. “Everybody knows [Lonzo] going to be a Laker,” he declared …
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."