2017 Suns NBA Draft (4th, 32nd, 54th)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: 2017 Suns NBA Draft (4th, 32nd, 54th)

Post by Split T »

I could have seen laVar being a problem if we picked ball ahead of LA, but if LA passes on ball, I think that changes things.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

So Butler is pushing to be traded to Cleveland, George made it known that he's on his way out, which necessitates a trade out to get something of value in return. Now, hearing that Porzingis is available, which will get everyone excited, along with the Lakers trying to move Russell. Any of these trades could involve the Suns, but what do you guys think?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Lavar is the summer sensation for bored sports talk people. They will be bored of him by fall when MLB playoffs start and the NFL hits training camp. He certainly doesn't have the clout to make an NBA team trade his son for garbage. There are hundreds of NBA parents who think there kid is a star and should play in LA. Lavar will be no different by Christmas. It will be up to Lonzo to manage his life and career.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I would be willing to move out of this draft if it would help facilitate us getting Porzingis. I'm pretty sure he's better than anybody we would get at 4.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

In2ition wrote:So Butler is pushing to be traded to Cleveland, George made it known that he's on his way out, which necessitates a trade out to get something of value in return. Now, hearing that Porzingis is available, which will get everyone excited, along with the Lakers trying to move Russell. Any of these trades could involve the Suns, but what do you guys think?
I think you trade whatever is needed (other than Booker) to acquire Porzingis. Butler, I have no interest. George is a rental so don't want either, unless it was cheap-ish and our own pick in '18 was used to get Kristaps, thus giving us a terrific big three and making it worthwile taking a chance on George not leaving.

EDC

Post by EDC »

I want KP so bad. :)

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Who wouldn't haha.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Seriously, I'd offer the 4th pick, Miami's pick, Bledsoe and Bender or Chriss.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
In2ition wrote:So Butler is pushing to be traded to Cleveland, George made it known that he's on his way out, which necessitates a trade out to get something of value in return. Now, hearing that Porzingis is available, which will get everyone excited, along with the Lakers trying to move Russell. Any of these trades could involve the Suns, but what do you guys think?
I think you trade whatever is needed (other than Booker) to acquire Porzingis. Butler, I have no interest. George is a rental so don't want either, unless it was cheap-ish and our own pick in '18 was used to get Kristaps, thus giving us a terrific big three and making it worthwile taking a chance on George not leaving.
I think I am less interested in acquiring win "sooner" players now than I was. I just don't see the Suns having any chance of getting even lucky enough to topple Golden State for at least several years to come. I would have wanted Butler or George a few months ago but I have changed my mind after seeing the playoffs. I guess I want more than peaking at a 5 seed in the playoffs, which is wherte I think those type of players would get us. I think with being so far behind the top teams in the West I just want to stay the course of acquiring talent in hopes of turning it into a TOP TIER talent at the right time down the road.

Porzingas is on the cusp of this. I don't see us being able to acquire him though. NY will as for Bender Chris #4 and next years pick. I think that's a bit much.

And right after i typed that i read this from Gambo's Twitter:

Knicks have asked for Devin Booker and the #4 pick from Phoenix for Kristin Porzingis. Ha Ha Ha. He is good but not that good!
Last edited by djy2j on Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

djy2j wrote:Porzingas is on the cusp of this. I don't see us being able to acquire him though. NY will as for Bender Chris #4 and next years pick. I think that's a bit much.
Woah. I'd instacall that offer. Would even add Warren or another pick.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
djy2j wrote:Porzingas is on the cusp of this. I don't see us being able to acquire him though. NY will as for Bender Chris #4 and next years pick. I think that's a bit much.
Yeah. I would be happy to give up Bledsoe, Warren, #4/Miami pick, and either Chriss/Bender.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Suns fans truly overvalue their own. I too am all over that trade.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Indy wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:
Yeah. I would be happy to give up Bledsoe, Warren, #4/Miami pick, and either Chriss/Bender.
I don't think they'd want Bledsoe. (Ain't no way he can run triange). That package would be fine by me though. I was saying they would want ALL of #4, Chriss, Bender, AND next years pick. Other's have said that would be fine though. I wouldn't jump off a bridge if they did it but it wouldn't be ideal IMHO.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I wouldn't even care if we took on Carmelo as long as it meant we were getting Porzingis.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Yup, outside of Booker, everyone, and the #4, should be on the table for Porzingis. And I'd take Carmelo too.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

You guys are talking like Carmelo is an albatross they can't wait to be rid of. The Knicks think he's an allstar and has trade value. If you want to take Carmelo too, you've got to offer more in return.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

If we get KP6, we are taking back Lance Thomas and Courtney Lee.

Out
Bledsoe
Chriss

In
KP6
Lance Thomas
Courtney Lee

I have no idea why NYK would do that deal, but you never know with New York.

Edit: I switched Lance Thomas for Brandon Jennings, because Jennings is a FA.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Noah is probably the contract we'd have to take

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

O_Gardino wrote:You guys are talking like Carmelo is an albatross they can't wait to be rid of. The Knicks think he's an allstar and has trade value. If you want to take Carmelo too, you've got to offer more in return.
You haven't been paying attention. Phil can't dump Melo soon enough.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Haller's latest mock draft:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... 411800001/

He has Boston taking Tatum and us taking Jackson after Fultz and Ball go 1 and 2.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."