2018 NBA Draft Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Re: 2018 NBA Draft Thread

Post by Cap »

The Sixers own the Nash pick, don’t they? Suppose it lands #2, and Doncic goes #1. Is Embiid on that “very, very short” list?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I agree for the most part with INF, but to put it in absolutes is a little too much. Cousins and AD play together even though they are both essentially centers by themselves. The thing I'm worried about with him playing a pf is that he hasn't shown a lot of work off the dribble with Arizona. He's probably athletic enough , as he runs very well and quickly.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:The Sixers own the Nash pick, don’t they? Suppose it lands #2, and Doncic goes #1. Is Embiid on that “very, very short” list?
Doesn't the pick go to Boston if it lands #2?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Cap wrote:The Sixers own the Nash pick, don’t they? Suppose it lands #2, and Doncic goes #1. Is Embiid on that “very, very short” list?
Doesn't the pick go to Boston if it lands #2?
As long as Boston gets a #1 or #2 pick every single year.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:Cousins and AD play together even though they are both essentially centers by themselves.
Davis is a 4 that brings to the court all the capabilities of a wing player on both ends of the court. Sure you can play him at the 5, but that isn't optimal. He can't be your lone banger on the court, and he's better off not competing against guys the surpass him in size and strength. That's why the Pelicans initially invested in Omer Asik and why you see Emeka Okafor starting next to Davis instead Mirotic.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

My confidence in Jaren Jackson is really starting to waver. As the season has gone on, his rebounding has gotten worse and he is struggling more and more to stay on the court, to be productive, and to be consistent.

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/AZDesertSwarm/status/970123615327801345

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I' m not sure Alkins gets drafted.

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote:I' m not sure Alkins gets drafted.
The Stepien has him as the 19th rated prospect in the draft which I find odd.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

INFORMER wrote:My confidence in Jaren Jackson is really starting to waver. As the season has gone on, his rebounding has gotten worse and he is struggling more and more to stay on the court, to be productive, and to be consistent.
He had that breakout game a couple weeks ago with 27 points where he showed a little more offensively than previously, but he's been mostly a dud since then. There was a time I was thinking about him over Ayton, but I'm pretty solidly on team Ayton now. I'd happily take Doncic as well.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

How do you guys think Ayton at the 5 would work with Bender at the starting 4? Do you like that pairing?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya I think they fit fine, assuming Bender develops. While I don't think you should play Ayton at the 4 like some others have mentioned, he's versatile enough as a 5 that you could put just about any style 4 next to him.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I rarely ever try to predict the draft, but here are who I think are the top prospects through the middle of the first round. This is mostly based on the few college games I've seen and what I've read about them recently -

Deandre Ayton
Luka Doncic
Marvin Bagley
Michael Porter
Mohammed Bamba
Jaren Jackson
Trae Young
Wendell Carter
Kevin Knox
Mikal Bridges
Collin Sexton
Miles Bridges
Robert Williams
Lonnie Walker
Dzanan Musa
Troy Brown
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

If the Suns finally get lucky in the draft lottery and land a franchise center as their 3rd pillar, I could see them obviously doing everything short of trading the 3 pillars for AD. NO won't bite yet, so I could see them making a smaller move and trade for Love if LeBron leaves.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya I think love is the most likely big name guy for us to target. Possibly Kemba

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:How do you guys think Ayton at the 5 would work with Bender at the starting 4? Do you like that pairing?
Nobody pairs well with Bender because he doesn’t belong in the starting lineup, maybe not in the league if he doesn’t grow a pair.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:Ya I think love is the most likely big name guy for us to target. Possibly Kemba
Gross.

Split T

Post by Split T »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Split T wrote:Ya I think love is the most likely big name guy for us to target. Possibly Kemba
Gross.
Gross to both?

I think a Payton/Booker/Jackson/Love/Ayton lineup makes a lot of sense. That's a playoff contender

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I would really like to go after Love if we get a stud 5 like Ayton in the draft.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Gross.
Gross to both?

I think a Payton/Booker/Jackson/Love/Ayton lineup makes a lot of sense. That's a playoff contender
I don’t know. I don’t think any lineup can have both Payton and Jackson. I don’t think we can run a starting lineup where 2 of the 3 perimeter players can’t shoot from 3.

It’s why I don’t want to resign Payton.