NCAA Tournament

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: NCAA Tournament

Post by Superbone »

Sunsfan4life wrote:BTW...How unselfish is Ryan Archidiancano to give that ball up? What 22yr old doesn't dream of that moment and shoot it? for him to realize how open Jenkins was and give it up in that moment...what a leader.
I assumed it was the play that was drawn up.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
carey wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:WOW! 1 of the greatest shots in college basketball history. Jenkins is one of the more confident kids you'll see. Jay Wrights reaction was complete shock.

Congrats to Nova....I live about 2hrs from their campus. The whole state was pulling for them...
Was it? I saw a gif. He said Bang then smirked like he knew it all along. Definitely wasn't shock.
How do you not jump out of your skin there? He was pretty stoic for a guy who just won a national championship at the buzzer.
I'm sorry but that's a little too cool for my tastes.

"Be Legendary."

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

The play is for Arch to have the ball in his hands and he has multiple options with the first being shoot. Jenkins was yelling his name down the court. Post gm wright,arch n jenkins all said the shot was an option but wasn't the first. Infact wright said it was the last option.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:
carey wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:WOW! 1 of the greatest shots in college basketball history. Jenkins is one of the more confident kids you'll see. Jay Wrights reaction was complete shock.

Congrats to Nova....I live about 2hrs from their campus. The whole state was pulling for them...
Was it? I saw a gif. He said Bang then smirked like he knew it all along. Definitely wasn't shock.
How do you not jump out of your skin there? He was pretty stoic for a guy who just won a national championship at the buzzer.
Different strokes... I loved the reaction. It is about his kids, not him.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:
carey wrote:

Different strokes... I loved the reaction. It is about his kids, not him.
He should show emotion for his kids.

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

It was an amazing play. OMG that pass. Absolutely perfect. Height, softness. Flawless. Has to be one of the top assists of all time.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Not really into college ball since there are 57475848 teams. I usually start watching around the final four. Awesome ending. The coach not showing much emotion means he's a cool cat. There is no you should show emotion rule to me. To each his own.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:Not really into college ball since there are 57475848 teams. I usually start watching around the final four. Awesome ending. The coach not showing much emotion means he's a cool cat. There is no you should show emotion rule to me. To each his own.
I agree with all of this 100%. One the NCAA hoops side, I just can't keep up with everything going on in it unless I dropped a lot of other things in my life. And it just isn't that important to me. Honestly, the same can be said for the NBA. When I was younger I would watch nearly every nationally televised game (which were much less frequent before cable took off), in addition to nearly all Suns games (not the PPV ones). But today, I am lucky to watch 75% of Suns games... well, these last several years 'lucky' isn't the right word, but you know what I mean... and maybe watch 10-15 other games throughout the year that aren't playoffs.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It's not a rule. It's called being a human being.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I had no idea he wasn't a human being because he didn't jump up and down and scream. Maybe he just expected to win, and in the grand scheme of things, winning a basketball game isn't near as important as being a father/father-figure and ensuring his kids are taken care of outside of basketball.

And remember there is plenty of time to celebrate as a team when the cameras and millions of people are not watching.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

[youtube][/youtube]