Suns News: The Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Suns News: The Offseason

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:So. Many. Assumptions.
I'll be happy to see McDonough prove me wrong. But the handwriting is on the wall.
I understand your love of the draft but let's give McDonough a chance. There's no handwriting yet. I guess I can understand your fear and I see that you're trying to temper your expectations. But I haven't seen any actions to date that tells me McDonough doesn't value the draft and our picks. Quite the opposite actually the way he went about acquiring them in the first place. Let's see how it plays out.

Yeah, we probably don't end up with three rookies on the team next year but maybe he's able to package some in a way to get the player he really covets. Time will tell.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:I think McD is going to use the picks, package them, move up, or something else to create more assets, either for the future or towards the current team. Either way, taking what they currently have and create more, whether we have more rookies or not, or even more picks or not.
What he said.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Say hello to your Summer Suns!

"Be Legendary."

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Is that Randolph on far right?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SwingMan wrote:Is that Randolph on far right?
I believe so.

"Be Legendary."

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Superbone wrote:
I believe so.
What the hell is he still doing here?

TOO

Post by TOO »

BREAKING: Alex Len is really tall.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

SwingMan wrote:
Superbone wrote:
I believe so.
What the hell is he still doing here?
:lol:

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:BREAKING: Alex Len is really tall.
You should not use "breaking" and Alex Len in the same sentence. Give me an heart attack.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Bill Simmons ranked the most likely love destinations (we're 5th) and included this:
Phoenix Suns: They have a bunch of decent assets (the nos. 14, 21, 28 and 29 picks, Alex Len, the Morris twins, etc.) but no headliner. They’d have to package multiple picks to move up to no. 5 (Utah) and no. 7 (Lakers). Not likely. (More likely for them: Al Horford.)
I wouldn't complain.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:Bill Simmons ranked the most likely love destinations (we're 5th) and included this:
Phoenix Suns: They have a bunch of decent assets (the nos. 14, 21, 28 and 29 picks, Alex Len, the Morris twins, etc.) but no headliner. They’d have to package multiple picks to move up to no. 5 (Utah) and no. 7 (Lakers). Not likely. (More likely for them: Al Horford.)
I wouldn't complain.
It wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.

But why does Simmons think we have 4 first round picks?

"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:Bill Simmons ranked the most likely love destinations (we're 5th) and included this:
I wouldn't complain.
I definitely think Horford's a possibility. He plays small on offense, is surprisingly unimpressive on the boards, but he is a name and an upgrade at the 4.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I think he's highly underrated, but his injury history is a concern.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Wouldnt be all that jazzed about Horford personally, just doesn't do much for me. I certainly wouldnt trade Len for him.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

INFORMER wrote:
I wouldn't complain.
I definitely think Horford's a possibility. He plays small on offense, is surprisingly unimpressive on the boards, but he is a name and an upgrade at the 4.
Wouldn't that be apropos - Horford was drafted with the pick that should've been ours in 2007 (JJ trade - Atlanta was at #4 with the pick being top 3 protected, then ended up moving up a slot in the lottery).

Horford's been playing out of position at 5 nearly his entire career - slide him over to 4 and I'd bet we see his effectiveness rise.....

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Wouldnt be all that jazzed about Horford personally, just doesn't do much for me. I certainly wouldnt trade Len for him.
You're crazy.

SDC

Post by SDC »

INFORMER wrote:
Superbone wrote: The Suns have entered this offseason thinking they're closer than what they really are. The front office is drunk off of a 37-game stretch of the Bledsoe/Dragic combo, an Archie Goodwin 29-point game, and a Cinderella season, and it's leading to them once again undervaluing and underutilizing the draft after just one season. And they've chosen to operate that way in one of the best draft classes in years. Great timing.
so what do you think the suns should do? build on the current rosters' accomplishments, or deem them not good enough to make the playoffs and try to get even younger?

believe me, mcdo is in big trouble if he makes the wrong decision on what to do with the roster for next season.
Last edited by SDC on Fri May 23, 2014 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

TOO

Post by TOO »

iLLmatic wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Wouldnt be all that jazzed about Horford personally, just doesn't do much for me. I certainly wouldnt trade Len for him.
You're crazy.
Quite possibly, but I believe in Len. Horford is decent, but he's not making us a contender, not a big enough fish for me to move a C with Len's upside.

TOO

Post by TOO »

SDC wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Superbone wrote: The Suns have entered this offseason thinking they're closer than what they really are. The front office is drunk off of a 37-game stretch of the Bledsoe/Dragic combo, an Archie Goodwin 29-point game, and a Cinderella season, and it's leading to them once again undervaluing and underutilizing the draft after just one season. And they've chosen to operate that way in one of the best draft classes in years. Great timing.
so what do you think the suns should do? build on the current rosters' accomplishments, or deem them not good enough to make the playoffs and try to get younger?

believe me, mcdo is in big trouble if he makes the wrong decision on what to do with the roster for next season.
McDonough isnt going anywhere bud, unless he decides to he wants to take a job elsewhere.

SDC

Post by SDC »

The XMen
Superbone wrote:Say hello to your Summer Suns!

[ Image ]