Suns News: The Offseason (2016)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Re: Suns News: The Offseason (2016)

Post by bajanguy008 »

Thanks Indy

I tried joining a few years back but it wasn't working for whatever reason. Every time I visit this thread like most of you guys I cross my fingers that there is no Harrison Barnes link , glad to see Bled organizing workouts. I still have hopes that he "gets it" and picks his spots better when driving and limits his turnovers and as been discussed out of the two I would prefer if Knight was to go
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

O_Gardino wrote:Welcome, bajanguy. I expect half of your posts to start with bragging that you just got back from the beach. :)

I can relate about being the only suns fan. I grew up half way between the Lakers and Kings. I spent my high school and college years arguing with all the guys that Kobe wasn't THAT good and arguing with all the girls that Webber wasn't THAT good looking.
Haaa , that's funny I can relate to the C-Webb stuff because that wasn't just school but also my sister.

Indy

Post by Indy »

But to be honest, back then, we WAS that good looking.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Indy wrote:But to be honest, back then, we WAS that good looking.
Ok lol but I don't want the thread go off topic with everyone wondering if the "new guy" has us talking about player's looks :lol:

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

carey wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote: Another first time poster to the site , been checking this site since early 2000's when Googling Suns News brought me here lol. I often tell friends that I was the only kid depressed at school after the 93 Finals because was hard to find a teenager who wasn't a Jordan/Bulls fan where I'm from (Barbados). I know the site has fans from all over the world but I'm guessing I am the first from Barbados , look forward to posting as I enjoy the insight you guys give especially this time of year like CBA , Cap Space , Draft picks and so on.
Barbados? Sweet. Welcome, mate. I've never been that far South. I've been to Puerto Rico and also St. John / St. Thomas.
Yup that's my lil island basically as far South as you can go :)

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

We didn't have anyone who could compete in the looks department until years later when we got Barbosa.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Havent's listened yet, but McDonough is on The Vertical Podcast with Woj:

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/art19/t ... t-with-woj

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:Havent's listened yet, but McDonough is on The Vertical Podcast with Woj:

It's actually pretty good. Listening to it now. Way better interview and more in depth than the local radio guys do...unfortunately. Probably because they have hard breaks and can't be on an interview quite that long.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Shabazz wrote:Havent's listened yet, but McDonough is on The Vertical Podcast with Woj:

I'm listening now.

Woj made an offhand comment about the situation with Thomas, Bledsoe, and Dragic not working. McD took offense to that and is explaining that it was working on the court, but ultimately didn't work because the players were unhappy. "It's difficult to win in the NBA without a superstar... We were 2 shots away from being 30-18... we make no apologies for being aggressive in free agency."

I would rather him say, "I realize it's a mistake to bring in so many players at the same position, and what we should have done is made moves for high picks or true superstars."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

He's kind of throwing the players under the bus. "They said they were willing to sacrifice, but that wasn't the case."

Indy

Post by Indy »

but ultimately didn't work because the players were unhappy
That is what he doesn't get. You have to assemble a real-life team. Not a fantasy team.

Cap

Post by Cap »

NBA Rumors: Will 76ers Pursue Suns’ Bledsoe or Knight

Note that the article doesn't cite any in-the-know sources and appears to be based entirely on pundit speculation of what would make sense. I don't know when it became so popular to use the word "rumor" in that sense, but it has become very common. And annoying.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

McD took offense to that and is explaining that it was working on the court, but ultimately didn't work because the players were unhappy.
So no....it didn't work.

Indy

Post by Indy »

WORD Cap

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Another emerges from the shadows. Welcome bajanguy! What happened to the first 7 bajanguys? ;)
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Somehow I doubt that the Sixers make a move on Bledsoe or Knight. I feel that the Suns would want the Lakers pick and rights to swap picks with the Sixers this next year if they do something like that, and that's just for Knight who they would rather trade, IMO. I believe that the Suns probably want to see how Ulis does in the summer league first and make sure that he doesn't need surgery on his hip(I don't know anything about how he injured it or what type of injury it is, hip injury sounds pretty bad, but doesn't seem to be if he's going to play summer league).
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Thanks for the heads up! Just downloaded to my phone for my commute to work.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Wasn't anything great. Just stuff everyone knows. I was going to summarize it but I found it to be a bit boring. Woj asks decent questions but they are so lengthy and elaborate even I lose track of what he's asking by the time he's done and McDo appears to at times also.

One thing I found interesting is that McDo used to be a minor league baseball announcer. I have always noticed when he speaks he doesn't sound like he's just putting spin on things quite as much as Babby and Sarver and I guess his announcing experience makes his tone more appealing but I suppose that isn't saying much compared to Babby's nails on the chalkboard tone of voice.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:Another emerges from the shadows. Welcome bajanguy! What happened to the first 7 bajanguys? ;)
Boating "accidents."

Cap

Post by Cap »

PHOENIX- A recent report indicates the Phoenix Suns will play two games next season in Mexico.

The report says the Suns will play the San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks in Mexico City.

The games will reportedly take place in January.
http://www.12news.com/sports/nba/suns/r ... /257619588

What ever happened to cardoso?