Suns News: The Offseason (2016)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Suns News: The Offseason (2016)

Post by Indy »

O_Gardino wrote:2nd round pick or two at best. Archie is a late first round pick who hasn't been able to get consistent time in the lineup, so he isn't really worth much.
Yeah, if we were able to get two 2nd round picks for him, that would be great. When a late 1st in his 4th year in the league can't crack the rotation on a bad team, his value isn't much.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Indy wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:2nd round pick or two at best. Archie is a late first round pick who hasn't been able to get consistent time in the lineup, so he isn't really worth much.
Yeah, if we were able to get two 2nd round picks for him, that would be great. When a late 1st in his 4th year in the league can't crack the rotation on a bad team, his value isn't much.
But hey, he's still in the league, he's shown flashes, and you'll have his RFA rights. That might support two second rounders. We did put the time in with him; he's not worthless.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Sunsfan4life wrote:I think Archie's value may be maximized by packaging him with something not just trading him straight up. Might be a nice sweetener in a deal. His stand alone value can't be that high although he is still really young.
Good point. Knight + Archie to SAC for their 2017 first.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Indy

Post by Indy »

OE32 wrote:
Indy wrote:
But hey, he's still in the league, he's shown flashes, and you'll have his RFA rights. That might support two second rounders. We did put the time in with him; he's not worthless.
Well, he is still in the league because he is on a rookie contract and he is basically free. Even with the glut of injuries we had last year, he didn't get much burn.

EDC

Post by EDC »

http://arizonasports.com/player/?a=323108

Watson talking about how they are teaching the basics to the young guys.

Booker said he wants touches in the post in summer league. Looks like Booker will only play 2 games in summer league.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
ShelC wrote:I think some are letting their personal feelings about Westbrook affect their evaluation of him. He's a monster and I'd take him everyday and put the right pieces around him.
Yup. The world loves Curry, who himself takes terrible shots and over dribbles all the time, but it's ok, because he's Steph. Westbrook is somehow made out to be this terrible teammate who only cares about himself, it's stupid.
When you shoot with the efficiency of Curry, there is no such thing as a terrible shot.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

The Suns certainly have a lot of young pieces right now. They also have lots of depth. It's nice to have Four young players in Booker, TJ, Bender, and Chriss that have star potential. Not all will be but even having one of them develop into a top 10 player would be fantastic.

Cap

Post by Cap »

SF4L has an avatar! I can't tell whether it's Devin Booker holding his own dick or somebody else holding it.

TOO

Post by TOO »

JCSunsfan wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
ShelC wrote:I think some are letting their personal feelings about Westbrook affect their evaluation of him. He's a monster and I'd take him everyday and put the right pieces around him.
Yup. The world loves Curry, who himself takes terrible shots and over dribbles all the time, but it's ok, because he's Steph. Westbrook is somehow made out to be this terrible teammate who only cares about himself, it's stupid.
When you shoot with the efficiency of Curry, there is no such thing as a terrible shot.
When you throw up a 30 footer and it gets nothing but glass, it's a bad shot. I don't care who you are.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Totally false. You could then apply that statement to anybody that hits glass anywhere they shoot, because most players shoot 45% period overall

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

specialsauce wrote:Totally false. You could then apply that statement to anybody that hits glass anywhere they shoot, because most players shoot 45% period overall
I agree the entire "Splash Brothers can hit anything and are unguardable" myth is exactly that -- a myth. And I think that the reasons for this are different that what we've been saying. The Cavs took Curry and Thompson out of the realm of unguardable simply by doing what other teams should have been doing all along -- get physical before they have a chance to get the shot off. Kind of like San Antonio's rules for Nash. I suspect that many teams will take a page out of this playbook, and that the Splash Brothers will be less effective next year.

Not to mention that Green got exposed for his inability to score down low, and that Durant just adds another player who needs to be fed the ball. Too much potential for selfishness and not enough balls to go around may really hurt the Warriors. I wonder if the better signing might have been Gasol.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Cap wrote:SF4L has an avatar! I can't tell whether it's Devin Booker holding his own dick or somebody else holding it.
...dafuq?

*looks at SF4L's avatar*

carey

Post by carey »

EDC wrote:http://arizonasports.com/player/?a=323108

Booker said he wants touches in the post in summer league. Looks like Booker will only play 2 games in summer league.
I recommend listening to this. It's 27 minutes but full of good stuff and not as much of his coach speak that usually permeate his interviews. There is some of that though.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Cap wrote:SF4L has an avatar! I can't tell whether it's Devin Booker holding his own dick or somebody else holding it.

Haha it's his own hand. I had to crop the pic a little to meet site standards and didn't even notice. But now I have to leave it because it's pretty funny...
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
EDC wrote:http://arizonasports.com/player/?a=323108

I recommend listening to this. It's 27 minutes but full of good stuff and not as much of his coach speak that usually permeate his interviews. There is some of that though.
Yep, there's even some x and o talk for the haters.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/751138355149086720

Watson filled the last assistant spot with a developmental coach.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

EDC wrote:
Yea I remember after Lakers last visit when he said he couldn't believe that Kobe told him come by the locker room after the game and that was one of the things he told him, to work on his post game because he is a big guard and guys don't use it enough .... something like that 8-)
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yay, SF4L has a non-broken-link avatar image! About time. :-)

SDC

Post by SDC »

since the team has signed barbosa, i believe the suns should go with this starting lineup

bleds, knight, booker, warren, chandler

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

And that is exactly the problem with having Knight on the roster.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan