NBA News: Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

NBA News: Offseason

Post by Indy »

Wasn't sure where to put this, but Woj is reporting a 3 way between Indiana, ATL, and Utah. Teague going to Indy and George Hill to Jazz.

Indy

Re: NBA News: Offseason

Post by Indy »

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/745681258211123200

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/745680754043150336

TOO

Post by TOO »

Paul George needs all the help he can get.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

So it begins.

Indy

Post by Indy »

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/745683184919126016

TOO

Post by TOO »

Am I the only one who thinks George Hill sucks? He gathered a late lotto pick? Yes, the draft is weak, but really? GEORGE HILL?

Indy

Post by Indy »

I don't think he sucks at all. He seems like a solid rotation player on a mid-tier team.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Always seemed like a back up PG who got more PT than he was worth. Like Patty Mills, except he starts. No way I'd trade a 1st for that guy.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

I don't think he sucks but he isn't the leader the Pacers need. Monte Ellis is the guy they need to trade. Hill at least had a bit of size for a PG. Not sure how a backcourt of Teague and Ellis DOESN'T get thrashed.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Why didn't Utah just take teague?

Indy

Post by Indy »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Always seemed like a back up PG who got more PT than he was worth. Like Patty Mills, except he starts. No way I'd trade a 1st for that guy.
Do you think you are going to get a PG that shoots over 40% from 3 and has better than a 2:1 Assist to TO ratio with the 12th pick in this draft?

Indy

Post by Indy »

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/745696616531828737

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I've been clamoring for weeks that you're going to see alot of action around draft time with the cap situation beng what it is and so many teams willing to del high draft picks.

It's an interesting for Indiana given that Teague is set to be an FA in 2017. Think both teague and hill will be better layers then 12, but ultimately Atlanta wins this trade, It frees mntues up for Dennis Schroeder while giving them a lotto pick, in a watered down draft that is, in return. They prob got the most they could for a guy who is coming off a down yr in the last yr of his deal.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Rose is a trainwreck. What are the Knicks doing?
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Adds fuel to the Dunn to Chicago rumors. Probabaly for Boston's 3...maybe Suns 4?

TOO

Post by TOO »

Indy wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Always seemed like a back up PG who got more PT than he was worth. Like Patty Mills, except he starts. No way I'd trade a 1st for that guy.
Do you think you are going to get a PG that shoots over 40% from 3 and has better than a 2:1 Assist to TO ratio with the 12th pick in this draft?
Is he really a PG if he avg 3 ast per? Its also the 1st time he's ever gone over 40%.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Split T wrote:Why didn't Utah just take teague?
I'm not sure what Hill's contract situation is, but Teague is on the last yr of his deal. He also is coming off the worst season of his career.
Last edited by Sunsfan4life on Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Rose is a trainwreck. What are the Knicks doing?
Being the Knicks. :lol:

TOO

Post by TOO »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
Split T wrote:Why didn't Utah just take teague?
I'm not sure what Hill's contract situation is, but Teague is on the last yr of his deal. He also is coming off the worst season of his career.
Hill wont be the primary ball handler, Hayward and hopefully a healthy Exum will do that, they probably didnt want Teague to mess that up.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I like Hill. Steady veteran PG who isn't a chucker. Reminds me slightly of Shaun Livingston on the Warriors, whom I adore. Teams need guys like that. Spurs made a great deal trading Hill for Kawhi, but I still like Hill's presence.

Would I trade the #12 pick in the draft for Hill? Hmm. If I were the Jazz, they have a lot of young guys, so maybe it's okay. Might have wanted to do the trade at/after draft time to see what was available at that spot.