2016 NBA DRAFT

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Sunsfan4life

2016 NBA DRAFT

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Lets do it
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

In2ition

Re: 2016 NBA DRAFT

Post by In2ition »

WELCOME TO THE MOST OPTIMISTIC AND/OR FRUSTRATING DAY IN A SUNS FANS' YEAR!!!
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

Let the optimism flow! I'll always find a way to convince myself we're doing the right thing, even when we're not.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Ryan has this 8-)

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

The best part of this day is that I get to go to sleep knowing all the madness will be complete before I wake up.
Then I wake to whatever fallout has befallen us.
Hope it's a good night for us, and that you guys stay sane;)
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

carey

Post by carey »

I won't be able to watch it. I'm at the USSSA World Series in Orange Beach with my son's baseball team. He has games at 6:15 pm est and 9:45 pm est. I think I'm going to miss everything. Does anyone know exactly what time we will pick? And does anyone want to PM me relevant updates tonight? I won't have time to scroll the boards.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I think approximately 5:10 pm Phoenix time. This is just a guess though.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:I think approximately 5:10 pm Phoenix time. This is just a guess though.
Doesn't the draft start at 4:00 pm Phoenix time?
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:I think approximately 5:10 pm Phoenix time. This is just a guess though.
I think ESPN's coverage starts at 4 pm, but the draft doesn't start until 4:30. At least that's what I heard this morning.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
I think ESPN's coverage starts at 4 pm, but the draft doesn't start until 4:30. At least that's what I heard this morning.
Wow, they're really milking it!
"Be Legendary."

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

ESPN's coverage will be brutal as usual. Jalen Rose's comparisons last years were so bad other NBA players were on twitter mocking them.
Too bad TNT doesn't have the draft anymore...or NBA TV.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

TOO

Post by TOO »

4:56 pt I believe
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Sunsfan4life wrote:ESPN's coverage will be brutal as usual. Jalen Rose's comparisons last years were so bad other NBA players were on twitter mocking them.
Too bad TNT doesn't have the draft anymore...or NBA TV.
Haha, I'll have to follow that on Twitter. Sounds like great entertainment.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

England Sun wrote:The best part of this day is that I get to go to sleep knowing all the madness will be complete before I wake up.
hahaha so true

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Sixers really active per marc stein. Trying to get Boston's 3. Heard Noel is likely on his way out.

I like Noel alot more then Okafor, but doesn't make sense unless Len is being moved.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Sixers really active per marc stein. Trying to get Boston's 3.
Reportedly they want the pick for Dunn.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

May the Force be with us.

carey

Post by carey »

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

gosuns

Post by gosuns »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
England Sun wrote:The best part of this day is that I get to go to sleep knowing all the madness will be complete before I wake up.
hahaha so true
Sky Italia just added the draft to its schedule, now I'm a little torn to either stay up or go to sleep , record it and watch it tomorrow. I have to work early morning tomorrow... but I'm so exited about this draft, having 3 picks and all the possible trades we could make.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Nice picture.

Day of the draft, and, barring trades, I don't see an option for us at #4 other than Bender (if he's there).

I'm talking about taking an admitted project with the #3 overall pick of the draft. He's unproven. Maybe his body won't develop much more. Or maybe he'll add 40 pounds of solid muscle and still won't be comfortable banging with NBA big men. Or maybe he'll be comfortable with the banging but won't have the knack for staying on the right side of the line between banging and fouling. There are all kinds of limitations he could turn out to have.

But all the options at #4 have serious limitations. The question is, who is most likely to overcome them in time? We know Chriss is a foul machine and a liability on the defensive glass. That just seems to be who he is. Time is more likely to correct Bender's limitations in this regard than Chriss's.