2016 NBA DRAFT

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Big Jake Little Jake

Re: 2016 NBA DRAFT

Post by Big Jake Little Jake »

It certainly is strange that there has been absolutely no talk on either us or the Celtics' interest in drafting Bender. Or any team for that matter. Maybe teams are being quiet on much they like (or dislike) him and hope they drop to them?? Maybe it's the other agents trying to up-sell their guys (mainly Chriss and Dunn)? Or maybe his workouts sucked...

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Big Jake Little Jake wrote:It certainly is strange that there has been absolutely no talk on either us or the Celtics' interest in drafting Bender. Or any team for that matter. Maybe teams are being quiet on much they like (or dislike) him and hope they drop to them?? Maybe it's the other agents trying to up-sell their guys (mainly Chriss and Dunn)? Or maybe his workouts sucked...
Gambo is pretty close friends, or think he's close friends with Ainge, and he says that the Celtics won't draft Bender. IDK
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

EDC

Post by EDC »

I think I'm more excited to see what possible trades we pull off over who we actually draft. It would be amazing if we could be down a guard by the end of the night. As long as we get value in return.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

If we go with Chriss, we're going with the athlete and not the basketball player. No bueno.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:If we go with Chriss, we're going with the athlete and not the basketball player. No bueno.
Exactly. The one thing they tell you to avoid.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

ShelC wrote:If we go with Chriss, we're going with the athlete and not the basketball player. No bueno.
Agreed.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:Image redacted
Bummer! He's got Len's identical left hand issue.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:Agreed.
I've got no choice but to think "in McDonough we trust." He's been a pretty good drafter thus far.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
I've got no choice but to think "in McDonough we trust." He's been a pretty good drafter thus far.
I would disagree. Which pick did he make that was not the consensus at that position, and that has turned out better than the players taking within a few spots after?

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Exactly. He's always drafted around the area that a player was projected to go. That's what has me worried about tonight, I can definitely see him taking Bender or Chriss.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
I would disagree. Which pick did he make that was not the consensus at that position, and that has turned out better than the players taking within a few spots after?
I hate that argument. When picking Booker at 13 he had multiple options. When picking T.J. at 14 and ENNIS at 17 he had multiple options. He could of picked a ton of those guys. It's a bad argment. If we're going to hammer the guy for a bad pick like Ennis, you have to give him love for a good pick like Booker. Jut because a few guys had hi mocked to us doesn't mean it was an "easy" pick.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Indy

Post by Indy »

McDonough's first-round picks for Suns:

2013: Alex Len (No. 5 overall)
Len hasn't been anything special. And maybe it isn't fair, but Adams and Olynyk were drafted at 12 and 13 (and Noel was at 6) and those are just the Centers taken around his spot.

2013: Archie Goodwin (No. 29)
Late pick, no problem here, but hasn't worked out.

2014: T.J. Warren (No. 14)
So far nothing special, but nobody right after him has been either. Still very early.

2014: Tyler Ennis (No. 18)
Wasted pick.

2014: Bogdan Bogdanovic (No. 27)
INCOMPLETE

2015: Devin Booker (No. 13)
Love that he is on our team, but it wasn't a bold move. It is exactly who Draft Express had us taking.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
I hate that argument. When picking Booker at 13 he had multiple options. When picking T.J. at 14 and ENNIS at 17 he had multiple options. He could of picked a ton of those guys. It's a bad argment. If we're going to hammer the guy for a bad pick like Ennis, you have to give him love for a good pick like Booker. Jut because a few guys had hi mocked to us doesn't mean it was an "easy" pick.
Making the pick that everyone expects you to make does not make you an above average drafter. I am not going to complain about his drafting, I am just not going to laud it. He is fine at it.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Explain to me who is "everyone"? About 6-8 teams obviously whiffed on Booker. So they obviously didn't expect him to be as good as he is. If we picked Bender tonight would that be obvious? What about Chriss? I don't get it. Booker wasn't suppose to be a top 5 pick. It's not like if Brandon Ingram fell to 4 tonight. If he picks at 4 tonight and it's a Home run and it's not Ingram or Simmions, guys who obviously slipped, then its a good pick. If it's a bust then it's a bad one.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

If you want to point out McDonaugh is an overrated drafter point to his picks that didn't work out or the logic behind them. Ennis was awful. Both the player and logic behind it. Len was so-so. He hasn't turned into a top 5 talent, but neither have the guys drafted around him. Don't say "Oh I would of picked Booker so it was obvious" It really wasn't.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Don't say "Oh I would of picked Booker so it was obvious" It really wasn't.
Yes it was. Check out the draft thread from last year. We all would have picked Booker.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Cap wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:Don't say "Oh I would of picked Booker so it was obvious" It really wasn't.
Yes it was. Check out the draft thread from last year. We all would have picked Booker.
So everyone is a few fans on Phxsuns.net? We'll just have to disagree then. I don't agree with the logic in that all. A few fans on a message board wanting a guy doesn't qualify it as "obvious" and even if that were true, you still have to choose out of a pool of players who all offer different abilities in college projecting what they will be on a pro level.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

gosuns wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:
England Sun wrote:The best part of this day is that I get to go to sleep knowing all the madness will be complete before I wake up.
Then I wake to whatever fallout has befallen us.
Hope it's a good night for us, and that you guys stay sane;)
hahaha so true
Sky Italia just added the draft to its schedule, now I'm a little torn to either stay up or go to sleep , record it and watch it tomorrow. I have to work early morning tomorrow... but I'm so exited about this draft, having 3 picks and all the possible trades we could make.
Exactly the same here. Probably will have to just read everything the next day as is customary.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Interesting. Thad Young got the Nets #20. While Kieff got us #13.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
Agreed. I've already said it, but we could easily be looking at the likes of Dekker, Ben McLemore, Adreian Payne, etc. Ennis has been the only blunder all things considered. Let's give credit where it is due.