New Suns Fan

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
EDC

Re: New Suns Fan

Post by EDC »

Just from posts on realgm it seems like .net had this reputation of being elitists who didn't like new fans. I guess people got that idea from the closed registration when to me it seemed like it was more about keeping certain people out and being able to not have to worry about trolls spamming the site.

Maybe this is someone testing the waters or maybe not. Either way the more the merrier. :)

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

INFORMER wrote:If it's a troll post, what's the point?
There are many reasons people troll. Just asking an overly stupid question and laughing to yourself at the responses you get. It doesn't need to have a point. Thats why its trolling.

Didn't say for sure this is happening, but it took me by surprise because this type of thing does not usually happen on dot net. :)

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I wasn't asking what's the point of trolling in general. I just don't see how the original post is an effective way to troll. It wasn't incendiary; it wasn't mocking; it wasn't disruptive or critical or shocking. It was a harmless post. I just don't get why someone would get their jollies with something like that. If it was trolling, it was a whether benign attempt.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Agreed. Still, the thought still crossed my mind. Like EDC said, it could have been a test. Poke us with a stick, see what we do.

Mandiraj

Post by Mandiraj »

Aw I'm not trolling :( My bf is so sweet and watches the Bachelor with me! I just want to return the favor by getting more into his basketball team. He's a Phx Suns fanatic. Also, I actually really like sports! I follow football a bit and played soccer most of my life. I just never got into basketball much, which is why I'm such a noob.

Thanks for all the info so far :) I've been following some of the other threads too!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Since when do internet trolls need a point?

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

I'm just saying, most girlfriends I know wouldn't be searching obscure brand new internet forums to ask this question... why us, why here, why now? If it was someone who uses the site or frequents message boards, then maybe, but its not. There are plenty of better options to get the information requested. My first instinct was to wonder, thats all I'm saying.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

It's easy. Tits (pics) or GTFO (I will refrain myself from posting the meme image).

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Okay boys, be nice. We don't want to scare away our scarce few female members...

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Haha, I figured she was your girl, mori!

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

You've got to excuse us, mandiraj, it's in our nature to be suspicious of women. Right, P219?

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

I'm am cynical of *people* in general.

Charlie Smithy!

...and that's why you own a pizza joint! :mrgreen:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Okay, I'll fess up. Mandiraj is my girlfriend. I told her about how I was creating this site and she got excited and made an account and made her post. I thought it was super cute. She's no troll; -I- am -her- troll, if anything!

Today happens to be her birthday. Happy birthday, Nala! I LOVE YOU!!

From, Simba

carey

Post by carey »

That's cute as shit. Stop. :p
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Charlie Smithy!

I've only one thing to add:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF4CWCXirZ8

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The cat's out of the bag.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

You put cats in bags? What a jerk.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Phoenix219 wrote:I'm just saying, most girlfriends I know wouldn't be searching obscure brand new internet forums to ask this question... why us, why here, why now? If it was someone who uses the site or frequents message boards, then maybe, but its not. There are plenty of better options to get the information requested. My first instinct was to wonder, thats all I'm saying.
Well, this answers why the obscure new forum, why us, why here AND why now.... Insert IS. :D

No disrespect meant, Mori. :)

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I too hope my 'pics' comment didn't bother you. By the way, I am getting my girlfriend interested in the Suns too. She likes Markieff's name and Goran. Also thinks Plumlee (calls him Chumlee, like the retard from Pawnstars) is hot. Says nothing beats LeBron tho.