Donald "Piece of Crap" Sterling at it again

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SwingMan

Re: Donald "Piece of Crap" Sterling at it again

Post by SwingMan »

Or is this another one of those "it's not about fairness - it's about (political) correctness" issues? :lol:

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

From what I understand though, this accusation is actually from a British tabloid newspaper that has never been confirmed true. I have read articles where they said black guests were also denied from going to the party as well.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Wally_West wrote:From what I understand though, this accusation is actually from a British tabloid newspaper that has never been confirmed true. I have read articles where they said black guests were also denied from going to the party as well.
All Sterling needed was TMZ to take him down, so the difference would be.....? :lol:

Any cites on that, Wally? I haven't seen anything of the sort.

Regardless, Jay-Z refused entrance to the party based on skin color - or *race*. Whether he *might* have excluded black guests as well still doesn't mean he wasn't racist in his actions or beliefs. In otherwords, no different from Sterling - not one bit.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

SwingMan wrote:
Wally_West wrote:From what I understand though, this accusation is actually from a British tabloid newspaper that has never been confirmed true. I have read articles where they said black guests were also denied from going to the party as well.
All Sterling needed was TMZ to take him down, so the difference would be.....? :lol:

Regardless, Jay-Z refused entrance to the party based on skin color - or *race*. Whether he *might* have excluded black guests as well still doesn't mean he wasn't racist in his actions or beliefs. In otherwords, no different from Sterling - not one bit.
I think the difference is huge. Donald Sterling is on audio recording saying horrible racist things that he has confirmed was him. The Jay-Z thing might not even be true.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

SwingMan wrote:

I think the difference is huge. Donald Sterling is on audio recording saying horrible racist things that he has confirmed was him. The Jay-Z thing might not even be true.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Wally_West wrote:
SwingMan wrote:

Uh, ok - I offered linkage, you didn't. And you're spinning to justify black racism in the face of condemning the same from whites.

WTF is this, healthier living through denial?
Britain's Daily Star Music Reporter Kim Dawson says:

"I've been to countless showbiz bashes but never have I met meatheads like those at the Jay-Z do (party). Jay-Z is a megastar and yet it was clear white people were not welcome in his VIP area. While the red rope was lifted for black guests to breeze through, let's just say it stayed down if your face didn't fit. I have never felt so intimidated. It left me feeling like a mauled dog."
http://perezhilton.com/2010-02-18-jay-z ... 3fO6fldV8F

http://bossip.com/217778/no-white-peopl ... -vip-area/

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/20 ... -held.html

Keep telling us how it's ok for black people to be racist, Wally.....

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

What link was I supposed to supply exactly? And how am I "spinning to justify black racism" exactly? All I am saying is that claim of him not letting white people into his party are made by the same type people in the tabloid news business, where the bottom line is about how many clicks their websites get or how many papers they sell. They are not exactly best example of great journalism, this whole story just kind of sounds like a bunch people just being sour because they couldn't get into a Jay-Z party. Tabloid news is full of bullshit like this. On top of that it wasn't Jay-Z himself denying white people into his party but some asshole bouncers. All I am saying this is very much different from what Donald Sterling did and that I doubt the validity of these claims, all the evidence in this case are from what other people are claiming happened at a Jay-Z party.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Wally_West wrote:What link was I supposed to supply exactly? And how am I "spinning to justify black racism" exactly? All I am saying is that claim of him not letting white people into his party are made by the same type people in the tabloid news business, where the bottom line is about how many clicks their websites get or how many papers they sell. They are not exactly best example of great journalism, this whole story just kind of sounds like a bunch people just being sour because they couldn't get into a Jay-Z party. Tabloid news is full of bullshit like this. On top of that it wasn't Jay-Z himself denying white people into his party but some asshole bouncers. All I am saying this is very much different from what Donald Sterling did and that I doubt the validity of these claims, all the evidence in this case are from what other people are claiming happened at a Jay-Z party.
Everyone glammed onto TMZ's report to bash Sterling - what's different? :lol: One thing that IS different is at least one objective eyewitness in the Jay-Z incident.

You're spinning every which way to claim "oh, Jay-Z's circumstances were different - oh, we don't KNOW it REALLY happened" etc. Facts are, Jay-Z was acting in a racist way just like Sterling was (do you honestly believe the bouncers weren't following instructions?) - only difference is Jay-Z skated because of political correctness, i.e., he's black, while Sterling got roasted because he's white. Bottom line.

Now, for the record, I'm not defending Sterling's actions at all - just pointing out the blatantly obvious double standard.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It's going to take a looooooooong time for black racism against whites to catch up to how African-Americans were treated by Caucasians in this country's history. I don't think whites not being allowed into a party (if true) makes much of a dent. As far as I know, no white hangings took place at this party or any findings of party goers dragging around white folks from their pickup trucks. I think I can find it in my heart for African-Americans to be a little more sensitive to the race issue.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Superbone wrote:It's going to take a looooooooong time for black racism against whites to catch up to how African-Americans were treated by Caucasians in this country's history. I don't think whites not being allowed into a party (if true) makes much of a dent. As far as I know, no white hangings took place at this party or any findings of party goers dragging around white folks from their pickup trucks. I think I can find it in my heart for African-Americans to be a little more sensitive to the race issue.
So, in otherwords, two wrongs make a right if you're black?

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Hmmm.....

Carey? Care to retract, redact and otherwise take back your "Black people didn't enslave white people for over 350 years. It was the other way around." statement? :

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

SwingMan wrote:
Wally_West wrote:What link was I supposed to supply exactly? And how am I "spinning to justify black racism" exactly? All I am saying is that claim of him not letting white people into his party are made by the same type people in the tabloid news business, where the bottom line is about how many clicks their websites get or how many papers they sell. They are not exactly best example of great journalism, this whole story just kind of sounds like a bunch people just being sour because they couldn't get into a Jay-Z party. Tabloid news is full of bullshit like this. On top of that it wasn't Jay-Z himself denying white people into his party but some asshole bouncers. All I am saying this is very much different from what Donald Sterling did and that I doubt the validity of these claims, all the evidence in this case are from what other people are claiming happened at a Jay-Z party.
Everyone glammed onto TMZ's report to bash Sterling - what's different? :lol: One thing that IS different is at least one objective eyewitness in the Jay-Z incident.

You're spinning every which way to claim "oh, Jay-Z's circumstances were different - oh, we don't KNOW it REALLY happened" etc. Facts are, Jay-Z was acting in a racist way just like Sterling was (do you honestly believe the bouncers weren't following instructions?) - only difference is Jay-Z skated because of political correctness, i.e., he's black, while Sterling got roasted because he's white. Bottom line.

Now, for the record, I'm not defending Sterling's actions at all - just pointing out the blatantly obvious double standard.
I think we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Donald Sterling was on tape saying horrible things and Donald Sterling himself confirmed that the audio was him saying those things. I think that is a lot different from someone claiming Jay-Z didn't allow white people in his party. Even if the jay-Z story is true what are we supposed to do? The story is four years old, happened under a different commissioner and what Sterling did is still more horrible than what allegedly happened at this Jay-Z party four years ago.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

How is what Sterling did more horrible? Gave his private opinion of his lover's actions in the privacy of his own home? Or publically and blatantly segregated themselves from an entire race, enforced by security? These aren't even in the same ball park. If a white performer did half of what Jay Z did (even in the realm of pure speculation) that peformer would be absolutely demonized for it.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Wally_West wrote:
SwingMan wrote:

I think we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Donald Sterling was on tape saying horrible things and Donald Sterling himself confirmed that the audio was him saying those things. I think that is a lot different from someone claiming Jay-Z didn't allow white people in his party. Even if the jay-Z story is true what are we supposed to do? The story is four years old, happened under a different commissioner and what Sterling did is still more horrible than what allegedly happened at this Jay-Z party four years ago.
More horrible how? It's the same damn thing: racism. Only point of differ here is that you (and plenty others) are being Jay-Z apologists because he's black.

And, if there's a statute of limitations on persecuting racism, then why has the black community at large (and even folks right here on this board) perpetually gone back hundreds of years to justify their participation in the fucking grievance industry headed by assholes like Sharpton and the NAACP? I mean, slavery happened under another administration and absolutely nobody present in 1866 is alive today, so what reason does the black community (along with modern liberals/progressives) have to be so up-in-arms about it to this day?

Jesus, you sound like that toadie who, when flustered at Benghazi questions asked him, callously blurted out "Dude, that was, like, 2 years ago!" a couple weeks back. :roll:

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

This is not some old world feudal society; We are NOT responsible for the Sins of our Fathers. PERIOD. Consistancy is needed; Either everyone should be called out for the same things, or everyone should be afforded the same freedoms.... especially freedom of thought, privacy of opinion. Sterling never took a public forum to announce his underlying racism, and in fact had done enough to be getting an award for it. His views are his views, but in that particular situation, he was commenting on his personal life, and the personal life of his lover, and the free tickets that he was handing out... meanwhile there are public racist statements from almost all "agenda" politicians; from Charles Barkley, and Michael Jordan; The Jay Z situation (which is a lot more blatant self segregation / racism then any of the other examples), and the list could continue almost indefinitely. The double standards applied in entertainment, politics, and trickled down into the whole of society, are not being questioned, and are being applied universally, while everyone makes excuses and pretends its not happening. You can't have equality without personal responsibility from ALL sides.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Phoenix219 wrote:This is not some old world feudal society; We are NOT responsible for the Sins of our Fathers. PERIOD. Consistancy is needed; Either everyone should be called out for the same things, or everyone should be afforded the same freedoms.... especially freedom of thought, privacy of opinion. Sterling never took a public forum to announce his underlying racism, and in fact had done enough to be getting an award for it. His views are his views, but in that particular situation, he was commenting on his personal life, and the personal life of his lover, and the free tickets that he was handing out... meanwhile there are public racist statements from almost all "agenda" politicians; from Charles Barkley, and Michael Jordan; The Jay Z situation (which is a lot more blatant self segregation / racism then any of the other examples), and the list could continue almost indefinitely. The double standards applied in entertainment, politics, and trickled down into the whole of society, are not being questioned, and are being applied universally, while everyone makes excuses and pretends its not happening. You can't have equality without personal responsibility from ALL sides.
THANK YOU!

Want "equality"? Then take equal responsibility and demand equal accountability - the insane hypocrisy needs to stop.

Absolutely incredible that there's still those who wonder why we can't have a civil, honest discussion about race and racism these days.....

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Phoenix219 wrote:How is what Sterling did more horrible? Gave his private opinion of his lover's actions in the privacy of his own home? Or publically and blatantly segregated themselves from an entire race, enforced by security? These aren't even in the same ball park. If a white performer did half of what Jay Z did (even in the realm of pure speculation) that peformer would be absolutely demonized for it.
Is there document proof that Jay-Z himself told his security to not let white people in? Or audio that he did? Anything of anything other than some tabloid reporter saying that is what happened? No. The hotel itself, where the party happened, has said they have not heard of any issues relating to the party. I am saying there is not enough proof for me to say that Jay-Z without a shadow of a doubt did not let white people in his party on his orders. The circumstances of how Donald sterling tape was obtain is horrible but it is out there now and he has before and since the tape came out said incredibly racist things. So yes, what Sterling did was worse than what Jay-Z supposedly did because the evidence against Sterling is more damning than Jay-Z., in this case.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

SwingMan wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
SwingMan wrote:

More horrible how? It's the same damn thing: racism. Only point of differ here is that you (and plenty others) are being Jay-Z apologists because he's black.

And, if there's a statute of limitations on persecuting racism, then why has the black community at large (and even folks right here on this board) perpetually gone back hundreds of years to justify their participation in the fucking grievance industry headed by assholes like Sharpton and the NAACP? I mean, slavery happened under another administration and absolutely nobody present in 1866 is alive today, so what reason does the black community (along with modern liberals/progressives) have to be so up-in-arms about it to this day?

Jesus, you sound like that toadie who, when flustered at Benghazi questions asked him, callously blurted out "Dude, that was, like, 2 years ago!" a couple weeks back. :roll:
Yes more horrible, in my opinion. I don't believe that all acts of racism are equally as horrible in all cases. It is my impression that Jay-Z has since sold his stake in the Nets, so my 4 years ago comment was in reference to the fact that he is not an owner anymore and there is nothing, to my knowledge, that could be done. Sorry for not being more clear on that, my bad.
And for the record I am not a fan of Jay-Z. I find his music unoriginal and him personally to be a smug piece of shit. So I am defending him, only because I don't see sufficient evidence to declare him a racist in the same way as Sterling, in this particular case.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Wally_West wrote:
Phoenix219 wrote:How is what Sterling did more horrible? Gave his private opinion of his lover's actions in the privacy of his own home? Or publically and blatantly segregated themselves from an entire race, enforced by security? These aren't even in the same ball park. If a white performer did half of what Jay Z did (even in the realm of pure speculation) that peformer would be absolutely demonized for it.
Is there document proof that Jay-Z himself told his security to not let white people in? Or audio that he did? Anything of anything other than some tabloid reporter saying that is what happened? No. The hotel itself, where the party happened, has said they have not heard of any issues relating to the party. I am saying there is not enough proof for me to say that Jay-Z without a shadow of a doubt did not let white people in his party on his orders. The circumstances of how Donald sterling tape was obtain is horrible but it is out there now and he has before and since the tape came out said incredibly racist things. So yes, what Sterling did was worse than what Jay-Z supposedly did because the evidence against Sterling is more damning than Jay-Z., in this case.
See, there you go - trying to disqualify the source as opposed to holding Jay-Z to task for what he's done. Again, it was TMZ who broke the Sterling fiasco (which was broke by illegal means in addition to extortion by-way of entrapment) - yet, that didn't stop you or millions of race baiters (and a shitload of liberal news outlets) from piling on. In short, if TMZ is proof enough, then the Daily Mail (UK) with an eyewitness account is as well.

Stop the PC bullshit, Wally.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Wally_West wrote:
SwingMan wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
SwingMan wrote:

Yes more horrible, in my opinion. I don't believe that all acts of racism are equally as horrible in all cases. It is my impression that Jay-Z has since sold his stake in the Nets, so my 4 years ago comment was in reference to the fact that he is not an owner anymore and there is nothing, to my knowledge, that could be done. Sorry for not being more clear on that, my bad.
And for the record I am not a fan of Jay-Z. I find his music unoriginal and him personally to be a smug piece of shit. So I am defending him, only because I don't see sufficient evidence to declare him a racist in the same way as Sterling, in this particular case.
That's the point - why jump on Sterling when they let Jay-Z skate? At the time of his "blacks only" VIP party, he owned the Nets. Racism by an NBA owner in both cases, yet only one gets roasted - why?