Donald "Piece of Crap" Sterling at it again

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SwingMan

Re: Donald "Piece of Crap" Sterling at it again

Post by SwingMan »

Mori Chu wrote:I said it isn't possible to "compartmentalize" racism. That is, if you demonstrate clearly racist behavior in one area, it's pretty hard to argue that you are unracist in the rest of your life. That doesn't have anything to do with the Jay-Z thing you brought up. I already said my peace about the Jay-Z thing; he held a private party for his friends, who are black. So what? There's no law saying that somebody has to invite a diverse group of mixed races to come to a private party. Some white guys who were not invited to the private party tried to crash it and were turned away. Of course they were; they were not invited. What is the issue here? It's just a desperate search to try to find an example of a black guy being racist, and it's ridiculous.
Again, he was the owner of an NBA team at the time - if Sterling's racist acts outside of the NBA are fair game, so are Jay-Z's (who held a "private" party in a public club). Sterling's comments were private (and Sterling copped to them from jump street, unlike Jay-Z) - only way they surfaced is through illegal means because of the $2 piece of snatch. And no, I won't quit referring to Stiviano like that, as she's every bit the scum that Sterling is and rates the moniker.

There's also no law in the NBA's code of conduct that you can't make racist statements in private, yet that isn't stopping Silver from going after Sterling - where's the same for Jay-Z? That's where your own hypocrisy shows - not even you are willing to go after Jay-Z for doing the same things you're going after Sterling for. Stop with the political correctness, Mori - racism comes in more than one color.
Mori Chu wrote:That's fine; perhaps they should not have supported the team or signed to play there. But this latest spat in 2014 really brings it out to the forefront so that everybody can see clearly what Sterling is, even if they didn't follow the past indiscretions. I already said the following in my last message; I'll quote myself. My quote stands. Do you have a response to the following quote, or do you choose to ignore it?
I get the argument of, "He's been a scumbag for years; why not get rid of him before now? Everybody looked the other way." I agree. People should have raised more fuss before now. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't oust him now, now that it's even MORE clear (if that's possible) that this guy is a scumbag. Just because we should have gotten rid of him sooner doesn't mean we shouldn't get rid of him now.
I believe I responded with the last line in my last post that YOU seem to have ignored. :lol: Said quote :
Look - I'm all for Sterling to be gone, but not by underhanded means that sets a dangerous precedent.
Next topic:
Mori Chu wrote:
Then, I'll pose the same question to you that I posed to 'Bone above: So - you're entirely ok with all of the NSA stuff that's been going down, I take it? I bet there's plenty of dirt one could get on you when recorded (and coerced) unknowingly and illegally that could be used against you in one way or another. Hell, all of us, likely.
No, of course I don't support the NSA. I think I made it clear several times in my last message that I don't support what V. Stiviano did. I also said that the case against Sterling isn't really about that recording, other than the fact that the recording served as a catalyst for other events. It's a small part of a large picture. I never condone the act of violating the privacy of others, and the NSA can rot in hell. No, that does not make me a hypocrite. I just said that I don't support what V. Stiviano did, and my feeling that Sterling needs to go is NOT based on that recording; it's based on Sterling's actions before, during, and after that recording that show a clear pattern of behavior that harms the Clippers and the NBA.

This point seems to be getting lost repeatedly, so I am going to paste it two more times. I really want everyone to read it.

I don't support what V. Stiviano did, and my feeling that Sterling needs to go is NOT based on that recording; it's based on Sterling's actions before, during, and after that recording that show a clear pattern of behavior that harms the Clippers and the NBA.

I don't support what V. Stiviano did, and my feeling that Sterling needs to go is NOT based on that recording; it's based on Sterling's actions before, during, and after that recording that show a clear pattern of behavior that harms the Clippers and the NBA.

Seriously, watch the guy's Anderson Cooper interview. He's a walking disaster. He greatly harms the NBA every day he's still associated with the league. And his agreement as an owner is that he can get voted out if he harms the league. So he needs to go.
I agree with all of that - but, again, not by underhanded means (admitting illegal recordings) that sets a dangerous precedent. And again - I hope he wins his suit because of the hypocrisy, not because I support Sterling. There's no way he should have to pay an arbitrary fine of that or any magnitude ($2.5 million) for making private statements.

I say if the NBA is instigating proceedure to remove him, fine - let the NBA compensate him for his team, which, according to various reports I've seen, is valued between $550 million and $750 million.

Less the $2.5 million "fine", of course. ;)
Mori Chu wrote:Sorry, I didn't mean to be confusing about it. Argumentum ad hominem means "argument to the person," in other words, discrediting someone's argument by attacking them on a personal level. I was saying that your "$2 piece of snatch" comment was an unnecessary personal attack on V. Stiviano. She's slimy for recording him, but slut-shaming her and calling her a prostitute is not necessary. Who knows what she did/didn't do for Sterling; it doesn't really matter.
See my response to this in my first paragraph above.....

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Stephen A. Smith - real talk :

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Here is the actual PDF of Sterling's response to the league's charges. It's pretty funny to read; it sounds like Sterling himself wrote it or at least heavily dictated its content.

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/!sterling/ ... Charge.pdf

He lists a bunch of other various misbehavior by NBA players, coaches, etc. that was not punished as severely. He mentions Kobe calling somebody a gay slur, Shaq saying "ching chong" to Yao Ming, and more. ROFL. He's firing from all barrels.

I wonder if Sterling has any dirt on the NBA / Stern / Silver / etc. that will come out if he gets truly desperate.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Mori Chu wrote:Here is the actual PDF of Sterling's response to the league's charges. It's pretty funny to read; it sounds like Sterling himself wrote it or at least heavily dictated its content.

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/!sterling/ ... Charge.pdf

He lists a bunch of other various misbehavior by NBA players, coaches, etc. that was not punished as severely. He mentions Kobe calling somebody a gay slur, Shaq saying "ching chong" to Yao Ming, and more. ROFL. He's firing from all barrels.

I wonder if Sterling has any dirt on the NBA / Stern / Silver / etc. that will come out if he gets truly desperate.
And why not? Silver came at him with both barrels featuring bringing KJ in as some sort of "representative". I don't know the gay slur from Bryant, but I seem to vaguely remember Shaq's "ching chong" remark being reported on several years back while he was just about on his way out from the Lakers (? - I'm going on memory).

Like I stated to the effect last week or so, I'd bet there's plenty of dirt to be had by illegally recording private conversations.

Hell hath no fury like a $2 piece of snatch scorned.....

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Well, she should quit being a slut, then.

Not my fault that she's scum.....

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Former Microsoft executive Steve Ballmer reportedly has the winning bid of $2 billion to buy the Clippers.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor ... ng-sources

Next step, move them to Seattle! :P
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

$2 billion?! Are you kidding me?!

Maybe this whole thing was planned by Sterling and Stiviano from the start. Real rough consequences for him and his family.
"Be Legendary."

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

I wouldn't mind seeing the Clippers move up to Seattle. I always thought it was weird that L.A. had two teams....

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

wpmiller42 wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing the Clippers move up to Seattle. I always thought it was weird that L.A. had two teams....
The problem is that they lose their $2 billion value if moved to Seattle.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think Ballmer has gone out of his way to say he wouldn't move the team to Seattle, and that the sale is contingent on keeping them in LA for the foreseeable future.

Captain Marv-el

Post by Captain Marv-el »

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/dona ... on-n118836
>A source close to Sterling says that he will file a lawsuit this afternoon seeking damages in excess of $1 billion.
The greatest shitstorm in the history of american sports is about to happen
I call this a set up and the NBA under David Stern wanted to let this ****** run a Team, A ORGANIZATION? ~HAϟ :evil: ~

I hope Adam sweeps the League and shows he got a strong heart and Loyalty to the fan base▼
HOW MUCH MONEY DOES HE NEED? HIS FEELING HURT MORE THEN YOURS OR MINE?
Wantin time in the Judical Courts of America for this Shit? He want some Citizens to take time away from they Kids and they Love so we can think or talk about his ugly *uckin MUG! So we, the fan base, the cable viewing, the no upn 45 PHX suns, the No Purple Palace, the Tom Leander Folks (like hes nicer then Al McCoy). the Folks able and unable to watch game how they Want to and he wants MY MONEY?

Naw

****er better not get a ¢

ΔShould be the Internation Court of Justice using this man to teach folk or kin men like him a lesson☮
$HAϟAM

Hiphop Family Treeϟ Roots

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Here's your new Clippers' owner...

"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Superbone wrote:[ Image ]
LMAO!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Superbone wrote:Here's your new Clippers' owner...

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

A portion of the deposition from the he last time Sterling went to trial. this killed me:

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Shabazz wrote:A portion of the deposition from the he last time Sterling went to trial. this killed me:

[ Image ]
LOL Donald Sterling is the gift that keeps giving!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Love that image. "Sir, um, we were asking about your handwriting?" LOL.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

"Sir, this is not the letters from our reader's section on Hustler"