Game Day: Suns (14-29) @ Raptors (28-15), Sun 1/22/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Nodack

Re: Game Day: Suns (14-29) @ Raptors (28-15), Sun 1/22/17

Post by Nodack »

I don't obsess with being the GM for the team. I obsess with being a fan of the team.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Its like being a basketball fan and a music fan. I don't watch my favorite music group play and spend all my time criticizing them. I usually just try to enjoy the music that they created without telling them which notes they should have played and get mad because they didn't replace the drummer with a different drummer I approve of. Its their group, not mine. I choose to like them or not but, obsessing over their inner workings is not for me.
Last edited by Nodack on Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:Obviously the Suns are coming together as a team. Bledsoe with an awesome game.

1) He's one game from a season ending knee injury? The entire NBA cast is potentially one game away from a season ending injury on any given night. That's just pessimism.

2) Everybody hates Tucker but, we don't win the last two games without his defense that some here seem to think sucks.

3) What is the deal with Warren? Did we ever find out what the mysterious head injury was? Obviously whatever that head injury was did a number to on him. He looks good physically. Maybe he just needs a lottle more time to get his mojo back.

4) We will never be satisfied with the direction of the team here. We are all armchair GM's that obviously know a lot more about basketball than the real GM's do. We spend every season complaning about trades and the lack of trades. About who's getting playing time and who isn't. It's what we do. "If the don't trade so and so I am done with this team forever." " We should be playing the rookies 40 minutes a night and make everybody else sit the game out." "We should play the best players and try to make the playoffs because it would be good for the team." "We should lose as many games as possible to ensure the best pick possible. We aren't going anywhere in the playoffs anyway." "Let's trade away all our best veterans so we won't be tempted to play them taking away time from the rookies."

My motto in life is don't obsess over things you have no control over. This is entertainment. How could you not be entertained by the last two games? How can you not be proud of their progress? There may or may not be a trade mid season. I won't lose any sleep either way.
1) It isn't that he is one injury away. It is that he has a history of the same injury recurring, and it happens about every other year. Past performance is usually a good indicator of future results, but I for one hope like hell he stays healthy and plays like a real PG like he has the last couple of games.

2) I don't think his defense sucks. I think when he is put on the court for +30 minutes a night, he isn't very effective, even though his activity is high. When he is on, and motivated, and has energy, he plays really great defense.

3) I have yet to see a report of what actually happened. I wish him the best. If it is what I think it was, it is very scary. Hopefully he is healthy, and hopefully his game comes back to him.

4) To be fair, nobody has ever said this: " We should be playing the rookies 40 minutes a night and make everybody else sit the game out." The rest is pretty spot on, though. :)

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:I don't obsess with being the GM for the team. I obsess with being a fan of the team.
So your real complaint is about how some people obsess differently than you do?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

4) Perhaps I embellished that slightly. I call it alt facts.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Indy wrote:
Nodack wrote:I don't obsess with being the GM for the team. I obsess with being a fan of the team.
Yes. It's a losing battle as a fan trying to get a GM to do what you want them to do. They generally couldn't care any less what some guy on the internet thinks.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

On a sort of unrelated touchy subject. I'm sure everybody else on the planet knew about this except me but, I was reading recently about NBA players sleeping with teammates wifes and read where Nash got a divorce from his wife after his baby was born. Appearently the child was half black and that didn't sit too well with Nash. Rumor had it that it was either Jason Richardson or Barbosa. Scandalous!

Is this true or is it alt facts?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:On a sort of unrelated touchy subject. I'm sure everybody else on the planet knew about this except me but, I was reading recently about NBA players sleeping with teammates wifes and read where Nash got a divorce from his wife after his baby was born. Appearently the child was half black and that didn't sit too well with Nash. Rumor had it that it was either Jason Richardson or Barbosa. Scandalous!

I thought that was debunked quite a while ago, but I am not sure.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Indy wrote:
Yes. It's a losing battle as a fan trying to get a GM to do what you want them to do. They generally couldn't care any less what some guy on the internet thinks.
Can't the same be said of the players?

carey

Post by carey »

Nodack wrote:On a sort of unrelated touchy subject. I'm sure everybody else on the planet knew about this except me but, I was reading recently about NBA players sleeping with teammates wifes and read where Nash got a divorce from his wife after his baby was born. Appearently the child was half black and that didn't sit too well with Nash. Rumor had it that it was either Jason Richardson or Barbosa. Scandalous!

That's an old rumor that I do not believe is true.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Ok, thanks. I just read it and knew you guys would know if anybody.

Why do people make up crap like that if they know it isn't true?

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Nodack wrote:Ok, thanks. I just read it and knew you guys would know if anybody.

Why do people make up crap like that if they know it isn't true?
*clicks*

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack, thanks for posting. I'm with you brother!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

OE32

Post by OE32 »

I'm with Dack as well. I'm surprised that the gloom has persisted with such force after several solid performances by this team. You can see the growth in our players game by game.

I'm not inclined to tank this season - I think our long-term interests are better served by winning games with the guys we have under contract already. I have faith in McD to nab a good player at #15. Hell, for the first time that I can remember, I'd open to trading our pick come draft day. We're stocked with young talent under development and have MIA's picks still to come. I'm not going to pull my hair out if we miss out on an opportunity to land another pick in the mid-lotto. I don't even indulge the fantasy of actually winning the lotto anyways.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

OE32 wrote:I'm with Dack as well. I'm surprised that the gloom has persisted with such force after several solid performances by this team. You can see the growth in our players game by game.

I'm not inclined to tank this season - I think our long-term interests are better served by winning games with the guys we have under contract already. I have faith in McD to nab a good player at #15. Hell, for the first time that I can remember, I'd open to trading our pick come draft day. We're stocked with young talent under development and have MIA's picks still to come. I'm not going to pull my hair out if we miss out on an opportunity to land another pick in the mid-lotto. I don't even indulge the fantasy of actually winning the lotto anyways.
I'm with dack, Bone and OE32. #united
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nobody really wants to tank, but if we overplayed the younglings, dumped 1-2 vets, and ended up with say the #4 pick in the draft, that might be a lot better for our future than playing vets heavy minutes, trying hard to win, and getting the #11 pick in the draft.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

UglyTruth wrote:Lowry almost became my favorite player ever if Knight actually suffered an injury but nope, Knight's all right :(
It's in our best interest for Knight to play well. If he can turn it around and play team ball, give defensive effort and improve his shot selection (as well as only playing the 2 guard) we have a much more tradable asset or even a great player off the bench.

I had just given up hope it could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Can't believe how well the team has played the last few games. All the sudden it looks like we have a strategy each night. I may even go as far as saying "game plan."

Bledsoe has been playing well. But it's always been about consistency for him. Seems like he really wants to make that All-Star team this year. Hope his past struggles are behind him.

This team has been playing at a high energy level the past few games. I'm curious to see how long they keep it up. Been awhile since we've seen such energy from a Suns team.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Bledsoe has been playing well. But it's always been about consistency for him. Seems like he really wants to make that All-Star team this year. Hope his past struggles are behind him.
There is absolutely no way he'd make the All-Star team this year.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JCSunsfan wrote:
UglyTruth wrote:Lowry almost became my favorite player ever if Knight actually suffered an injury but nope, Knight's all right :(
It's in our best interest for Knight to play well. If he can turn it around and play team ball, give defensive effort and improve his shot selection (as well as only playing the 2 guard) we have a much more tradable asset or even a great player off the bench.

I had just given up hope it could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with this. Whether the Suns trade Knight or keep him, it's in their best interest for him to turn around his play and build himself up as an asset again. I'm encouraged by how he played this last game. Personally, I hope he plays well enough that he builds enough value to trade him for a tangible asset that the Suns can use.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass