All-Star Weekend Nonsense.

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

All-Star Weekend Nonsense.

Post by carey »

Rising Stars Challenge at 9EST.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Re: All-Star Weekend Nonsense.

Post by carey »

Line-ups are done. It's about to start if you have any interest in seeing Book and Chriss.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Cap

Post by Cap »

150-141. In a 40-minute game.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Did anyone watch? I have it recorded, just wondering if it's worth watching

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Wake me when All Star weekend has finished.

SDC

Post by SDC »

lot's of empty seats in the rising stars challenge.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Split T wrote:Did anyone watch? I have it recorded, just wondering if it's worth watching
People played kinda hard the last 2 minutes? It was mostly a lot of lobs and uncontested layups, no defense. I guess it was fun to see some of the rookies I hadn't seen play yet, but I really wish these games were more competitive.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:Did anyone watch? I have it recorded, just wondering if it's worth watching
If you like competitive basketball, no. If you like watching people try to get theirs vs no defense and still fail, sure.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't watch All-Star Friday night. Glad Chriss and Booker were in it, but it is just disorganized pickup basketball basically. I will def watch Sat and Sun, though. I love the 3-point contest, the Dunk contest, and the actual All-Star game.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

What is this year's "involve the WNBA in some way" event? Shooting Stars?

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:What is this year's "involve the WNBA in some way" event? Shooting Stars?
There were some WNBA players in the celebrity game I think.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I don't watch All-Star Friday night. Glad Chriss and Booker were in it, but it is just disorganized pickup basketball basically. I will def watch Sat and Sun, though. I love the 3-point contest, the Dunk contest, and the actual All-Star game.
Nah. We play a LOT more defense in pickup basketball. This was matador defense.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Don't forget to look out for Booker in the NBA talent competition starting at 2 pm PDT on TNT. :D

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

What's his talent?

BTW, now that All-Star weekend is here, it's time to evaluate ShelC's and Superbone's predictions from my sig. How'd they do?

Cap

Post by Cap »

OK, that is impressive, Devin.

Except the serve.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Cap wrote:What's his talent?

BTW, now that All-Star weekend is here, it's time to evaluate ShelC's and Superbone's predictions from my sig. How'd they do?

Watson won't do anything for us. Players will be sick of him by all-star. Mark it down. — ShelC

My prediction is that Watson will change your perception of him in a favorable manner by the all-star break. Mark it down! — Superbone
It appears they were both wrong. No indication that players are sick of Watson and posters opinions of Watson seem to be relatively unchanged.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Cap wrote:What's his talent?

Watson won't do anything for us. Players will be sick of him by all-star. Mark it down. — ShelC

My prediction is that Watson will change your perception of him in a favorable manner by the all-star break. Mark it down! — Superbone
It appears they were both wrong. No indication that players are sick of Watson and posters opinions of Watson seem to be relatively unchanged.
I'll agree with that. Wrong thinking by me that people's perceptions would ever change. Kind of like when your woman thinks she can change you. I think it would take a deep playoff run to change anybody's perceptions around here.

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:I think it would take a deep playoff run to change anybody's perceptions around here.
You said it. We have the 29th-best record in the league, and that's not good enough to convince the skeptics? They are so demanding!

Seriously, what has Watson done to convince anyone who wasn't already convinced? Are we winning more than expected? Are the young players developing faster than expected? Or are we underachieving on both fronts?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:Seriously, what has Watson done to convince anyone who wasn't already convinced? Are we winning more than expected? Are the young players developing faster than expected? Or are we underachieving on both fronts?
It's going to take more time. To think it was going to happen overnight is just silly. Trust the process.

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:Seriously, what has Watson done to convince anyone who wasn't already convinced? Are we winning more than expected? Are the young players developing faster than expected? Or are we underachieving on both fronts?
It's going to take more time. To think it was going to happen overnight is just silly. Trust the process.
Sure, if you started out trusting the process. If you didn't trust Watson in October, I don't see anything that has happened so far this season that's likely to change your mind.

"The partnership of the NBA and Jack Daniels"? That just seems wrong.