Devin Booker scores 70 points in a regulation game making NBA history

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
pickle

Re: Devin Booker scores 70 points in a regulation game making NBA history

Post by pickle »

Superbone wrote:
pickle wrote:The Boston broadcasters are pretty s*** generally. I remember one sequence where IT drove the lane, stopped and bumped Ulis off his back, and the Boston guys says he got bumped in the back, despite him being clearly the one who initiated the contact and who got an advantage from the contact (separation from Ulis). I know I'm nitpicking, but Boston may be my second least favorite broadcast team after Houston in all the random games I get to see. But even they had good things to say about Booker.
Don't forget about the Portland broadcasters. Blech!
I mostly remember the Portland broadcast in general not showing highlight plays from the other team at all. The broadcasters I didn't find terribly egregious. But I also probably wasn't paying enough attention. Since they've been playing like shit this year I really haven't seen so many of their games... Last one I saw was that 28/20/8/4/6 game by Nurkic.

Indy

Post by Indy »

pickle wrote:
The Bobster wrote:Oh, I think the overwhelming majority of all sports broadcasters are homer. Al's certainly been a great announcer, but he's pulling for the Suns, it's pretty clear.

I was spoiled growing up listening to Vin Scully, who is the gold standard of course. And I am certainly happy that I got to listen to McCoy here for the last 40+ years, I wouldn't describe him as even close to impartial.

The worst of the homers are the guys like Johnny Most, Harry Caray, Ken Harrelson, Sean Elliott, Tommy Heinsohn, etc.
The worst for me is Clyde Drexler. I lost all respect for him as a basketball mind after listening to him broadcast games.

I think in your definition of the word homer, naturally all home game announcers are homers, by definition. What I cannot stand, and I suspect the same goes for Indy as well, are those announcers who are blind to the facts and insist that their players never foul and everything the other team does is an infraction.
That is how I describe a homer. These are not impartial, nationally broadcast games. They are Suns games and he is a paid employee. But I don't see him covering up for Suns mistakes, or not giving the other team credit where it is due.

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Indy wrote:
specialsauce wrote:Anybody else have issues on this site replying on their computer? My cursor continuously freezes and I have to click back in the box every 4 letters or so to begin typing again. Only happens on my Macbook. And I don't have this problem with any other sites on this computer.
Just you, you loser.
Oh great you piece of..<cursor freezes>
Serves you right. :lol: