Around the League: Week 23 3/27 - 4/2

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Around the League: Week 23 3/27 - 4/2

Post by Indy »

EDC wrote:I dunno about that. You could easily scale the penalty to make it really costly to the other team. You could even remove free throws from the penalty. Non shooting foul over say 5 would give the other team 1 point and the ball. Non shooting foul over 6 is 2 points for the other team and the ball.

You could definitely curb the fouling by increasing the penalty.

The whole point of a system like this is to reduce the impact of bad calls on the out come of the game. The refs aren't perfect. I also feel that it would free them up to not have to worry about who has fouled who and just call the game as they see it.
I wouldn't think giving points would work, but treating it like a flagrant where you get a FT (or two) by any player on the court, and the ball would keep it to a minimum.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Indy wrote:
EDC wrote:I dunno about that. You could easily scale the penalty to make it really costly to the other team. You could even remove free throws from the penalty. Non shooting foul over say 5 would give the other team 1 point and the ball. Non shooting foul over 6 is 2 points for the other team and the ball.

You could definitely curb the fouling by increasing the penalty.

The whole point of a system like this is to reduce the impact of bad calls on the out come of the game. The refs aren't perfect. I also feel that it would free them up to not have to worry about who has fouled who and just call the game as they see it.
I wouldn't think giving points would work, but treating it like a flagrant where you get a FT (or two) by any player on the court, and the ball would keep it to a minimum.
That is an interesting idea.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

It's not even summer yet, and we've got one thread with the suggestion that all fouls should always be the worst possible play, and another thread suggesting that players should never foul out.

Be honest with me: how sober are you guys right now?
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

O_Gardino wrote:It's not even summer yet, and we've got one thread with the suggestion that all fouls should always be the worst possible play, and another thread suggesting that players should never foul out.

The ideas are perfectly compatible :D and honestly, I don't take the discussions here as a matter of life and death, or I'd consult with a lawyer before posting.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Hermen wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:It's not even summer yet, and we've got one thread with the suggestion that all fouls should always be the worst possible play, and another thread suggesting that players should never foul out.

The ideas are perfectly compatible :D and honestly, I don't take the discussions here as a matter of life and death, or I'd consult with a lawyer before posting.
:D
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Indy

Post by Indy »

Hermen wrote:

A) Word
B) Double-word