Around the League: Week 23 3/27 - 4/2

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
O_Gardino

Re: Around the League: Week 23 3/27 - 4/2

Post by O_Gardino »

As far as Booker's improvement is concerned, he is going to be fine. He's still younger than most players int he draft this year, and has been growing like crazy since we got him. There's no reason to think he won't improve his passing and scoring, which are both already very very good. He obviously cares about D; he just makes a lot of mistakes. I expect him to be a good enough defender as he continues to mature. Maybe in year 3 or 4 he buckles down and makes defense his priority and gets to being ok at it.

The interesting thing about his fg% is that he is taking a lot more long contested 2 pointers this year. Check out his shooting breakdowns. He is shooting higher %'s at almost every range; the only area he is shooting worse is right at the basket, and that is becasue he is getting more resistance at the rim and still figuring out when to pass. His overall fg% is the same as last season becasue he is taking so many more shots between 10ft and the 3pt line, and he shoots a lot less 3pters and layups. (That's Watson's coaching, IMO. Most of the guys on the team are taking more midrange jumpers this season - even Barbosa who has made a career of only taking 3pt shots and layups.)
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Man that Orlando Magic photo accident is hilarious. They just posted their private GM notes for the whole world to see. What a bunch of morons. Why would they even have that player in that room?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I guess there isn't a chance that they did that as subterfuge.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm curious, how long before AD gets tired of the situation going on in NO?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Bledsoe wasn't on the list cuz that list was hybrids, so 3/4 combos. Also, Tobias Harris was on the list. They just traded him. The list just seems to have all the decent 3/4's that might be available. The saric for ag comment seems to be the biggest reveal

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I know some are really high on Gordon but I think he kinda sucks. Not surprising they're thinking about seeing what they can get for him.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I like the idea of Gordon, but I don't know how useful he is as a forward in the 2017 NBA. Not a great distance shooter, not a great ball handler, not a great playmaker. Just a freakish athlete who can run and jump and dunk. Those are nice skills, but I'm not sure that's what you want to optimize for in today's NBA. It's also a bit concerning how he's already become a bit injury prone.

carey

Post by carey »

In2ition wrote:I'm curious, how long before AD gets tired of the situation going on in NO?
A year ago?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:
In2ition wrote:I'm curious, how long before AD gets tired of the situation going on in NO?
A year ago?
When does trade talks for AD get serious and what would a trade for him look like?

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote: When does trade talks for AD get serious
February 2021, when he is approaching free agency. You don't trade a player like him unless the alternative is losing him for nothing.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Orlando Sentinel article on the embarrassing photo with quotes from Gordon and Vogel.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/o ... story.html

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I like the idea of Gordon, but I don't know how useful he is as a forward in the 2017 NBA. Not a great distance shooter, not a great ball handler, not a great playmaker. Just a freakish athlete who can run and jump and dunk. Those are nice skills, but I'm not sure that's what you want to optimize for in today's NBA. It's also a bit concerning how he's already become a bit injury prone.
Yeah, I'm surprised that INF is so high on him.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

He only likes Gordon because he's on another team. If we had drafted him...

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
In2ition wrote: When does trade talks for AD get serious
February 2021, when he is approaching free agency. You don't trade a player like him unless the alternative is losing him for nothing.
Shoot, according to Sarver and McD, the Suns will be contending by 2020. Might not need AD, and he will be old and gray by that time. ;)

I was just trying to figure out how to get the Suns to make a gigantic leap forward this off-season, like '88 and '04.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

In2ition wrote:I guess there isn't a chance that they did that as subterfuge.
I love a good conspiracy theory and all, but no. What could it possibly accomplish except to make them look utterly incompetent?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JCSunsfan wrote:
In2ition wrote:I guess there isn't a chance that they did that as subterfuge.
I love a good conspiracy theory and all, but no. What could it possibly accomplish except to make them look utterly incompetent?
It looks like the fanbase and many media were expecting a change in management this off-season anyway, but boy does that put them in an awkward position with Gordon... "What kind of Mickey Mouse outfit is this?"

Cap

Post by Cap »

Ya gotta learn to distinguish the edit and quote buttons.

TOO

Post by TOO »

ShelC wrote:He only likes Gordon because he's on another team. If we had drafted him...

I laughed quite hard at this.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I like the idea of Gordon, but I don't know how useful he is as a forward in the 2017 NBA. Not a great distance shooter, not a great ball handler, not a great playmaker. Just a freakish athlete who can run and jump and dunk. Those are nice skills, but I'm not sure that's what you want to optimize for in today's NBA. It's also a bit concerning how he's already become a bit injury prone.
He's also a pretty solid defender. He's basically a defend and dunk guy. D&D if you will.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:Ya gotta learn to distinguish the edit and quote buttons.
Haha, I didn't realize I did that. I was thinking, "who is he talking about?" I have my font so small and my eyes have recently taken a turn for the worse. Now my nearsightedness ain't to good no more.