2014 NBA Draft

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: 2014 NBA Draft

Post by carey »

An interview & workout footage of my homie Dougie McBucketts: http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Dou ... Video-4550
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

INFORMER wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:Jordan Adams really slimmed down. Lost like 20lbs I think.

He did well in the shooting drills as well, I think he'll play his way into the lottery by the end of the process. Guy can really score the ball, but his main knock was his inability to have a quickness and stay in front people.
I really don't think there is any chance Adams goes in the lottery. He really struggled against good competition and I think his scoring ability will be limited at the pro level against stronger, faster, and longer defenders. It's great that he lost weight though; he really needed to.

All your concerns are warranted and its likely he goes in the 17-20 range, but I think saying he struggled against good competition is an exaggeration.

NCAA Tourney Numbers
Tulsa: 21pts, 8Rebs, 4Asst 7-12FG
S.F. Austin 19pts, 5Rebs, 3asst 8-12FG
Florida 17pts, 4Rebs, 2Asst 7-15FG

vs Other Top Teams
Oregon:
15pts, 5Rebs, 1Asst 6-12FG
19pts, 6Rebs, 0Asst 6-10FG

Vs Arizona
12pts, 11Rebs, 3Asst, 3Stls, 4-15FG
19pts, 4Rebs, 4Asst, 1Stl, 8-16FG

vs Colorado
14pts, 13Rebs, 0Asst, 4-15FG
17pts, 7Rebs, 4Asst, 6-13FG

vs Stanford
19pts, 3Rebs,2asst 6-11FG
8pts, 3Rebs, 2asst 2-7FG
9pts, 6rebs, 1Asst 2-F5G

He had a Bad game vs Duke too...something like 0-3 if I recall (I only have his Pac-12 gms infront of me at the moment.)

So he had bad shooting numbers in 4 out of 12 Games. Stanford was a bad matchup for UCLA in general. In 2 of the games He struggled shooting the ball he atleast got on the boards and Double Doubled. He actually played really well in the NCAA Tourney (Saw the game vs Tulsa which he was very good and the gm vs Florida in which he wasnt great, but still put up respectable numbers vs 1 of the best defense teams in america and Scotty Wilbikon)
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I was referring to the entire year, not just in-conference:
Jordan Adams vs Top-100 comp (7 games): 43% 2P%. 30% 3P%, - Jordan Adams vs Non-Top-100 comp (9 games): 67% 2P%, 42% 3P% - SOS matters IMO

He did a lot better in the tournament, which is big.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

iLLmatic wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:They'd be the same reactions we'd have had last year if we drafted MCW. Woulda been a complete WTF moment..
I don't think that's accurate. Word got out before last year's draft that the Suns were high on MCW. I don't anyone being vehemently against him, although most thought there were better options available at #5.

MCW and Ennis are two very different prospects. At least MCW offered more than just being the run of the mill traditional point guard. Drafting Ennis would be repeating the same mistake the Suns made when they drafted Marshall.
I gotta be honest, I don't watch too much college ball but when I watched the scouting video put together by DraftExpress all I kept thinking was Kendall Marshall.
Tyler Ennis is not Kendall Marshall. Marshall was a great passer, but not fast enough to attack the paint, quick enough to play defense, or a good enough shot to be a threat from the outside. Ennis is going to be a solid pg all around. He's not going to be outstanding at anything, but not terrible at anything either. The one thing that he will excel at is controlling the team.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Aaron Gordon is not going to make it past the 7th pick. Book it. If you want the Suns to get him, they will have to move up quite a bit.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I think the lakers will get the 1-3rd pick because the basketball gods are mother f#@kers like that.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Did i just read correctly, that the Cavs got YET ANOTHER #1 pick??? Holy hell, for such a crappy franchise in a crappy city, who are they blowing for all these draft picks? :P

carey

Post by carey »

I'm actually happy with the DX mock for the Suns right now. One of Stauskas/Harris at #14, then TJ Warren with #18 and my other lil' homie Elfrid Payton at 27.

A shooter, a slasher, and a do it all type PG (averaged 19/6/6). I know there's little chance of that happening but I do like all those picks.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Wouldnt be thrilled to come out of the draft w/o acquring a PF. Obviously you dont want to reach, but a high pick on a smaller SG wouldn't excite me. Payton would be solid but I think he's gone closer to the lotto.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:I'm actually happy with the DX mock for the Suns right now. One of Stauskas/Harris at #14, then TJ Warren with #18 and my other lil' homie Elfrid Payton at 27.

A shooter, a slasher, and a do it all type PG (averaged 19/6/6). I know there's little chance of that happening but I do like all those picks.
Right - our glaring weakness is at 4, so we'll go 1, 2 and 3.....

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Draft the best players. This draft and this offseason for that matter is not the only chance the Suns have to acquire a power forward. So stop with this now or never attitude.

A team's need doesn't change the quality of a prospect.

carey

Post by carey »

Like I said, I don't like any of the other 4s outside of Randle, Vonleh and Gordon, Swingy. Unless they are wowed by Capella but I don't know enough about him to suggest that will happen. I'm fine with addressing the 4 through trade or FA. Lets just select the BPA regardless of position so we don't have another repeat of Kawhi Leonard, cool?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I agree with drafting best players, not try to force a pick because of need.

BTW, Elfrid Payton won't be available at 27.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote: BTW, Elfrid Payton won't be available at 27.
You're probably right about that.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

In2ition wrote:I agree with drafting best players, not try to force a pick because of need.

Trying to force a pick is one thing - wasting all three 1st rounders on players we don't need is quite another. :lol:

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

SwingMan wrote:
In2ition wrote:I agree with drafting best players, not try to force a pick because of need.

Trying to force a pick is one thing - wasting all three 1st rounders on players we don't need is quite another. :lol:
No one is saying that. If the Suns don't need them, they will do something else, like a draft and stash or package the picks in a trade. The worst thing to do is to sell them off for cash. Second worse is to pick guys you don't like, need, or intend to develop.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

In2ition wrote:
SwingMan wrote:

No one is saying that. If the Suns don't need them, they will do something else, like a draft and stash or package the picks in a trade. The worst thing to do is to sell them off for cash. Second worse is to pick guys you don't like, need, or intend to develop.
I know - was mainly refering to carey's scenario.

carey

Post by carey »

I'm hearing homie #2 is killing guys in workouts right now and his shot has improved tremendously. So I guess we have no chance at getting Payton at the bottom of the draft like I hoped.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I would consider Payton at 18.

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote:I would consider Payton at 18.
Nice. Info for team Payton. Anyone else?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!