2017 NBA Draft Lottery

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
pickle

Re: 2017 NBA Draft Lottery

Post by pickle »

I don't think Alan should get more than 8 ish mil per year. He's a great guy but his defense isn't there and he isn't particularly gifted athletically. I keep on getting back to Boston, but Boston could use a guy like him, someone that can rebound take up space and spell the starter for 5-10 min each half. But the way Ainge manages his assets, don't see how we could swing a deal that benefits us in any way.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

When thinking about salaries, remember that we are paying Dudley 10 million in hopes that the rookies will develop and he won't play. Very few bigs are going to get less than 10.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

Superbone wrote:
The Bobster wrote:Lottery probabilities -

http://www.basketball-reference.com/fri ... draft.html
No wonder we end up 4th more times than not when doing the simulator. Because that's the highest odds of where we end up (for an individual spot). I hate this lottery system!
The Nets are like that too. Same with the Lakers.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

Cap wrote:I'm sure McD is praying that the Lakers get to keep their pick. If the pick conveys to Philly and they get a star with it, he will never live it down.
Doubt it, if not this year then the pick will convey to the Lakers next year.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Every time I initially do the lottery simulator from either ESPN or tankathon.com, I will get the Lakers with the 1st or 2nd pick. Every day it's like that. Suns are always 4th or 5th. I've just resigned myself to believing they will get 4th or 5th. I usually have to rerun the simulator about 5 or 6 times, until the Suns get a 1st or 2nd pick.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Just hit tankathon.

1. Phoenix
2. Phila
3. Boston
4. Phila

Interesting scenario. I think Philly really wants Fultz. #2 and #4 for #1? Take Ball and Tatum or Jackson and ???. Maybe Ball even falls to #4? Or Phoenix just takes Fultz. Philly then probably takes Ball, but maybe one of the combo guards. They need a scoring pg. Lots of ideas there. The safest thing is to not be too cute and just draft the BPA. Then they work out a trade if they want.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JCSunsfan wrote:Just hit tankathon.

1. Phoenix
2. Phila
3. Boston
4. Phila

Interesting scenario. I think Philly really wants Fultz. #2 and #4 for #1? Take Ball and Tatum or Jackson and ???. Maybe Ball even falls to #4? Or Phoenix just takes Fultz. Philly then probably takes Ball, but maybe one of the combo guards. They need a scoring pg. Lots of ideas there. The safest thing is to not be too cute and just draft the BPA. Then they work out a trade if they want.
Let's hope that whoever is running the lottery is luckier than I am.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:

1. Phoenix
2. Phila
3. Boston
4. Phila

Every time I run it either Orlando or New York wins.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Split T

Post by Split T »

1. Phoenix
2. Phila
3. Boston
4. Phila

I would do 1 for 2 and 4 then take Ball at 2 and Jackson at 4, if he's there, or Isaac if he's not. I don't think philly makes that trade though. I think they just take Ball and Monk and run out a Ball-Monk-Saric-Simmons-Embiid starting 5 that could wreak havoc on the east in a few years. Although, Fultz-Simmons-Embiid is a scary trio.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think a really interesting scenario would be if we land 1 and philly lands 3 and 4. At that point, I think philly would gladly move both for the first overall pick to get Fultz. Would you guys be ok missing out on Fultz/ball to add Jackson/Fox? Feel free to substitute Tatum/Isaac for Jackson and Monk/Ntilikina for Fox

At that point I'd pass, I think Fultz is too good a prospect.
Last edited by Split T on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
In2ition wrote:

1. Phoenix
2. Phila
3. Boston
4. Phila

Every time I run it either Orlando or New York wins.
The wait is killing me. Not really but I'm very anxious about it. Collectively, we have about a 55% chance for a top 3 pick. But for picks 1-3 individually, we have a 20% or less chance for each whereas we have a 32% chance for pick 4.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

God dammit. First three tries just now: 4, 4, 3. Finally on the fourth try: #1 with the Lakers moving to 4th and conveying their pick to Philly.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Just did five more: 5, 4, 3, 4, 4.

I am DONE! NO MORE! ARGHHHHH!!!!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

We're screwed.

ESPN
http://www.espn.com/nba/lottery2017/mockdraft
3, 3, 1, 5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2

Real GM
http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/ ... _simulator
2, 3, 2, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 4
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I get 1st and 2nd all the time when I do it, I don't know what you guys are doing wrong :D

Split T

Post by Split T »

Just did 10

Cap

Post by Cap »

I can't stand the wait!

Just another three and a half weeks until we found out which pick we get. And then another month and a half until we find out which player we pick. And then another three and half months to see his first NBA action. And then we'll found out how good a player he's really going to be, and how good a team we'll become with him, when...
Spoiler: show/hide

pickle

Post by pickle »

Split T wrote:

1. Phoenix
2. Phila
3. Boston
4. Phila

I would do 1 for 2 and 4 then take Ball at 2 and Jackson at 4, if he's there, or Isaac if he's not. I don't think philly makes that trade though. I think they just take Ball and Monk and run out a Ball-Monk-Saric-Simmons-Embiid starting 5 that could wreak havoc on the east in a few years. Although, Fultz-Simmons-Embiid is a scary trio.
If I'm Philly then I do whatever I can go get Fultz. With Simmons there they need a guy who can get points whenever he needs to. Ball is not that guy.

If I have the opportunity to go 3 and 4 for 1st, I definitely do it. We need more talent across the board.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2017/ ... r-a-change
This article doesn't give good odds to the Suns for 1 or 2.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2017/ ... r-a-change
This article doesn't give good odds to the Suns for 1 or 2.
Well, the odds are locked in. And they aren't good. We have a better chance of landing 4 or 5 than 1 or 2.