2017 NBA Draft Lottery

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Re: 2017 NBA Draft Lottery

Post by Cap »

Do we draft for need, or best player available?

If we draft for need, can we draft a coach?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:Do we draft for need, or best player available?

If we draft for need, we have to draft a coach.
I'm for best player available. Screw need, the Suns need nearly everything right now, incuding patience.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This is a great year to fall out of the top 3. It's a very deep and great draft, where the best player may very well end up outside of the top 3.

Just let the Suns win the lottery in 2019, 50 yrs after losing out of Alcinder.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Hey-O!
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

O_Gardino wrote:

Hey-O!
I'd trade #4 for Brad Stevens.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

This shit just reeks of corruption.

Not only do the Suns fall out of #2, but they fall out of #3 as well!! and who jumps in ahead of them? Of course its the Lakers and Philly of all teams. Plus Magic's smug wide ass smile. Never trust an asshole who shows all his teeth when he smiles. I'd love to punch him right in his smug mouth.

Fuck the lakers. Fuck Lonzo Ball. I hope he's a complete bust and he and his dad go down in history on the wrong end of a buzzfeed slideshow.

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

another bad break in a history of bad breaks
the 3rd slot might not have made a difference in our case
but 4 is going to be a much harder decision

i thought Fox looked like he'd never have an NBA body when i saw him
but he did school Ball
and when a kid finishes his college career with that kind of performance in a big game
you can't help wondering what he's capable of
i'd give him a hard look at 4
but then, Bledsoe would have to go?

that's why 4 sucks
and, when it also means LA keeps their picks
it more than sucks
it blows
BIG time!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

We'll see how it goes. 4 isn't the best, but it's not a bad place in this draft. Trust me, the best player(s) may come after the top 3.

BlaCkAdDa

Post by BlaCkAdDa »

Sucks but we weren't getting 1, who cares as long as we draft the guy we want/need and they come in without the pressure of being a number 2 pick

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

McDonough has already said he's drafting BPA.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:You guys are right. 4 comes up far too often. I think I'm just going to resign myself to 4 and hope to be pleasantly surprised.
Just had to go find this from earlier in the thread. Still stings though.
"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Meh. Was not expecting anything different. On to do more research on Tatum and Isaac. Also time to ponder trading dow or out.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I wouldn't take Isaac. He's intriguing but I think a little too similar to Chriss. Tatum is solid and I'm a fan, but Jackson probably has more potential. I don't think either are stars. If we want to continue rebuilding, Jackson is probably the way to go. I might be inclined to offer the 4 pick for Paul George and riding with Bleds, Booker, George, Chriss, Bender, Tyson for the next two years to try and make the playoffs and get Booker, Chriss, Ulis, Bender used to winning and competing in the postseason.

Also, if I'm Ainge and Fultz is my guy, I'm smokescreening hard with Ball to make the Lakers nervous enough to swap spots. Try and get a lower pick like their 28th or maybe a young big like Tarik Black.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Boston's position is not ideal either. Fultz is not a great fit with IT4. Perpahs try to convince Indiana that George is gone regardless, so Fultz plus some good assets for PG13 and Miles Turner. Try something similar with NYK for Prozingis and Melo. Butler is too little to spend the #1 pick and Chicago doesn't have a lot of desirable assets to make up for it.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Boston's position is not ideal either. Fultz is not a great fit with IT4. Perpahs try to convince Indiana that George is gone regardless, so Fultz plus some good assets for PG13 and Miles Turner. Try something similar with NYK for Prozingis and Melo. Butler is too little to spend the #1 pick and Chicago doesn't have a lot of desirable assets to make up for it.
You can bet Ainge knows IT's weaknesses. He is drooling over Fultz. IT is one of those players the frustrates a GM. He is good enough that fans really love him, but you know you have a ceiling as a team with him as your best player.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

specialsauce wrote:This s*** just reeks of corruption.

Not only do the Suns fall out of #2, but they fall out of #3 as well!! and who jumps in ahead of them? Of course its the Lakers and Philly of all teams. Plus Magic's smug wide ass smile. Never trust an a****** who shows all his teeth when he smiles. I'd love to punch him right in his smug mouth.

f*** the lakers. f*** Lonzo Ball. I hope he's a complete bust and he and his dad go down in history on the wrong end of a buzzfeed slideshow.

I've been calling him Johnny Basketball. I'm afraid his concept of reality has been clouded by his deranged father. I'd be surprised if he sticks in the league.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Let's see how Boston handles Cleveland. That might give us an indication on what they do. If they're close, I think adding a George or butler might push them above Cleveland. If they get crushed, I think they just take Fultz and keep building. Fultz and IT isn't a perfect fit, but it's not terrible. Fultz can play off the ball and run the offense when IT sits. I don't think it makes sense long term though, IT would have to be moved eventually.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:We weren't going to be disappointed by #4, right? Right, guys?

I'm disappointed. :(

Well, this is why the NBA does this lottery. To discourage owner like Sarver from tanking.
Good thing we passed the Lakers up in losses at the end of the year. Who needs the burden of taking that pesky number 2 pick? Of course, the order would have remained unchanged had we swapped lottery positions.
Honestly, isn't that the way it should work? Sitting half your team to rack up losses while another team scraps for wins? Who should you reward?

Indy

Post by Indy »

And for those saying why don't they show the lotto live, is because it ruins the suspense. They draw the numbers for the #1 pick first, then #2, then #3. The rest just fall in order of record. It would be stupid to show the 4 numbers they pull, then go to the reference table to look up the numbers, then say "Brooklyn won! Now stay tuned for the next 20 minutes while we play the rest of this out."

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Haha. Thought this was an underrated joke. Tip of the CAP
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”