2017 NBA Draft Lottery

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: 2017 NBA Draft Lottery

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:I'm just going to plan on 4th so I'm not utterly disappointed when it happens. And then I'll slit my wrist when we get 5th! :x
Spoken like a true Suns fan.
;) Life is not fair, man. I'm just hoping one day it happens. The Cubs last year give me hope. Everything just has to come together at some point in time.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:I'm just going to plan on 4th so I'm not utterly disappointed when it happens. And then I'll slit my wrist when we get 5th! :x
Spoken like a true Suns fan.
;) Life is not fair, man. I'm just hoping one day it happens. The Cubs last year give me hope. Everything just has to come together at some point in time.
I hear ya and am right there with you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

So, I added up the odds of getting a top 3 pick and it's only 54.5%. Pretty sickening. It's basically a coin flip whether we get a top three pick or not. And we all know how we do in coin flips. Anything we can do for OGW before the lottery?
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Yep, even Brooklyn only has about a 60% chance at a top 3 pick.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:So, I added up the odds of getting a top 3 pick and it's only 54.5%. Pretty sickening. It's basically a coin flip whether we get a top three pick or not. And we all know how we do in coin flips. Anything we can do for OGW before the lottery?
Hope she's gone after so many other bad luck streaks were dissolved.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Welp, they instituted the lottery supposedly to discourage tanking. We tanked for percentage points.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

For what it's worth, the Lakers have a 46.6% chance of a top 3 pick. So they are on the bad side of the coin flip.

But we all know it will go
NYK
LAL
BOS (from BRK)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Not only will we get screwed in the lottery, but the Lakers will move up and get to keep their pick. It's a mortal lock.

Cap

Post by Cap »

I'm sure McD is praying that the Lakers get to keep their pick. If the pick conveys to Philly and they get a star with it, he will never live it down.

Indy

Post by Indy »

O_Gardino wrote:For what it's worth, the Lakers have a 46.6% chance of a top 3 pick. So they are on the bad side of the coin flip.

NYK
LAL
BOS (from BRK)
That is exactly what will happen.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:For what it's worth, the Lakers have a 46.6% chance of a top 3 pick. So they are on the bad side of the coin flip.

NYK
LAL
BOS (from BRK)
OK, I'm taking a deep breath and expecting this to happen now. And I promise I won't cry when it does.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

NYK
LAL
BOS (from BRK)
OK, I'm taking a deep breath and expecting this to happen now. And I promise I won't cry when it does.
If you think you are going to, give me a call and we can cry together.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

NYK
LAL
BOS (from BRK)
If you think you are going to, give me a call and we can cry together.
It's a deal. :oops: ;)
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

NYK
LAL
BOS (from BRK)
The last time I got my hopes up for a pick that I thought we were going to get was back when we had the ATL pick from the Joe Johnson trade. I thought we were going to get it and I was getting my hopes up for Joakim Noah. I was at my kids karate practice and I left to go to the nearby Dairy Queen which had the lottery show on. I watched until it got to the pick where it should have landed and given us the pick, but it wasn't there. ATL had jumped into the top 3 and I was incredibly disappointed. I actually thought that Noah could have taken the Suns over the top and the odds that the Suns were going to get the pick were heavy in favor of just that, to no avail. Needless to say, the rest is history and I'm still upset about it. :twisted: :evil:

Then it became freak'n Robin Lopez the next year and they could have drafted a number of better centers at that spot. Ugh
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

NYK
LAL
BOS (from BRK)
The last time I got my hopes up for a pick that I thought we were going to get was back when we had the ATL pick from the Joe Johnson trade. I thought we were going to get it and I was getting my hopes up for Joakim Noah. I was at my kids karate practice and I left to go to the nearby Dairy Queen which had the lottery show on. I watched until it got to the pick where it should have landed and given us the pick, but it wasn't there. ATL had jumped into the top 3 and I was incredibly disappointed. I actually thought that Noah could have taken the Suns over the top and the odds that the Suns were going to get the pick were heavy in favor of just that, to no avail. Needless to say, the rest is history and I'm still upset about it. :twisted: :evil:

Then it became freak'n Robin Lopez the next year and they could have drafted a number of better centers at that spot. Ugh
I was thinking of that ATL pick, too. I really thought (and still think) that Noah would have been a very good fit for that team.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

NYK
LAL
BOS (from BRK)

I was thinking of that ATL pick, too. I really thought (and still think) that Noah would have been a very good fit for that team.
Could have been the difference between us winning a championship or not. We needed a defensive center next to Amare. Going back before that I think of Igoudala. Our brilliant FO blew that one and he could have been the difference maker too.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Just for fun, who is everyone's favorite at say #5?
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

carey

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Just for fun, who is everyone's favorite at say #5?
Tatum though DX has him going 4 now so idk. If he's gone I am not sure. Probably Monk.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Just for fun, who is everyone's favorite at say #5?
Trade down, maybe to Sac for their two picks. Still target a pg, maybe one that will need development like Frank Ntilikina and maybe a nice wing like Jonathan Isaac or OG Anunaby, or a stretch big like Maarkanen.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Frank Ntilikina or Jonathan Isaac right now. Although fox is intriguing. I don't like that he can't shoot though.