Game Day - The End: Suns (24-57) @ Kings (31-49), Tues 4/11/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: Game Day - The End: Suns (24-57) @ Kings (31-49), Tues 4/11/17

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:I could see the Suns getting a great rookie pg this summer and then going out and trading Warren and Bledsoe for Butler and trying to sign Blake Griffin just because patience has never been their strong suit.
Kill me.

Butler, Blake, Booker is way too much ego.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

We don't need Butler when we have Booker. Maybe Paul George if we were to go for a star.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:We don't need Butler when we have Booker. Maybe Paul George if we were to go for a star.
and we aren't ready for that yet. If we get a couple years of development for our young guys, and then we are a piece away, you do that deal. You can't smoke a great brisket without some time!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I've got a hard on to get Paul George this summer, even tho I know we'll just be mired in mediocrity for the next 2-3 years.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:I've got a hard on to get Paul George this summer, even tho I know we'll just be mired in mediocrity for the next 2-3 years.
Get it out of your system!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Just hear me out....we drop to 4th in the lotto, trade the 4th, Knight and TJ for PG and their 16th....eh?

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

ShelC wrote:Just hear me out....we drop to 4th in the lotto, trade the 4th, Knight and TJ for PG and their 16th....eh?
You might get a short snort from Bird before he hangs up :) I think if they decide to move George they get a better deal. For starters, they wouldn't include their pick for the privilege of paying Knight and then TJ in a year.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

One can dream.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
carey wrote:The only two I'm sad about is Gobert and Giannis. No one knew Giannis would become this though. Even though Bill Simmons was pimping him pre-draft pretty hard.
I remember being interested in Giannis, but I never would have picked him 5th. I remember Milwaukee picked him quite a bit higher than anyone expected him to go.
That's why you take the guy you want instead of worrying about where another team thinks that guy should go.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:This may have already been answered earlier in the thread, but: What's the current scouting report on Hield and the post-trade Kings? Is Hield playing well for them? Does the team seem rejuvenated by the removal of the dark cloud of Boogie, or do they stink just as much as ever?
He is playing a lot better. Shooting went up about 10%, he is fouling less, and his turnovers are only up a little despite having the ball a lot more.

Split T

Post by Split T »

O_Gardino wrote:
Split T wrote:
carey wrote:The only two I'm sad about is Gobert and Giannis. No one knew Giannis would become this though. Even though Bill Simmons was pimping him pre-draft pretty hard.
I remember being interested in Giannis, but I never would have picked him 5th. I remember Milwaukee picked him quite a bit higher than anyone expected him to go.
That's why you take the guy you want instead of worrying about where another team thinks that guy should go.
True, but I had no idea Giannis was going to be as good as he turned out to be. He was a mystery. I saw one video of him playing what looked like pickup ball, I was just intrigued by the size and rumored athletic ability + skills. I also was interested in Bruno Cabocolo, good thing we didn't take him instead of Warren.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I hear ya, Split.

For the record, I hated the Len pick but I didn't really believe in anyone in that draft class. So my opinion on that whole class is pretty useless.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya, I wasn't on board with the Len pick either. I really wanted Oladipo, but he obviously went ahead of us. When Noel dropped, I thought we were going to take him and thought we should have.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Superbone wrote: You think we've got it bad? This will be the Kings 11th straight season without making the playoffs. We should see lots of Bender in this one. Just for Pickle, this is THE END of the season for our Suns. I'm already looking forward to the draft and next season. The young guys have been a lot of fun to watch
Thanks for this. Since I don't watch the games in real time I rarely click into the game day threads. Caught up to this one though and rightfully it was a disaster. I know that we are tanking and I've been on board with that all year long, but at the same time I do wish that the young guys show development. That we are still so awful on defense really bothers me. I hope a good summer and training camp can get the young guys ready.

I don't know if we will have year-end summary threads, but I will just get started here a bit. I'm not *that* worried about Bender's shooting. If he's got a really bad shooting motion or is a career 40% shooter over 3 years of solid volume or something then I'd be worried. But if he's missing this wildly on a lot of wide open shots on such small volume, it feels like something's just wrong with him physically (or mentally), that should be easily fixed. The passing is great and a real asset. If he can develop more muscle tone over the summer so that he isn't bumped off a drive or the block so much, then I think he's got a really bright future.