NBA Western Conference Playoffs Round 1

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: NBA Western Conference Playoffs Round 1

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:The Blazers are going to play Nurkic tonight, while Kerr and Durant are both out for the Warriors. I think the Blazers are showing their usual stupidity of their medical staff. If playing Nurkic so soon after his injury causes it to aggravate, they'll have another potential Brandon Roy situation.
The Blazers are desperate and will try anything, while the Warriors are confident and feel they need to prepare for several more playoff games.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don't think they have too much to be worried about, if I remember correctly nurkic had a fibula fracture? That bone doesn't bear much weight. The worst he's going to do is break it again and bones will heal. I remember thinking they were crazy when Roy came back so early from his meniscus tear, but I don't think that had anything to do with his future injuries. His knees were shot from before he got to the NBA. And if I remember right, they removed the damaged part of his meniscus, so there wasn't actually anything that needed to heal. Bledsoe keeps repairing his meniscus, which is why his recoveries have been much longer.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:I don't think they have too much to be worried about, if I remember correctly nurkic had a fibula fracture? That bone doesn't bear much weight. The worst he's going to do is break it again and bones will heal. I remember thinking they were crazy when Roy came back so early from his meniscus tear, but I don't think that had anything to do with his future injuries. His knees were shot from before he got to the NBA. And if I remember right, they removed the damaged part of his meniscus, so there wasn't actually anything that needed to heal. Bledsoe keeps repairing his meniscus, which is why his recoveries have been much longer.
Do you work for the Portland Trailblazers medical staff?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Man, the finish of this Spurs/Grizz game was nuts. Went to OT on a missed Kawhi shot, then Kawhi ties it on a 3 with 8 seconds left in the OT. Kawhi had 40+ points and 6 steals. But Marc Gasol shoots a sideways runner to win it with less than a second left. Really cool finish.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Split T wrote:I don't think they have too much to be worried about, if I remember correctly nurkic had a fibula fracture? That bone doesn't bear much weight. The worst he's going to do is break it again and bones will heal. I remember thinking they were crazy when Roy came back so early from his meniscus tear, but I don't think that had anything to do with his future injuries. His knees were shot from before he got to the NBA. And if I remember right, they removed the damaged part of his meniscus, so there wasn't actually anything that needed to heal. Bledsoe keeps repairing his meniscus, which is why his recoveries have been much longer.
Do you work for the Portland Trailblazers medical staff?

Haha. Just trying to make some sense of it. They could definitely play it a little safer, but I don't think they're being negligent or anything.

carey

Post by carey »

How would people feel about NBA champion Javale McGee? Just curious.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:How would people feel about NBA champion Javale McGee? Just curious.

I was just coming on here to post that he seems to have grown up a bit. If the Suns get a dynamic pass first pg in the draft and Len and Williams get offered out of salary range to retain, McGee would be a fun option. All the tools except the brains to become a dominant center.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:How would people feel about NBA champion Javale McGee? Just curious.

Indifferent.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

I think that the team enjoys making him look good for the 15 minutes he plays and being as good as they are they succeed. I don't believe he'd be like this anywhere else.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Man, the finish of this Spurs/Grizz game was nuts. Went to OT on a missed Kawhi shot, then Kawhi ties it on a 3 with 8 seconds left in the OT. Kawhi had 40+ points and 6 steals. But Marc Gasol shoots a sideways runner to win it with less than a second left. Really cool finish.
The entire 4th qrt and OT was great. Huge game by Conley , the back n forth shot making between him and Kawhi was cool
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

carey

Post by carey »

Yes, probably the best basketball game I've seen in some time. If you'd have asked if I thought it would come from the S.A. / Memphis series before the playoffs started I'd have just laughed at you.

I'm sure S.A. is still supremely confident but (Gary Bender voice) all of a sudden the series is tied 2-2. Probably not what they had in mind.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

In2ition wrote: I was just coming on here to post that he seems to have grown up a bit. If the Suns get a dynamic pass first pg in the draft and Len and Williams get offered out of salary range to retain, McGee would be a fun option. All the tools except the brains to become a dominant center.
I guess it's a damn shame that the brain is really fucking important to being a dominant anything then.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Man, the finish of this Spurs/Grizz game was nuts. Went to OT on a missed Kawhi shot, then Kawhi ties it on a 3 with 8 seconds left in the OT. Kawhi had 40+ points and 6 steals. But Marc Gasol shoots a sideways runner to win it with less than a second left. Really cool finish.
Yeah, that was a great game. Glad to see the Grizzlies pull it out.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Nurkic experiment needs to be over. He was lumbering around obviously not able to move normally, wouldn't shoot the ball, and they still lost.
"Be Legendary."

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Roberson is 0-7 from the line in the series.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Here comes hack-a-Roberson! 0-11 before making 2 in a row.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Hermen wrote:Here comes hack-a-Roberson! 0-11 before making 2 in a row.
And then missing the next two before being taken out of the game. The Thunder are all but done now after going down 3-1. I can't see them winning in Houston.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Trump's influence reaches NBA basketball:

https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/856281400063926272

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:Trump's influence reaches NBA basketball:
Maybe not the right forum for this, but it's not a Trumpism unless he goes after the reporter by name, calling him a disgusting disgrace from a failing outfit. What Westbrook does here is just garden variety pissy-with-the-press.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:Trump's influence reaches NBA basketball:
Maybe not the right forum for this, but it's not a Trumpism unless he goes after the reporter by name, calling him a disgusting disgrace from a failing outfit. What Westbrook does here is just garden variety pissy-with-the-press.

Yeah, and he provided an articulate answer the first time, it's a sports interview, so you always can either go ranting, go analytics or go common places in your answers, this is not a congresional hearing, so if the reporter can keep pushing his question, Westbrook can wave him off. Is not like Wetsbrook had said "next question" from the beginning. And I actually liked the essence of his answer a lot.