NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs Round 1

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs Round 1

Post by bajanguy008 »

Indy wrote:
ShelC wrote:I loved his signing and the contract, wish he were here but he never really felt like ours. I think we signed him knowing we were going to trade him - McD's asset acquisition plan. Too bad. You have to specifically build around him but he's worth it. One of my favorite players in the league. He's a straight baller.
The way he goes right into the body of a 7-footer right under the rim and still get up a shot is a amazing. The way he was staring down Keef was wonderful. It felt like there is some history there.
Every game I smh at the drives into the big guys , just will never figure how he excels at that
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

carey wrote:I'm in disbelief that he isn't exploited on every possession down the floor but they play in a different NBA now. You can hide a guy that small on defense at times but he has to be a flamethrower offensively & IT certainly is that.
Yea I wonder about that too, Wall was really punishing him at times and the resulting double teams were giving some easy 3's and then Gortat was having a time too.You said it best tho regardless of the defensive side he is a beast on O so hey lol

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I was glad we traded IT. He didn't play as well here as he has in Boston, and I didn't like watching him hog the ball and chuck up shots. He's benefited from the Boston/Stevens system and their roster of good role players around him. I don't begrudge the guy anything and am happy to see him do well, though I am not a fan of watching ball-dominant guards like him in general.

Indy

Re: RE: Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs Round 1

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Indy wrote: I don't think anyone is forgetting that part, but once Goran said he didn't want to be here, you had to pick between IT and Bledsoe. Easy choice for me.
Only in hindsight right? Because iirc people were complaining that IT was a ball hog & the offense ground to a halt every time he came in even though he shot the ball really well.
I was one of a few people suggesting we keep IT and Bledsoe. I realize he is a ball hog as a 2nd unit PG, but we needed a microwave and it wasn't clear we were keeping GG after that season.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I was glad we traded IT. He didn't play as well here as he has in Boston, and I didn't like watching him hog the ball and chuck up shots. He's benefited from the Boston/Stevens system and their roster of good role players around him. I don't begrudge the guy anything and am happy to see him do well.
Amen.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

carey wrote:I'm in disbelief that he isn't exploited on every possession down the floor but they play in a different NBA now. You can hide a guy that small on defense at times but he has to be a flamethrower offensively & IT certainly is that.
they are abusing Isaiah in the post tonight