NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs Round 1

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs Round 1

Post by Mori Chu »

The sad truth is that it's probably a precursor to us going after Paul Millsap this summer in free agency. I am not kidding.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:The sad truth is that it's probably a precursor to us going after Paul Millsap this summer in free agency. I am not kidding.
Bite your tongue, Infidel! I am not kidding.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:The sad truth is that it's probably a precursor to us going after Paul Millsap this summer in free agency. I am not kidding.
Nah, Chriss is the chosen one. 0% chance we chase Millsap.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

We signed Chandler despite having Len. We signed Bledsoe and I. Thomas despite having Dragic. Etc. Etc.

Cap

Post by Cap »

They have the ability to analyze and adapt.

I hope.

Split T

Post by Split T »

They'd have to go completely against their stated philosophy. I guess they could be lying, but I think they're done adding 30+ vets. Although milsapp is the exact guy I'd want Chriss to emulate. He does so many things well. But let's have him emulate him from afar.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I just don't see it with Chriss in that regard. Chriss needs to develop his inside game and focus on that, otherwise we'll have Cliff Robinson 2.0.

Millsap would've been great for our 7SOL teams.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don't really need Chriss to be a post player, sure I'd take that skill, but it's a luxury. The way the NBA is going, he just needs to be able to shoot from the outside and dive hard on the pick and roll and finish at the rim. He's got those skills already and just needs to keep developing them. I say milsap as a model to follow because I'd love Chriss to do the little things on offense and defense that milsap does. Milsap is a great defender, with good hands and good anticipation. Chriss seems to have good instincts at getting steals and blocking shots. He needs to learn some fundamentals still and his play recognition is lacking right now. Offensively, I've seen flashes of Chriss as a passer, but not much. He's got a few off the dribble moves, but needs work. If he can develop a high post face up game where he can hit the 18 footer, drive past his man, or find and hit cutters, he could be special.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Wizards started great until Morris was injured. Terrible news for them if he misses more games, with Oubre playing instead of him Thomas got a place to hide on defense.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

After a meltdown in the third, Wizards close the gap in the fourth (Bogdanovic with 8pts in three possesions). Celtics already used the bonus this quarter but Washington is shooting 50% from the line in the game.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Hermen wrote:Wizards started great until Morris was injured. Terrible news for them if he misses more games, with Oubre playing instead of him Thomas got a place to hide on defense.
Poor crybaby Morris.
"Be Legendary."

jonh

Post by jonh »

Superbone wrote:
Hermen wrote:Wizards started great until Morris was injured. Terrible news for them if he misses more games, with Oubre playing instead of him Thomas got a place to hide on defense.
Poor crybaby Morris.
Im not sure if I am ever going to be able to root for the team he plays on again. I think these last few years have made me a vindictive fan. Im not sure who to root for in the Washington/Boston series because I dislike both Morris and Thomas.

Indy

Post by Indy »

jonh wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Poor crybaby Morris.
Im not sure if I am ever going to be able to root for the team he plays on again. I think these last few years have made me a vindictive fan. Im not sure who to root for in the Washington/Boston series because I dislike both Morris and Thomas.

What did Thomas do to piss you off?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm rooting for Washington because I really like watching Wall, Beal, and Gortat. Boston just looks like a team of random spare parts to me, and I don't especially like watching Thomas's game of holding the ball so much.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I'm rooting for Washington because I really like watching Wall, Beal, and Gortat. Boston just looks like a team of random spare parts to me, and I don't especially like watching Thomas's game of holding the ball so much.
I could never root for a team with Keef on it, unless maybe he was playing the lakers.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Indy wrote:
jonh wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Poor crybaby Morris.

What did Thomas do to piss you off?
Its an indirect dislike--I was a Dragic fan, and I associate him coming here and wanting to prove himself as a starter as one of the main drivers of Dragic wanting to leave. My memory of that year is a little hazy though--that was my first year in a PhD program and with a newborn, so I only caught bits and pieces of what was going on.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

this Celtics Wizards game been really good
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

Yep, wall and Beal both had pretty good looks for the win, but we're in overtime now

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Wall is great to watch, but I will never be able to root for Kieff,

Split T

Post by Split T »

IT just hit 50. Fouled Markieff out in the process