Suns News: The Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
O_Gardino

Re: RE: Re: Suns News: The Offseason

Post by O_Gardino »

JCSunsfan wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
carey wrote:
Split T wrote:
Jackson is ready to play right now. If we draft him, I'd play him 25 minutes minimum.
Ok. Then give me your minutes distribution for Ulis, Bender, Warren & Chriss.
I'll bite. Minutes assuming we draft Jackson and two 2nd rounders, and don't make any other significant moves:
Bled 32 Ulis 16
Book 36 Barbosa 12
Warren 28 Jackson 20
Chriss 26 Bender 18 Warren 4
Len 20 Chandler 15 Williams 13

Odd men out: Knight, Dudley, DJJ, 2nd round picks. Center situation is still weird.
So, they are going to draft Isaac. Len is not coming back. Both Isaac and Bender will get time at the 5. Barbosa's time till be limited. Both Warren and Jackson will get time at the 2 in specialty situations.
I would be pretty happy to get Jackson and Isaac and move on from Len.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

JCSunsfan

Re: RE: Re: Suns News: The Offseason

Post by JCSunsfan »

O_Gardino wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
carey wrote:
Split T wrote:
Jackson is ready to play right now. If we draft him, I'd play him 25 minutes minimum.
Ok. Then give me your minutes distribution for Ulis, Bender, Warren & Chriss.
I'll bite. Minutes assuming we draft Jackson and two 2nd rounders, and don't make any other significant moves:
Bled 32 Ulis 16
Book 36 Barbosa 12
Warren 28 Jackson 20
Chriss 26 Bender 18 Warren 4
Len 20 Chandler 15 Williams 13

Odd men out: Knight, Dudley, DJJ, 2nd round picks. Center situation is still weird.
So, they are going to draft Isaac. Len is not coming back. Both Isaac and Bender will get time at the 5. Barbosa's time till be limited. Both Warren ll get time at the 2 in specialty situations.
I would be pretty happy to get Jackson and Isaac and move on from Len.

Brain freeze. Sorry. But how to we get Jackson and Isaac? Its going to be either or.

In2ition

Re: Suns News: The Offseason

Post by In2ition »

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2017/ ... vin-durant

Iggy anyone? Maybe this says that the Suns are targeting a pg in the draft? Or just more misdirection.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

He'd replace PJ as the guy Booker has to go against in practice.. Thats good I guess..?
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:Iggy anyone?
10 years ago, yes. Now, no.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Iggy is my dude, but a pointless signing if Knight and Dudley are still on the roster. Especially if we keep Warren while drafting a small forward.

Really we're going to have a log jam at any position we draft right now except C and there's no Cs worth discussing at #4.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

carey wrote:Iggy is my dude, but a pointless signing if Knight and Dudley are still on the roster. Especially if we keep Warren while drafting a small forward.

Really we're going to have a log jam at any position we draft right now except C and there's no Cs worth discussing at #4.
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

Iggy only makes sense if Warren is gone.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:Iggy only makes sense if Warren is gone.
I'd rather keep TJ
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Split T

Post by Split T »

He also only really makes sense if we draft Jackson or Tatum too. Iggy would be a mentor.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:He also only really makes sense if we draft Jackson or Tatum too. Iggy would be a mentor.
I kind of disagree. He would offer a little more than PJ did, and more defense, passing and 3 pt shooting then TJ. Could come off the bench or start. Hopefully TJ makes the 4th year leap.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Here's another article by delusional Sixer fans and a lopsided trade that helps the Sixers but screws the Suns. Enjoy and let them know what you think:
https://thesixersense.com/2017/06/02/ph ... enix-suns/

carey

Post by carey »

Anyone have any interest in Dewayne Dedmon? He opted out of his deal with S.A. that would have paid him $3M. He's 27-years-old and could be an interesting Williams-Len replacement. I've no idea on which way we're going on that front.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

carey wrote:Anyone have any interest in Dewayne Dedmon? He opted out of his deal with S.A. that would have paid him $3M. He's 27-years-old and could be an interesting Williams-Len replacement. I've no idea on which way we're going on that front.
Some, but I think it's important we go in to the season with only 2 traditional centers, plus maybe a 3rd on a 2-way deal.

Cap

Post by Cap »

carey wrote:Anyone have any interest in Dewayne Dedmon? He opted out of his deal with S.A. that would have paid him $3M. He's 27-years-old and could be an interesting Williams-Len replacement. I've no idea on which way we're going on that front.
Pretty sure Williams will still be here. Don't know about Len. Also don't know about Chandler.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I dont like the idea of paying anyone the Spurs made look better than they are.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

In2ition wrote:Here's another article by delusional Sixer fans and a lopsided trade that helps the Sixers but screws the Suns. Enjoy and let them know what you think:
For the lazy: Suns get TJ McConnell, Gerald Henderson and Okafor (and no picks whatsoever). Suns give up Bledsoe, Dragan Bender.

The audacity is indescribable. Beyond all homerism.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Have liked Dedmon since he poped up for Orlando in summer league some years ago, and I think he'd make an interesting target. Dedmon and Big Sauce would make a nice rotation if a third guy (ideally Bender) can add a different dimension and bring some spacing and shooting. Still, as pointed by TOO, beware the role player from San Antonio (very much like it used to be the case from PHX during the Nash era).

carey

Post by carey »

Yeah, makes sense. His highlights are nothing special and I'm sure we could find someone like him in the D-League or in the 2nd round this year if we were inclined.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
In2ition wrote:Here's another article by delusional Sixer fans and a lopsided trade that helps the Sixers but screws the Suns. Enjoy and let them know what you think:
For the lazy: Suns get TJ McConnell, Gerald Henderson and Okafor (and no picks whatsoever). Suns give up Bledsoe, Dragan Bender.

The audacity is indescribable. Beyond all homerism.
They must have not realized that okafor sucks and has no trade value.